Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who leaves for the draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Who leaves for the draft

Jan 2, 2018, 10:19 AM

Ferrel
Wilkins
A. Bryant (maybe)
Cain (maybe)
Good to hear that Ray Ray and Renfrow are staying, and I think Hyatt said he was coming back also.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who leaves for the draft

Jan 2, 2018, 10:22 AM

I hope 1 of those 3 D-Line guys stay. Be nice if Hyatt stayed. Am I a bad person for not caring if Cain leaves?

Jan 2, 2018, 10:25 AM

Cain sparked us in the Natty last year, but I have been less than impressed with him this year. Its in his best interest to come back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 10:27 AM

Agreed, he's not a finished product.

He needs another year to clean up the little things.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 10:44 AM

It is not the little things. It is simply the drive to be the best and win every battle on the field. To go up and take what is his and play with a mean streak. Mike Williams was the nicest guy in the world, but you could forget about him letting you touch his football. Nuk Hopkins is not the most physically gifted but he will out fight anyone who gets in his way. Usually you see a transformation in mindset in the sophomore/junior year for receivers. Neither Cain or RR has made this transformation and if they come back that drive will determine how great they can be.

null

I really hope Hyatt is coming back. That would be huge*****

Jan 2, 2018, 10:27 AM

Jan 2, 2018, 10:30 AM

Cain would not be smart to leave. He’s not close to ready. If we get lucky and only lose Wilkins, the D will be better next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 10:31 AM

Most likely all three DL leave; dont see them doing anything more to improve their draft choices in 2018; best to get paid now - Huggins and the others are OK but there will be a considerable drop off for us next year along the DL at least until the 2 freshman get up to speed but they will still be freshman.

Cain- honestly, where does he get drafted? He is not a 50/50 guy and he has dropped a lot of passes in big moments. Is he a 4-5 round pick? Granted, he was better under DW4 who made a lot of receivers look good but KB is not going to suddenly become a downfield passer. Cain might as well go and try to get some $$$ this year I guess.

Hyatt - might as well go as well as I dont see him improving his stock. He is a 3 yr starter and very good. I suppose it will depend on what OL are in the draft this year but I would think he leaves as well but maybe not.

Ray Ray - seriously? He may not start next year with Amari Rogers coming on.

Renfrow - he actually is that guy who could step into a slot position with the Pats and never miss a beat but I bet he stays.

Ray Ray and Renfrow have already confirmed they are staying, shouldn't even be mentioned in your post.

Cain will be a 3rd round pick at the latest just based on his speed, and for all the #### he gets for the drops he also made some contested catches last night and has in the past as well.

Hyatt hurt his stock this year because he didn't progress from last year, another year in the weight room and working on his footwork and technique could move him to a 1st rounder where most thought he would be after last year.

Austin Bryant needs to come back as well, he was somewhat targeted and exposed in the running game last night. Would love for Ferrell to come back, but his stock has been increasing all year and he should certainly strike while the first round iron is hot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just FYI...

Jan 2, 2018, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Who leaves for the draft ]

McCloud has nearly the same catch rate as Renfrow. You might need to check the stats first. He's improved a lot this year and saved us in some games. (In a way, he was far worse two seasons ago, so it's easy to see the improvement.)

Cain should leave if...

Jan 2, 2018, 10:37 AM

he thinks K Bryant will be the starter. He will gain little if anything by returning. If T Lawrence is throwing it deep it plays into Cains strengths and it could help his draft to return.

Re: Cain should leave if...

Jan 2, 2018, 10:41 AM

I’m afraid that Dabo will go with KB no matter how good TL is. I mean he started Cole Stoudt over DW4.

That's a fact***

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You couldn't be more wrong. He has never done that before.

Jan 2, 2018, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Cain should leave if... ]

He went with Stoudt briefly. TL will win the starting job at one point. Moroever, Dabo has seen KB much more as a starter and knows how limited he is. It's way different than Stoudt. Dabo will go with whoever he thinks is better and and ready. That's a myth that Dabo won't play the best guy. ETN played ahead of seniors.

You made a very good point. CS was not the incumbent

Jan 2, 2018, 10:52 AM

starter when DW came in. He was ahead on knowledge and got the start.

This situation is vastly different. There will be a true QB competition. Wouldn't it be a hoot if Israel or Brice won the job?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: You made a very good point. CS was not the incumbent

Jan 2, 2018, 8:01 PM

I think people also forget that Watson got hurt in spring practice that year and missed some time including the spring game. The coaches still gave him reps in the 1st game, and he took over as the starting quarterback during the 1st quarter of game #3. People keep acting like Watson was benched for an entire year or something. IMO if Watson doesn't go down in the spring he would have been the starter from day 1.

Jan 2, 2018, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Cain should leave if... ]

I wish you guys get you stories straight. He started Stoudt because Deshaun missed not of th spring with a broken collarbone. If not for that he would have started day 1. Stoudt was more prepared to take the reigns. And when Deshaun was ready they put him in. Same thing will happen if HJ or TL wins the qb battle.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nm*

Jan 2, 2018, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Cain should leave if... ]

null

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Re: Cain should leave if...***

Jan 2, 2018, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Cain should leave if... ]

Jan 2, 2018, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Cain should leave if... ]

Well, despite your fears, I'll think I'll go with Dabo's track record in making football decisions.

Jan 2, 2018, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Cain should leave if... ]

DW4 also was injured when he started off at Clemson I've heard, I believe it was a collarbone issue I heard that hindered him starting before he got injured again vs GT

Jan 2, 2018, 10:39 AM

Deon will be a 4th round pick. I see this playing out exactly like Martavis leaving a year too soon

Martavis didn't exactly leave to soon.

Jan 2, 2018, 10:57 AM

If he wouldn't have blown it with the weed he would have been year closer to signing his second contract which would have been a large one. The guys that leave too soon are the guys that go to the NFL and never shine in the NFL and are drafted low. They never get their money and they don't make it. Martavis was set up perfectly but that weed fiasco may haunt him some.

Jan 2, 2018, 7:16 PM

There's no way Cain should leave. He is as physically gifted as they come as far as speed goes, but he drops way too many easily catchable passes and doesn't seem to have that drive to be the best. I would love to see Deon return to improve himself because right now, the NFL is not the place for him.

I've decided I'm not going pro right now.

Jan 2, 2018, 8:03 PM

I haven't talked to my family yet but I think they'll all agree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic