Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Huggins not rushing his decision despite urgency from coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

New Story: Huggins not rushing his decision despite urgency from coaches

Jun 12, 2014, 5:30 PM

Huggins not rushing his decision despite urgency from coaches

Four-star defensive tackle Albert Huggins of Orangeburg-Wilkinson spent three days on Clemson's campus earlier this week. What does he say about the visit? What is a timetable for a decision? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Huggins not rushing his decision despite urgency from coaches

Jun 12, 2014, 6:21 PM

We aren't the favorite over Carolina and USuCk ? Albert , Albert ...Albert....
Lets put this into perspective. I will use food as an example. Clemson is apple pie , Clemson is Cookies n'cream cake , Clemson is the perfect Ribeye straight off the grill.

Carolina and the Dirtpeckers are a scat sandwich and a warm cup of baby vomit.
You make the call , Albert Huggins.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I believe our competition for him is UGA and UF. Thise are

Jun 12, 2014, 6:30 PM

the schools he wants to see before deciding.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Jun 12, 2014, 9:04 PM

Come on, Albert. Clemson is a power that is getting stronger all the time. You will want to be a part of it. Great players quality character.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2014, 10:45 PM

With him putting us in the exact same class or level with usuc and UNCheat. Do we really care who ever else he wants to look at, I don't. Actually, I hope Dabo fills the spot before he decides. When ask about us being a favorite or a lean he says, and I'll quote him, ("I would say false. I've seen all that Clemson has to offer,” Huggins said Thursday afternoon, I really don't have a leader.)( Also he says, Hopefully, I can go to Georgia in two or three weeks, then go to Florida sometime this summer, take some official visits ( Maybe he was really meaning Business Visits/Trips) and see how it works out from there.”) With all the time he has spent at Clemson as he has said. Personally I really don't think he is right for Clemson if he isn't excited about us at all with all the time he has spent at Clemson. I just don't think we're offering him what I'm now thinking, what he is looking for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^Agreeing with him^^^^

Jun 12, 2014, 11:00 PM

He's seen all we had to offer. He's not interested. I hope I'm wrong but he might be looking for $omething else

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Jun 12, 2014, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Huggins not rushing his decision despite urgency from coaches ]

With as much time as he has spent on our campus it is a little troubling that he hasn't committed or much less won't even name us as his leader. Hope this doesn't turn into another M. Adams incident where we thought for almost 2 years that we were getting him only for him to go somewhere else in the end.

Jun 15, 2014, 12:06 AM

Hey man, there are no guarantees. Give the kid some
space. Any kind of pressure will be counter-productive.
I think we have a decent chance of getting him. Last time I looked, Rivals has our recruiting class ranked as number 2 in the nation. We don't need to be trashing an 18 year old kid because he's still trying to make his mind.

Couldn't agree with u more allorange

Jun 13, 2014, 12:06 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Huggins not rushing his decision despite urgency from coaches ]

I understand that this is a tough decision for him. Its going to reflect him for the rest of his life. But if he's been visiting us for 3yrs, seen everything we have to offer and we're not his leader? Like you said, If he isn't excited about us then maybe we should go ahead and fill his spot. Clemson is a special place. If he doesn't see that then its time for us to move on. Don't get me wrong, I would still be really happy if we get him but it just doesn't seem like we are what hes looking for

Re: Couldn't agree with u more allorange

Jun 13, 2014, 8:44 AM

He also knows Dabo doesn't like players visiting other schools. For a kid who doesn't get the opportunity to travel this may be his only opportunity. Give him a break, I think he is a Tiger at heart.

null

Jun 15, 2014, 12:21 AM

I agree. If we fear his visiting other programs, then that indicates a lack of faith in what we have to offer.
What we should do is make clear to these candidates that in the absence of a commitment, we will have to fill that position. First come, first served. It's a privilege to play at Clemson.

Jun 15, 2014, 12:12 AM [ in reply to Couldn't agree with u more allorange ]

Points well made. But we are now competing with top programs in the country for elite players. And, we are starting to win a significant number of these battles.
What we can't afford to do is come across as petty and vindictive. We are a top program. Present that and let them come to us.

Jun 13, 2014, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Huggins not rushing his decision despite urgency from coaches ]

I think y'all may be reading a little too much into the quote...First, Albert is a great kid and he hasn't been afforded the opportunity to be able to travel to the schools that are showing him the most interest. He wants to be able to go to Georgia and Florida and see how they compare. Huggins has told us in previous conversations that Clemson feels like home and that he without a doubt feels the most comfortable with Clemson's staff and players, but he can't say with 100-percent certainty that Clemson is where he needs to be without first seeing other places. He knows what he's going to get if he commits to Clemson, but he wants to do his due diligence before making a final decision.

And for the record, (there was no way to convey this in the story) when I asked him "True or false, Clemson is your leader?" his response was "ummmmmmmmm...............(long pause) false."

Let the kid see what other schools have to offer and I think at the end of the day he will be a Tiger.

Jun 13, 2014, 8:32 AM

nikki, you have to remember, on this board every syllable and word that is spoken by a coach or player or recruit is dissected here until they find something that can #### them off or make them worry. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks nikki, but would you tmail me what you really wanted

Jun 13, 2014, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Huggins not rushing his decision despite urgency from coaches ]

to write? #frustrating

;)

Hope you, david and yours have a great weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is "yours"?

Jun 13, 2014, 8:41 AM

It could be important.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Hey, I'm trying to get straight answers here, you mind

Jun 13, 2014, 8:45 AM

waiting your turn?

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, no problem. Just wondered if there's "more to the

Jun 13, 2014, 8:47 AM

story" than either Nikki or David has disclosed.

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Understand, but I think we need to be methodical here,

May 2, 2019, 7:41 AM

especially with that davidhoodsteele dude involved.

He can't even get his name right.

Jun 13, 2014, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Huggins not rushing his decision despite urgency from coaches ]

he has been a silent lock to Clemson for some time imo. we have a lot of help at ow with the coaches.

Why wouldn't he wanna visit all the places he can?

Jun 13, 2014, 12:36 PM

He likely has never had the opportunity to travel like this over his lifetime, and we shouldn't be knocking him for wanting to. Like Nikki said, I think there are many reading way to much into what he said.

Jun 15, 2014, 12:29 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Huggins not rushing his decision despite urgency from coaches ]

Then why don't we stop trying to pi$$ him of?

Jun 15, 2014, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Huggins not rushing his decision despite urgency from coaches ]

Right on.

Jun 15, 2014, 12:25 AM

Totally agree.

Jun 14, 2014, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Huggins not rushing his decision despite urgency from coaches ]

Well, when you are competing for top players, as we are now doing, this is going to be the drill. At least we are now recruiting in the top echelon, and I think we are starting to get our share. We have to present our case
and then step back and let these guys make what they perceive to be their best choice. I think we have a decent shot at him. No need to get vindictive.

Jun 12, 2014, 9:07 PM

Well I knew he wasn't Russian.

Russian eh!

Jun 12, 2014, 9:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb0QLxcvowk

Jun 12, 2014, 9:16 PM

The decision is a big one for him, no doubt. I hope he comes to the realization very soon that a decision to be a Tiger is one that he never will regret, and one that he will regard as among his very best moments in life. I hope he chooses wisely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. This is a HS kid who has

Jun 13, 2014, 1:05 AM

offers from UGA and UF among others. He wants to take trips - most do. If the coaches want him (and they do, then I want him to be a Tiger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2014, 2:33 AM

This young.man is a Junior in high school. He has been to Clemson multiple times over 3 years. He evidently knows what Clemson has to offer, but wants to explore all his options before deciding where he wants to be. I don't really blame him. I would love to see him decide to attend Clemson, but just give him time to decide what's best for him.

Jun 13, 2014, 5:47 AM

Albert Huggins to Clemson .

6/29/14

I have only begun to procknistify.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

be careful that you don't let a great opportunity pass you

Jun 13, 2014, 9:02 AM

by and you wind up having regrets about the chance that you had but did not take advantage of. Take your time but hurry up about it.....lol. I would love to have him but we don't need him as much as he needs us, I just don't know if he is old enough and wise enough to realize this.

Laffing at Dan Brooks.....

Jun 13, 2014, 2:55 PM

like he or the other 50 coaches won't hold a spot open for Huggins right up till NSD.

Re: Laffing at Dan Brooks.....

Jun 13, 2014, 5:21 PM

> like he or the other 50 coaches won't hold a spot
> open for Huggins right up till NSD.

What are you talking about?!?!? Of course he would. Where in the article does it say he wouldn't? geez, for a fan of another team you sure is spend a lot of time on our message board. WEIRDO....

If this kid vi$it$ Auburn, it$ over...

Jun 13, 2014, 4:59 PM

and you say?

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic