Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs Maryland prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Oct 15, 2010, 10:18 AM

The Maryland Terrapins come calling at Clemson’s Death Valley on Saturday, hoping to earn their fourth win in five tries against a Clemson team that is BADLY in need of W. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson vs Maryland prediction

Oct 15, 2010, 10:48 AM

CLEMSON 16 NORTH CAROLINA 21

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigers 34 Terps 17

Oct 15, 2010, 11:41 AM

Looking for Ell to have a big game, even if the Terps are prepared for him.

Tigers 48, Twerps 24***

Oct 15, 2010, 11:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigers 24 Terps 21***

Oct 15, 2010, 11:53 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same as last week...

Oct 15, 2010, 11:54 AM

Maryland: X
Clemson: X+1

Let's hope at least that.***

Oct 15, 2010, 1:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Coaching Advantage- "Right now", UMD. LOL. Afraid to say UMD

Oct 15, 2010, 12:37 PM

UMD always has far less player-talent than Clemson, but managaes to regularly beat Clemson because Friedgen's staff either outsmarts Clemson's staff or (perhaps more appropriately put) Clemson's staff out-dumbies Friedgen's staff.

2009: Clemson's awful play-calling last year lost the game and sparked a big change in the play-calling after the bye week.

2008: Clemson ran for 190 yards in the 1st half for a 17-6 lead. So in the 2nd half, UMD loaded the box to stop the run. But the incompetent Rob Spence kept trying to run the ball (or pass & screen to the flats) and so Davis & Spiller combined for 31 yards in the 2nd half! Clemson's final drive ended with 2 future-NFL RBs watching Cullen Harper "rush" for no gain on a 4th & 1. Friedgen outsmarted Clemson's staff 14-0 in the 2nd half for a 20-17 win over a superior Clemson team.

The only thing that would keep Clemson from winning this game is poor coaching (personnel choices, game-planning, and play-calling). I'd like to believe that Clemson's staff will perform competently, but after the last 3 losses, it's hard to have any confidence. It took the coaches all summer, 4 games, and 2 losses to figure out that Hopkins & McNeal should start over Ashe & Dye. Duh. It took the coaches all last season, this summer, 5 games, and 3 losses to figure out that Ellington is better than Harper and should get a lot more touches. (At least that's what they're saying now.) Duh. They put a cast-wristed McDaniel in to field punts. They put Harper in to field kicks. They call a lateral to Harper on a kick return as though he's a speedy, open-field running threat. They have Harper try to throw a halfback pass against UNC. (Even the ESPN announcers were repeatedly saying that they couldn't understand why the Clemson coaches were trying to get cute when they could just run Ellington.) Etc. Etc. Etc. Clemson's poor coaching lost 3 close games this year (and several games last year). They do some really good recruiting though. So here's to hoping that the coaches get their act together, and if not, that the player-talent overcomes the coaching talent.

Clemson by 10.

Re: Coaching Advantage- "Right now", UMD. LOL. Afraid to say UMD

Oct 15, 2010, 12:54 PM

Don't know you but after reading your various posts and commentaries, you and I definitely see most everything the same. I can't begin to count the times you have posted my exact thoughts regarding schemes, players, play calling, etc. It's refreshing to know I'm not alone in my critiques. Keep it up. I'm sure you will.

Thanks! It's nice to know I'm not alone! Go Tigers!!!***

Oct 15, 2010, 3:49 PM

Oct 15, 2010, 1:39 PM

The Fridge breaks Tiger fans heart again ; kicks FG in last 2 minutes because D couldn't stop them Twerps 24 Tigers 21

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Steele, Wasn't McDaniel used at LB

Oct 15, 2010, 1:40 PM

alot against North Texas? How did that work out for you? Sure you got the win, but 193 net rushing yards on your defense. This isn't North Texas either. And you're going to try this against a team with a QB that can run. Here's to hoping "your" defense doesn't look confused, pointing, and wandering around AGAIN. And Hood, whenever an opponent has the ball, the advantage should never be Clemson.

Oct 15, 2010, 2:05 PM

For once I agree with your prediction. Maryland's an empty suit and we're in despiration mode. Triple mortgage your house, give the points, and bet on the Tigers, we'll win by 4 touchdowns, maybe more.

^^ you obviously havent seen our offense^^ ******

Oct 15, 2010, 7:56 PM

Who is going to score all these points?***

Oct 15, 2010, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson vs Maryland prediction ]

Oct 15, 2010, 10:07 PM

Maryland 24 Clemson 20, Maryland triple-teams AE as Dabo runs him every other play to please his critics...

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic