Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: IPTAY announces record-setting donations for 2014-15
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

FB Update: IPTAY announces record-setting donations for 2014-15

Aug 17, 2015, 3:48 PM

IPTAY announces record-setting donations for 2014-15

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: IPTAY announces record-setting donations for 2014-15

Aug 17, 2015, 4:05 PM

Anyone still worried about revenue? Sure the tax returns don't look quite as good when IPTAY operates outside of the AD budget, but behind the scenes they are helping us compete with any program in the nation.

null

That's awesome..

Aug 17, 2015, 4:10 PM

Curious to see how we do next year though considering we won't have any big name home games.. Next year we get Troy, SCSt, L'ville, Pit, NCSt, 'Cuse, and USuCk. Thats a pretty lackluster slate, especially with Yardbirds going down the toilet. If we have a really good year this year, like we should, donation/renewal rates will be strong again, but they were through the roof this with ND and FSU coming to town. Good again in '17 tho Aub, FSU, and GT at home.

Re: That's awesome..

Aug 17, 2015, 4:12 PM

Who would have ever thought we would have Louisville, Pitt and Cuse all visiting. Much less in the same season.

null

No kidding..

Aug 17, 2015, 4:18 PM

Times have certainly changed with that home lineup...

Clemson's turnout seems to be as much about the...

Aug 17, 2015, 4:16 PM [ in reply to That's awesome.. ]

expectation of fans as it is who and where we play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but you can't disagree

Aug 17, 2015, 4:21 PM

that home games vs ND and FSU were huge in the 3 million boost in IPTAY revenue. That and high expectations. We know IPTAY will still generate a lot of money next year, but I bet there will be a dropoff in next year's donations by a small margin. And then a boost again in '17.

Will 12 of you goobers please join IPTAY?

Aug 17, 2015, 4:30 PM

...to get us to an even 15,000.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Will 12 of you goobers please join IPTAY?

Aug 17, 2015, 4:32 PM

Tried to sign up twice but they said double points were not allowed.

null

^^^^#nottryinghardenough ^^^^***

Aug 17, 2015, 6:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

same that we only have 15,000

Aug 17, 2015, 5:02 PM

people that think enough of Clemson to give. You can get in at the low level for just over a 100 a year.

I think a lot of people pool their donations.***

Aug 17, 2015, 5:41 PM

Yes. It's easier for 8 people to get seats together when

Aug 17, 2015, 5:47 PM

you pool your money.

Those 8 can put the money together and enjoy Fike or McFadden level benefits, as opposed to Tiger level otherwise.

I'm actually surprised that most people don't do this, the only real downside is parking; but the Fike spots are way better than the Tiger spots even if you have to park another vehicle elsewhere.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Who are the three IPTAY Cornerstone Partners?

Aug 17, 2015, 9:44 PM

"The organization also announced three Cornerstone Partners whose gifts exceeded a combined $17.5 million."

After some searching I could find two announcements of Cornerstone Partners, Betty Poe and the Hendrix family. Both gave $2.5 million, so that's $5 million. That implies a third "Cornerstone Partner" gave $12.5 million. Anyone know who that would be?

Kind of odd that they say the organization "announced" three Cornerstone Partners but did not announce who they are, at least not that I could find.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I asked them not to publicize my name.

Aug 17, 2015, 10:30 PM

oops.

In other news, ND tickets are $85 face this year

Aug 18, 2015, 8:11 AM

And FSU $80. (or maybe it's the other way around, I don't remember.) And bottled water is still $4 and a souvenir drink, which was $2 not too many years ago, is now $6. So keep raking in that cash, IPTAY.

Re: In other news, ND tickets are $85 face this year

Aug 18, 2015, 8:23 AM

simple supply and demand....

When you control the supply, you get to set your price.

While you may not like it, the prices probably should have been higher as we had record ticket sales.

Aug 18, 2015, 11:09 AM

For all the talk about "Clemson family", maybe they should start treating their fans more like family and less like customers to be fleeced.

Aug 18, 2015, 12:29 PM

Really??? Do you want first class facilities and first class winning teams? It cost money, period! Like it or not.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2015, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: In other news, ND tickets are $85 face this year ]

The family analogy is interesting... My guess is youre young.
In this analogy, do you want to be the grandfather that puts the $20 bills in all of the birthday cards? or do you just want to be the grandchild that just receives the $20 bills?

I love my family more than anything, but any time you lend people money, you just consider it gone. I know I want Clemson to make a ton of money!

You are guessing wrong

Aug 19, 2015, 10:42 PM

I don't have a problem supporting the program. I'm a long time IPTAY donor, a Clemson Fund donor, and a season ticket holder. What I do start to have a problem with is constantly being hit up for greater and greater amounts only to read that it's contributing to "record revenue".

Honestly I'm not all THAT up in arms about it. I just think it'd be nice not to have to pay more and more every year.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic