Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Pearman's tight end options limited heading into the spring
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

TNET: Pearman's tight end options limited heading into the spring

Feb 11, 2019, 2:40 PM

Pearman's tight end options limited heading into the spring

Clemson has been known for its depth at tight end, but after several key departures and the possible suspension of Braden Galloway, Danny Pearman will have arguably his toughest test in quite some time. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring on the 10 personnel***

Feb 11, 2019, 3:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Bring on the 10 personnel***

Feb 11, 2019, 9:32 PM

Not that you need it but TU sir. All of these comments and only you post about 10 personnel.

Looking forward to Air Trevor and WRU next year. I honestly believe our OL in good and deep enough to run 10 personnel and Trevor will have the game so slow he can pick apart any blitz attempts.

Re: TNET: Pearman's tight end options limited heading into the spring

Feb 11, 2019, 3:08 PM

Dabo needs to review every team member to ascertain if any player played TE in high school and could switch to provide depth. Pray Galloway can return as well.

Go Tigers!

Feb 11, 2019, 3:44 PM

Garrett Williams should come back. He spent all that time working in the program and then wants to go into the Navy when he could actually start?

Also, wasn't Stan Rome about 6'6" ? Maybe he was only 6'5", but he was pretty tall back in the day. I think he's in a wheelchair now.

Feb 11, 2019, 4:35 PM

Stan Rome was a 6’5” WR at Clemson ... his son Jay signed with UGA as a highly touted TE. Unless something has happened very recently, Stan is not in a wheel chair. He was in numerous recruiting photos with his son a few years back.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2019, 3:56 PM

I'm not that worried. We have gone games without even throwing to the TE and at times the blocking hasn't been really good. We'll find some guys to do the job and you can always use another wide out there to stress the other D

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can’t wait to see the double-takes when Renfrow gets on the field....

Feb 11, 2019, 4:23 PM

Pretty funny that he is # 31...the reverse of his brother’s number.
They can put him out there against Bama as a decoy next year.

Re: Can’t wait to see the double-takes when Renfrow gets on the field....

Feb 11, 2019, 4:51 PM

If Williams decides to leave the coaches should scanthe transfer portal for a graduate student transfer. Someone with several yrs experience. Similar to the QB we brought in from Stanford a few yrs back. However, be very picky and make sure he has good recommendations from current coaching staff. If there’s no one to meet those conditions then we better start planning to convert a current player into a blocker for certain play formations, because unlikely the current and incoming TEs will hold up as blocking TEs all year.

I was on the field after a game and wifey said hey there's

Feb 11, 2019, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Can’t wait to see the double-takes when Renfrow gets on the field.... ]

Renfrow....I'm like that ain't Renfrow must be his cousin, because he was a lot bigger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is in charge of recruiting TEs? How was this lapse

Feb 11, 2019, 5:21 PM

allowed to happen? I don't understand how we can be so thin at some positions(S last year, DT and TE this year) when we have been crushing the recruiting trail...We knew what we had in Richards/Smith/Williams loooong ago, Chalk has been here 3+ years and hasn't busted a grape and Galloway is a high reward project...Is there a plan in place, and if so, how did it fail?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo would be the guy in charge

Feb 11, 2019, 5:32 PM

of recruiting TE's and all of the other positions

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Well, he's done a sh1tty job with the TEs, because we are

Feb 11, 2019, 5:37 PM

down to our last one and he is eligible to leave

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yea, maybe we should replace him!***

Feb 11, 2019, 6:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Well, he's done a sh1tty job with the TEs, because we are

Feb 11, 2019, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Well, he's done a sh1tty job with the TEs, because we are ]

Free advice... don’t brings facts or arguments here. I tried to have a legitimate discussion about importance of blue chip ratio and you get the same old same old crowd commenting on national championships of the past and unable to look objectively and have a discussion about position depth. RockHillTiger whined and TD’d me for weeks while posting blue chip ratios (and having positive comments about a good 2019 class and what will be a great 2020 class).
It’s best you say that no worries have 1 scholarship TE and 1 impact Freshman to go along with 1 Freshman project at TE is good. Move along and wait until 2020 while we run 10 personnel next year, win a national championship, and post pictures of Cole Renfrow as proof why we don’t need 5 stars on the team.

Re: Well, he's done a sh1tty job with the TEs, because we are

Feb 18, 2019, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Well, he's done a sh1tty job with the TEs, because we are ]

Well it seems that the more i read about recruiting the more the more foul the mouth gets. the more we read about tigers the more i see foul words from our fans. Do we really need that. how about respect for our coaches and our players. Coach Sweeney has done one fantastic jog in every area, get off his back.

Re: Who is in charge of recruiting TEs? How was this lapse

Feb 11, 2019, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Who is in charge of recruiting TEs? How was this lapse ]

We also have Blank, Renfrow and Lay at TE.
It’s not as dire as you think.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2019, 7:01 PM

wait, what? Renfrow was granted a 12th year of eligibility?

Feb 11, 2019, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Who is in charge of recruiting TEs? How was this lapse ]

You do realize the plan has won the National Championship 2 of the last 3 years?? Nothing has failed!!! Nothing!

Feb 11, 2019, 5:58 PM

We haven't taken this position seriously since Dwayne Allen suited up. Jordan Leggett turned out to be pretty darn good his final year, but he took a long time to develop. What we need is a blocker out of that role that gets a few targets to keep the opposing D honest. I must say I like the double stacked wide outs - ain't nobody going to stop that stuff with TLaw at the helm. Now what I don't like in our offense is having TLaw run the ball. Sorry - but I don't care if he's fast as hell - stop running that kid. Pretty bizarre that we ran him as much as we did in the final drive against Bama.

Feb 11, 2019, 7:25 PM

Don't Forget Brandon Ford.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Pearman's tight end options limited heading into the spring ]

Anyone that questions why the qb should run the ball in our offense honestly has no clue about offensive football. There’s really no other way to say it. The qb run game opens up so much of our offense, and without the threat of it our offense wouldn’t be near as good.

Feb 18, 2019, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Pearman's tight end options limited heading into the spring ]

Lawrence sometime makes his own decisions as far as play calling so he likes that. Lets live with it. no we dont want him hurt but lets let him hit it once in an a while.

Feb 11, 2019, 6:29 PM

Just put in another OL... we rarely throw to them anyway...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, there are no games in the spring, so...***

Feb 11, 2019, 7:23 PM

Tanner Muse might fit the bill..

Feb 11, 2019, 8:11 PM

He played RB and LB in HS at Belmont South Point, and he does have some speed, pretty good hands, and ain't skeered to hit nobody.

Re: Tanner Muse might fit the bill..

Feb 11, 2019, 9:07 PM

Muse is a good idea.

Re: Tanner Muse might fit the bill..

Feb 11, 2019, 10:04 PM

Moving our Sr. starting safety to a completely new position on the opposite side of the ball is a terrible idea.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

This could have positive effects!

Feb 11, 2019, 9:11 PM

TNetters are constantly complaining about our special teams. Now, Pearman will have more time to spend coaching up ST while our Tigers set the world on fire with too many frisbee catching dogs for anyone to possibly cover.

Fortunately, it's a non-issue since we haven't used the TE

Feb 12, 2019, 12:12 PM

Feb 12, 2019, 11:12 PM

The only thing that scares me about this article is Coach Pearman will be responsible to figure it out. When I hear Pearman, I just think of how terrible we were a few years ago when he was responsible for special teams!

Feb 18, 2019, 3:17 PM

GET OFF HIS BACK

I heard we got a 300 lb walk-on named Wilkens Christian

Feb 13, 2019, 8:41 AM

that is impressing the coaches with his unusual quickness for his size. He says he will work for doughnuts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic