Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who are these AH parents who start lining up at school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 990

Who are these AH parents who start lining up at school

Feb 27, 2020, 3:24 PM

45 minutes early to pick their kids up? Why do they have nothing better to do? Why such meaningless overachievement? Why are they the way they are?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you got there 45 minutes early and are pizzed because

Feb 27, 2020, 3:25 PM

you are not first in line?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I got here 15 minutes early and I’m out on the %#^* road

Feb 27, 2020, 3:27 PM

Because there are people in the world whose lives are so empty that they consider sitting in their car for 45 minutes to be appealing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure you are at Gower***

Feb 28, 2020, 12:31 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sonny, I grew up in the rolling hills of Gower

Feb 28, 2020, 1:32 AM

This ain’t no gower.

Those are the grandparents

Feb 27, 2020, 3:26 PM

Who have nothing better to do

And the SAHM who just miss their kids so much.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing wrong with hanging out in front of the school all

Feb 27, 2020, 3:26 PM

day

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nothing wrong with hanging out in front of the school all

Feb 27, 2020, 8:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

45 minutes?

Feb 27, 2020, 3:27 PM

They're lined up earlier than that. I've had problems picking kids up for appointments an hour or more before school lets out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t get it man.

Feb 27, 2020, 3:29 PM

Kill me now if I get to the point where I can’t find something better to do with my time.

They get there that early b/c they don't want to have to sit

in a line for too long when school lets out DUH!

This could all be avoided if you'd just

send your kids to boarding school like all the other 1%ers.

Picking up kids at school, LOLUTZ.

Those were the kids that bought my lunch back in the day because they didn't learn to fight from riding the school bus.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Daughter of usually rides bus home.

Feb 27, 2020, 3:32 PM

Thought I’d pick her up because she has to be somewhere at 3. I’m thinking she might have made it home on the bus before I get to the front of this line

You can't take even a single day off in the fight game.***

Feb 27, 2020, 3:35 PM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Picking up kids at school, LOLUTZ.

Feb 28, 2020, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Picking up kids at school, LOLUTZ. ]

I didn't learn how to fight on the bus, but I saw my first used tampon, smoked my first cigarette, and saw my first female ######## on there.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I can't say "buttt hole"???***

Feb 28, 2020, 9:49 AM

They're in our line for a good hour plus before school

Feb 27, 2020, 3:45 PM

gets out at 2:00. And one of my biggest pet peeves are the fucking women who leave a car and a half length of space between them and the next car, oblivious of the line of cars that snakes out of the parking lot and a block down the neighborhood road.

I drop the kids from the car in the morning, but park to pick them up because two different schools, and I'm not sitting in one of those pickup lines, much less two of them. So I park, get kids from two different schools, and go back to car to find this:

See if you can guess what I did to blue car's passenger door.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

precious jr can't wait for mommy

Feb 27, 2020, 3:50 PM

I used to time it as perfect as I could. I knew when the end of the line was and would try to roll in there last. Sometimes I'd miss by a few minutes and have to get them from after school. Sometimes I would forget them all together and roll in a hour late. If I went to early I'd find someplace to park and walk and get them. I tried to do that once a week or so just to talk to the teacher and make sure nothing was up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get there anywhere from 15-20 early

Feb 27, 2020, 3:51 PM

Usually first or second

I rock out to some phish and send work emails.

It’s about the only time of day where I don’t have someone asking me for something

I actually enjoy it, but I also like going to the grocery store, so maybe I’m weird

Lolutz

Feb 27, 2020, 4:01 PM

I had to misery of the car lineup at Pelham Elementary this past spring. We experienced the same thing. My kids are used to either walking home or having me pick them up from after care. I don't understand the lineup nonsense.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pelham Rd. in da house!!! Seems like they have made that

Feb 27, 2020, 4:15 PM

little carpool road about 10 miles longer than it used to be, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We live <5 min walk from main school entrance

Feb 27, 2020, 4:33 PM

Time it to arrive after they already opened doors. It's impossible to find a parking spot nearby if it's raining.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We live <5 min walk from main school entrance

Feb 27, 2020, 9:34 PM

Yes! My kids’ elementary school is in our neighborhood. Walk him across the street and back. Call it a day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So true. Recently I agreed to pick up my GF's grandkid and

Feb 27, 2020, 9:29 PM

take him to a dentist appt. It was for 1:30 and I got there about 1:10. There were already 2 or 3 cars in line. I asked the lady at the front desk... do people always start getting in line almost 1.5 hrs early? She laughed and said yes, they just sit in the car and read or play on their cell phones...

I'm guessing stay-at-home moms or retired grandparents.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: Who are these AH parents who start lining up at school

Feb 27, 2020, 9:31 PM

Karen.

My sister is a 100% Karen and does this and there is a reason we haven’t spoke in over 2 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They line up about an hour, maybe more at my kids school.

Feb 28, 2020, 9:43 AM

Being right across the street, I wait until there is no longer a line of cars before I grab mine. Usually about 45 minutes after school gets out. I'll just sit on the porch and drink beer or work in the yard.

SarahAdidas will drive over there like 2 hours early, park the car in the first spot, then walk back home... just to spite the go-getter moms.

These are biitches that should be home cleaning house and cooking for their families, but they'd rather sit in their car and facebook for hours on end. THIS is the biggest problem in America. I'd love to see some cell phone signal scramblers be erected in this line. It would crack me up. I bet you'd see the line get wayyy shorter. I may have to do this project on my own as an experiment.

How the hail do you know they are lining up 45 min early?

Feb 28, 2020, 10:05 AM

I use to do it in my beat up 67 GMC work truck so my middle daughters wouldn't get the big head about being all that after mama picking them up in the Benz.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alright, I have been THAT mom... lemme paint you the picture

Feb 28, 2020, 10:29 AM

Daughter had gymnastics at 4:00 pm sharp, had to get changed before. School gets out at 3:30, but if I gotta wait in line there's no way we are on time. So i'm forced to get there early to be first so we can get a snack and change before gym so there's no whining about being hungry.

Also, baby/toddler would prefer to take a nap right in the middle of school pick up time. So I can let him sleep for like 30 min and wake him at 2:45 to go to pick up his sister and listen to crying and have a heavy kid whining and clinging to me at the gym for an hour or I can let him fall asleep in the car and sit in the parking lot in front of school and enjoy peace and quiet for 45 minutes and then junior can sleep in the parking lot of the gym. Everyone is happy, life is good.

Of course my kids are older now and I pay someone to pick them up from school (they are different schools this year until son starts K) and take them to activities and if I'm the one to pick up daughter can just sit on the bench and talk to her friends and wait.

You guys underestimate the value of keeping the peace.

I'm gonna be honest here.

Feb 28, 2020, 12:18 PM

I probably knew you were THAT mom before I even wrote the post.

I pretty much knew that you knew... don't be hatin on the

Feb 28, 2020, 1:30 PM

efficient moms.

Can we talk about the Dads who have to get out of the car to let junior out of the left side of the minivan? LIke why can't you let them out of the right side like everyone else in the world?

Or the people who get out in the car line to strap their kids in the carseat. That's what the park and walk up line is for, people. If you gotta get out of the car you're not drive thru material.

Those people should probably die in a fire.***

Feb 28, 2020, 2:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

new age heliparenting

Feb 28, 2020, 10:53 AM

Someone has to wait.

Get there early, mom waits and princess gets into the car straight away.

Get there on time, princess has to wait because mom in line.

DON'T WANT MY PRINCESS TO WAIT 10 MIN SO I'LL KILL AN EXTRA HOUR.

Ok, moving on to another related gripe:
Parents dropping kid off at school won't get the poor child out of the car and make her walk like 8 car lengths. NO WAY. So, they wait until they are DIRECTLY in front of the school door (or mebbe like ONE car length away) for drop off.

Makes a drop off line move frustratingly slowly.

TRDJ? First time the car stops on school property, GET OUT! Enjoy the 100 yard walk. #### good for ya!

Oh man, that's the wurst. And God help you if it's raining.

Feb 28, 2020, 12:23 PM

Ain't nobody dropping little Colton or Ashlei off unless it's right under the covered part of the sidewalk.

On the flip side, I was verbally eviscerating a parent the other morning (windows up, to myself, passive aggressive format) for stopping right in front of the door and taking forever to get out, and then finally out pops the student with Downs who gave his a big hug before walking in. I'm not Catholic but I did a couple quick Hail Mary's anyway to take a little sting off that one when I hit the pearly gates and have to answer for that one.

*his mom****

Feb 28, 2020, 12:26 PM

OOF

Feb 28, 2020, 2:13 PM

I make fun of pretty much everything/everybody, but little kids with Downs are truly gifts from God. Glad my kids are not disabled, but I have always had a soft spot for these kids.

When in elementary school, my neighbor had Downs syndrome and I used to stick up for her and buddied up with her. Probably one of the only good things I've ever done.

Yeah, but if they pulled that stunt at a boat ramp I bet

Feb 28, 2020, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Oh man, that's the wurst. And God help you if it's raining. ]

you'd still want to fight them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"mY cHiLd HaS pOliO hOw DaRe YoU qUeStIoN mEEEEEE!!!!"***

Feb 28, 2020, 1:09 PM [ in reply to new age heliparenting ]

Replies: 37
| visibility 990
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic