Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gonna be completely honest here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Gonna be completely honest here

Oct 21, 2013, 12:14 PM

I'm not in the "fire [insert coach's name]" crowd or the "We suck" crowd or any of the stupid crap crowd. I am dissappointed and will express my opinion as such. I won't shine up the terd.

Dabo saying "50 to 60 teams lost saturday" was very Tommy Bowdenesque and Kevin Steelesque.

Why the heck can't our coaches just come out after a game like that and say "you know what, we looked pathetic. There's no excuses for the way we played. We've obviously got to get back to work and work these guys harder and change some of the ways we're coaching them"

I'm sick oft he coach speak, the excuses, the "well other teams lost" crap the "they were a good team" crap blah blah.

I don't care if other teams lost. The point of this game is to win. I don't care if they were a good team. So are we. Quit with the coach speak, tell it like it is and go fix it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just words. I don't expect perfect honesty or accuracy

Oct 21, 2013, 12:18 PM

when coaches are talking to the public. What they say doesn't mean much, and it's more political in a way. They can't trash the players in public and expect solid respect and devotion to the program. Dabo has said more than once we were outcoached. That's fine by me.

What really matters is winning and how you play the game. Fix this "rusty" problem and what you say in public makes little difference. But quit talking about it and FIX it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gonna be completely honest here

Oct 21, 2013, 12:20 PM

Rhetoric and talking points in politics, business or football, for that matter, mean very little when they don't match reality. I have seen more negatives from this team, than positives and instead of saying how "we got better" or "how proud he is of the team" Dabo really needs to focus on the negatives.

Do you have an issue with the coach speak after wins?

Oct 21, 2013, 12:21 PM

Would you honestly prefer Dabo to talk about how we just embarrassed (insert Wake, Cuse, or others in seasons past)? He talks to the media the same when we win or lose. You can be sure he doesn't talk to the players like this.

Who cares. Obviously we did something right, we won, but the

Oct 21, 2013, 12:23 PM

fans deserve someone take some responsibility after these "Clemsonings". And we want to know why they keep happening and who is going to man up and take responsibility.

Re: Do you have an issue with the coach speak after wins?

Oct 21, 2013, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Do you have an issue with the coach speak after wins? ]

I expect a coach to be honest after wins and losses and quit with the BS talk.

Dabo does that really well after a win:

"Played a great game. We'll celebrate the win and get back to work. Just one win. Got more games to go. The next one is the biggest."

However after an embarrasing loss he seems to want to excuse the loss with things like "other teams lost" "they were a good team, gonna win a lot of games" blah blah...

As if FSU is just that much better than us. I don't buy it and don't believe that for a minute. If Clemson plays Clemson football Clemson wins that game. We destroyed ourselves in that game I expect our coaches to be honest and say so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You could replace his comments from the other night in that.

Oct 21, 2013, 12:50 PM

"Played a bad game. We'll figure out what we need to fix and get back to work. Just one loss. Got more games to go. The next one is the biggest."
Being consistent is what Dabo wants and he is consistent with the media. He never says anything worth listening to. I was a college athlete and players love the fact that they know their coach is not going to say anything publicly to put them in a negative spotlight. Any form of comments about what went wrong would point out some player in some fashion.

Re: You could replace his comments from the other night in that.

Oct 21, 2013, 12:58 PM

The team didn't have football on their minds...they were more concerned with the media hype and interviews on ESPN and celebrities at the game ...and quite frankly ..why wouldn't they be consumed with all the distractions and BS...our Head Coach was leading the charge ..

Ford would man up and say the loss was his fault for not

Oct 21, 2013, 12:21 PM

having the team prepared, but he'd get it fixed. And after an ugly loss he had them hitting Sunday afternoon.

And Ford teams ALWAYS showed up for the big games.

Dabo took the blame Sat. night - I heard him say it.***

Oct 21, 2013, 12:46 PM

Watch the Chad and Venable videos.

Oct 21, 2013, 12:22 PM

That's exactly how they addressed the loss. Neither of them blamed it on the players exclusively. They personally took the heat for the loss.

I don't particularly like the '50-60 teams,' statement but if we're looking for someone to compare Dabo to, it might be more productive to compare him to Danny. It sure would make more sense to me.

Danny never lost a game like Saturday. How about that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

direct quote from Morris -- See quotes from Morris above

Oct 21, 2013, 12:22 PM

On Monday, Morris stated:

"... We're in our base offense right now, we got one guy playing well[Brandon Thomas] and 10 other positions out there. "

That tells me that he is opening up all position for competition including QB. Am I missing something here?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

I don't disagree with him that they are a good team, but

Oct 21, 2013, 12:31 PM

that had nothing to do with the mistakes our O made. Seckinger's fumble, Tajh's fumble and interceptions, miscues on routes? Those are on our team...that should not be credited to FSU.

Don't get me wrong, I still think FSU IS a great team and may very well go undefeated. They have an anomoly at QB. That guy is going to be Cam Newton all over again if his scrambling abilities get any better...

Who cares what he said...

Oct 21, 2013, 12:41 PM

You're not sick of the coach speak, you're sick about the blowout loss. Everyone on here is grasping for straws and trying to pinpoint everything except for the reality. If the tables were turned and we beat FSU 51-14 then Dabo went up there mouthing coach speak for 5 hours no one bat an eye.

Fact is we got beat, FSU was the better team on Saturday night. Now, we need to suck it up, move on and stop micro analyzing all the things that don't matter.

Excellent post!***

Oct 21, 2013, 12:51 PM

Re: Who cares what he said...

Oct 21, 2013, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Who cares what he said... ]

I don't think most of you watched the same game that I did. FSU simply has better players than we do and their top five recruiting classes are finally paying off. Have to give Jimbo credit for going out and hiring some great defensive minds. Two former Alabama coaches, Pruitt and Sunseri, learned from the best, Saban, and they are showing the nation that. Sure,we did not play good, but give FSU credit for making us look bad. The bottom line was they simply have better athletes than us and that takes better recruiting to correct that!!!

+1, but there are some problems that need addressing.***

Oct 21, 2013, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Who cares what he said... ]

Re: Gonna be completely honest here

Oct 21, 2013, 12:42 PM

Saying I didn't have them prepared is coach speak as well. They are not going to say our guys and coaches gave u.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

50 % of the teams win 5 out of 10 times***

Oct 23, 2013, 1:19 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic