Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who has Uga faced in the past couple years vs no huddle?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Who has Uga faced in the past couple years vs no huddle?

Aug 11, 2013, 7:18 AM

The only truly explosive o they faced that I know of was vs Boise st and Oklahoma st.They didnt do very well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who has Uga faced in the past couple years vs no huddle?

Aug 11, 2013, 9:44 AM

their new DC has seen nothing like this. Had they played ATM last year, I doubt they make the SEC championship.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 years doesn't exactly qualify as "new"

Aug 11, 2013, 10:52 AM

I think the weak link will be the number of defensive players that are unfamiliar with no-huddle more than Grantham's ability to coach them. He built a pretty solid defense at VT and was relatively well respected in the NFL for most of his teams (maybe not the Browns....but, well they are the Browns).

Experience and reads count as much as skill in quick play.

Aug 11, 2013, 10:19 AM

Last year Mizzou and Nebraska.

Both teams' fanbases were convinced that UGA had never seen anything like their offenses, and that they'd win going away.

Missouri was pretty awful, Nebraska = one dimensional

Aug 11, 2013, 10:39 AM

Hard to make much of a comparison in either case.

Missou went 5-7 and lost to Syracuse. Nebraska gave up 63

Aug 11, 2013, 10:47 AM

to Ohio State and 70 to Wisconsin. Wisconsin? Wow!

Not sure why anyone would use those teams to make a point about Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was just answering a simple question.

Aug 11, 2013, 10:54 AM

OP wanted to know which teams ran a no huddle recently against UGA.

It's a valid question but players matter most, and...

Aug 11, 2013, 11:05 AM

...this UGA defense will not be experienced at quick offenses regardless of the past. They may have the playbook down pat. And they may be pretty well coached by Grantham and his staff. But, it's a good bet our experience offense will be able to out maneuver them enough and take advantage of missed reads. They only need to make a few mistakes here and there for Boyd to make his move.

Re: Was just answering a simple question.

Aug 11, 2013, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Was just answering a simple question. ]

Yes you did. Thanks.

It won't be a novel offense to them.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Was just answering a simple question.

Aug 11, 2013, 12:09 PM

> Yes you did. Thanks.
>
> It won't be a novel offense to them.

I would say that the speed might not be novel, but some of the execution of the spread concepts will be. Say for instance Clemson utilizes motion well to occupy backside pursuit when they sweep Sammy around pre snap then read option the front side. I like the way that play (and the variants) is designed, and Sammy's speed makes it especially effective.

Clemson's offense is much different than what you saw

Aug 11, 2013, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Who has Uga faced in the past couple years vs no huddle? ]

versus Missouri and Nebraska. Missouri's offensive skill players are few and their overall offensive production all year was terrible, so their no huddle is no benefit to their game. I can't imagine any Missouri fans bragging about their poor team with a straight face. Their total offense ranked 96th nationally out of 120 teams last year, with less than 360 yards per game..

BTW, Nebraska ran over 70 plays and had 443 total yards on your defense, with a less than stellar passing game.
Their total offense ranked 23rd in the country last season.

Clemson's offense ranked 9th last year, with over 510 yards per game.

See below

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2012&rpt=IA_teamtotoff&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson's offense is much different than what you saw

Aug 11, 2013, 10:53 AM

Mizzou's fanbase was bragging before the season and if you remember, UGA vs. Mizzou was the Tigers first conference game. They were all hyped up and convinced that their spread attack would run circles around defenses in the SEC. They changed their tune throughout the season.

Also, the Nebraska offense averaged 6.20 yards per play while the Clemson offense averaged 6.28 yards per play. Not much difference there.

That being said, the Clemson O will probably get as many or more total yards as Neb on 8/31.

You're an ignorant sob aren't you?

Aug 11, 2013, 11:57 AM

We are not Neb or Mizzou and for you to think we are you're a total idiot. We sport the best OC in the nation for a reason you pos.

THUGA is going to get their arrses ripped and humiliated.

That is all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No need to name call

Aug 11, 2013, 11:59 AM

It's ok to have differing opinions.

And I never said Clemson was the same as Neb and Mizzou. They aren't.

Re: No need to name call

Aug 11, 2013, 12:03 PM

Well Ive read enough of your misguided trash over here. Your act is old loser

Take a hike

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the hospitality.***

Aug 11, 2013, 12:04 PM

You're welcome! Beat it mutt!***

Aug 11, 2013, 12:08 PM

Sorry so_com. These guys are a bit touchy.

Aug 11, 2013, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Thanks for the hospitality.*** ]

I think the game against you guys is going to be determined by who can stop the run. Even though we're known for our receivers a lot of our offense is predicated on the run. If you guys establish a running game not only will you keep our O off of the field, but it'll get your play-action game going. If that happens I hope our secondary has the discipline to not get fooled by it.

It's cool.

Aug 11, 2013, 9:34 PM

I got 99 problems, but internet beef ain't one.

As for the game, it will be fun to watch it play out. Can't wait!

Aug 11, 2013, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Who has Uga faced in the past couple years vs no huddle? ]

Missouri was up by 8 in the 3rd quarter and Nebraska was tied at the end of the 3rd. Georgia win the 4th quarter handily in both games but neither team had near the weapons Clemson has on offense

UGA has done a good job in the third and fourth quarters

Aug 11, 2013, 11:53 AM

Since changing the S&C staff a few years ago. Nice to see it paying off by taking control of games late.

Add Ole Miss to that list too

Aug 11, 2013, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Who has Uga faced in the past couple years vs no huddle? ]

They were in their first year under Huge Freeze, and they're running the no huddle too.

Very good post and point

Aug 11, 2013, 10:52 AM

Nm

Butt sniffers #### gonna be dragging after this game!

Aug 11, 2013, 2:28 PM

Goooooooooo Tigersssssss

Aug 11, 2013, 3:49 PM

Most Gamecock fans want Ga to beat you. Not me. Not for any special love but I want them down for the next game and trust me they will be. Looking at five stright losses to the state across the Savanah, a state they dominated for the whole 20th century, is something they can't handle.

I think it will come down to the Ga. defense; can they stop the Clemson rush and make the Tigers one dimensional? If so, a long night for Tajh, if not, they will be looking at five in a row to the Palmetto state.

Neither team is going....

Aug 11, 2013, 7:38 PM

dominate this game. Just not going to happen.

For Mutt fans to think they are going to bring that "SEC" hype in and thrash us is idiocy.

For we Clemson fans to think it will be easy, that is naive.

Obviously what I would LIKE to see happen is for Clemson to win by 20+.

I do however want to get across to the arrogant "SEC" hosers, that their mighty "Jawja" team is not going to be playing Savannah Valley State Tech!

We are CLEMSON!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Neither team is going....

Aug 11, 2013, 9:17 PM

Well most Georgia fans know that we are not going to come there and dominate Clemson,we are worried about your passing game because of our youth in the secondary. And I'll say this,Georgia has respect for your team! No matter what the fans think.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic