Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who do we like for governor?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 562

Who do we like for governor?

May 24, 2018, 12:34 AM

If you’re asking which state...I’m referring to the only one that matters...South Cackalacky! I honestly don’t know anything about the candidates, even McMaster. Just wondering if anyone should be avoided for any reason. TIA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I can say is

May 24, 2018, 12:43 AM

I will never post on Tnet again if Trump wins it. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should run for office

May 24, 2018, 7:41 AM

you've definitely got the promise and not deliver thing down pat.

signed Obed

Re: All I can say is

May 24, 2018, 8:48 AM [ in reply to All I can say is ]

It's amazing the hatred. Post about SC governor and Trump is dropped.

+1 since it is at least a political post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he was being funny

May 24, 2018, 9:08 AM

making a reference to his bet about Trump winning the white house.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but

May 24, 2018, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: All I can say is ]

In fairness to tbalm, that appeared to be self defecating humor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might be. But I can't give this one a pass....

May 24, 2018, 9:47 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Trumps-football-prep-school-days-Daddy-I-listened-real-23533824

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s fair game. Carry on soldier.***

May 24, 2018, 9:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, it has to be.

May 24, 2018, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: All I can say is ]

McMaster and Templeton fully rode the Trump train. They'll get their scarlet Ts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Who do we like for governor?

May 24, 2018, 7:07 AM

The only one I know anything about is Templeton. She seems nuts and I've heard people who worked with her say she was breathtakingly incompetent.

The rest of them I think would be ok. I don't see a great leader emerging from the pack yet, but Haley was a pretty good governor and she had a very rough start.

Re: Who do we like for governor?

May 24, 2018, 7:25 AM

Yeah! But CT is very hot!

That's a good thing

May 24, 2018, 7:40 AM

because if she gets in we're all getting fukked.

(unless you are one of her rich cronies in which case you're sitting pretty)

Anyone who isn't a Trumpie.***

May 24, 2018, 7:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

someone not named Henry McMaster

May 24, 2018, 8:32 AM

I dont think the young guy has a chance and I am afraid Catherine might.......

In all honesty I don't see the Gov of SC

May 24, 2018, 8:57 AM

having too much sway on my personal life. At least not with our laissez faire attitude towards almost everything.

I don't want an activist Gov. Haley was great about trying to bring in jobs. That was her big thing and she pretty much kept the status quo for most everything else. Being extremely pro political issue or the opposite doesn't sit well with SC people just because we want to live our lives and be left alone. Bring in the jobs and keep the other #### the same.

I like your funny words magic man

As much as people complain about the president

May 24, 2018, 8:58 AM

Its about the same thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah but that's more political theater.

May 24, 2018, 9:01 AM

Also, the words of the leader of the free world has more sway on trade and our economy than the words/actions of a governor.

His threatened veto prevented

May 24, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to In all honesty I don't see the Gov of SC ]

the cap for state retirees being raised from $10,000 so when you have 57.28 students in every class next year come back and tell me how he doesn't have much impact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Your point is correct (although I thought the cap went away)

May 24, 2018, 9:16 AM

being a government employee, of course the actions of the head of the government will directly affect those types of lives. My comments were mainly directed at the population of SC as a whole.

Sanford set the state up to get hit worse by a recession

May 24, 2018, 9:29 AM [ in reply to In all honesty I don't see the Gov of SC ]

by shifting taxes from property to sales tax. He didn't do it without the help of the SC legislature, but doing that right before the Great Recession helped ensure it would hurt worse.

I'd argue the Governor and local politicians have much more of an impact on your life than any US Congressman or President.

Auto vote against anybody that shoots a gun in commercial

May 24, 2018, 10:22 AM

You can tell me that you support gun rights. I think you look like a foolish 'tough' guy/woman when firing a gun in your commercial.

Replies: 20
| visibility 562
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic