Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who are Junior fans pulling for this year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Who are Junior fans pulling for this year.

Jan 27, 2018, 12:23 PM

I have decided to go with Chris Buescher after much thought and debating. He is my age and both are Scorpios. He seems like a good guy just needs a good ride. I also like Larson and I want the Dillon brothers and Hendrick card to do well but I believe Buescher is going to be my guy. Gonna be weird not pulling for DJ.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who are Junior fans pulling for this year.

Jan 27, 2018, 12:23 PM

? Not .

Jan 27, 2018, 1:02 PM

Jr. Is just like the COOTS, Irrelevant.

Jan 27, 2018, 1:28 PM

Only a coot would compare Dale Jr to the coots.

Jan 27, 2018, 1:33 PM

Jr was a big fan of spurrier. Just sayin.

Jan 27, 2018, 1:38 PM

He is a coot himself but nothing like the football program except they both have not won a championship lol

Jan 27, 2018, 1:38 PM

Not a Junior fan, but I was a Carl fan and he bounced out. Which I rarely watch NASCAR anymore so I don’t pull for anybody. I guess I pull against the Busch brothers, Denny Hamlin, Jimmy Johnson. In that order. If somebody outside of that group wins I’m fine with it.

Jan 27, 2018, 1:48 PM

Oh yea, let me know when you wanna watch some real racing. My uncle leases cherokee speedway and runs it. When super late models come that’s what you need to go watch. 800+ hp on dirt. Them boys don’t play around. Some of them roll up in $200,000 haulers and have over $100,000 in a car. It’s ridiculous.

My cousin won the Winston East years ago

Jan 27, 2018, 2:32 PM

finished 2nd the only time he ran at Cherokee, had to run like 20 different tracks in the year. The race at Cherokee paid $10k to win and that was better than 15 years ago. BTW: I live at 88 Earnhardt Dr. 88 was a coincident the road was named after Daddy in the late 80's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: My cousin won the Winston East years ago

Jan 27, 2018, 2:47 PM

That’s cool. There was a good chance I was there since we raced there every Saturday night for years. The first time I raced was in my dads 4 cylinder mustang at cherokee almost 20 years ago. I was just a kid back then, didn’t even have my drivers license yet. Geez.

Jan 27, 2018, 3:54 PM

You know Dustin Morris or Kaleb Kuykendall?

Jan 27, 2018, 9:45 PM

I’ve seen Dustin race before but never met him.

Jan 28, 2018, 11:02 AM

He is a buddy of mine from high school. Crazy people like him use to beat the Dillon brothers.

Jan 28, 2018, 11:44 AM

I remember the Dillon kids driving crate late models at the Charlotte dirt track some years ago.

Jan 27, 2018, 5:38 PM [ in reply to My cousin won the Winston East years ago ]

You should be a Harry Gant fan!

Live about 5 miles from him

Jan 27, 2018, 9:41 PM

just ordinary people. Wouldn't know his house from any other except from the 5 car garage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jan 27, 2018, 2:13 PM

You might want to pick someone who will actually be near the front every now and then....

I liked Junior but wasn’t really a “fan” of his. I enjoy watching but don’t really pull for anybody but I do pull against Kyle Busch because he cries all the time.

Jan 27, 2018, 2:31 PM

Busch is a dang good driver tho. Buescher won the xfinity in 15 and has won a race already in monster. He is coming a long.

Jan 29, 2018, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Who are Junior fans pulling for this year. ]

"You might want to pick someone who will actually be near the front every now and then...." Dont have to be a fairweather fan who bandwagons front runners.

Or he can pull for who he wants and likes. I am mainly a Blaney fan but I also pull for Matt DiBenedetto due to his interaction with fans on other platforms. Do I think he will win a bunch of races? No but do I think he can run better than his equipment? Yes.

Message was edited by: Clemalum07®

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Jan 27, 2018, 2:28 PM

Sticking w/Hendrick Motorsports and going w/Chase Elliott. I, too, like Kyle Larson but will have an eye on Bowman in the 88. Didn’t do bad at all filling in for Jr. while he was out.

Jan 27, 2018, 2:39 PM

RcR cars, Hendrick cars and the number 43. I have always been a Petty and Earnhardt fans since I was a kid so I am not locked on one driver this year. I guess for me in order it will be the 3 car, the 43 car, and then the 24 just because Byron is a local boy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2018, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Who are Junior fans pulling for this year. ]

I have always had a fantasy racing league of tiger fans on Yahoo but this year they are not having one so if anyone has a league I would love to join and may have some friends that would be interested.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2018, 2:49 PM

Yes let me know if you find anything. I am in for sure. I will be hoping the 24 does well too.

Jan 27, 2018, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Who are Junior fans pulling for this year. ]

Yes I hope Bowman does well for sure. Gotta like Chase as well. I like most of the driver really but I made myself pick one over the others. I will be happy if Hendrick or rcr wins tho or Larson.

Jan 27, 2018, 3:27 PM

I was a huge nascar fan for years, watched every race... checked practice times, watched qualifying... but ever since Brian France took over... It has been transitioning from motorsport to gimmick. The championship system is a joke and now they even break the races up into stages to keep any one car from breaking away. It is so over engineered, it is terrible.
Been watching less and less and probably won't watch at all this year. TV ratings have been going down for years, now with Junior, Gordon, Stewart, Edwards etc. gone, you will see the real health (or lack thereof) this season.

Jan 27, 2018, 5:58 PM

I'm pulling for Chase. I would love to see a youngin' win the cup!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2018, 10:39 PM

I have been pulling for Chase since I was a fan of Jeff and he took over that car. However, this year i'm going to be conflicted. With Chase driving another car. So I guess I will be pulling for Chase and still pull for the #24! I'm a fan of Hendrick overall anyway.

Jan 28, 2018, 11:04 AM

I think Byron is gonna be a dang good one.

Jan 28, 2018, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Who are Junior fans pulling for this year. ]

I think the stages have made the race more exciting. Last year I remember in one race at the end of stage one somebody spun the leader Kyle Busch out trying to stay on the lead the lap. It gives drivers something to race for throughout the race.

Also I think they need to continue to make the cars as even as possible. Who wants to watch someone lap almost the entire field like Richard Petty used to do? The most exciting races are Daytona and Talladega where they all stay together. If every race was like that it would be great.

Jan 28, 2018, 9:16 AM

I would rather watch someone lap the field than the race be artificially changed to "add excitement"

Imagine if in the 4th quarter of the Fiesta Bowl last year, the refs said.. "Clemson leads 31-0.. but since no one wants to watch a 31-0 blowout in a CFP game.. we are going to award Ohio State 28 points and give them the ball.."

That is basically what NASCAR is doing. They had been doing it with phantom cautions anyway.. they basically just incorporated it in, but even in that they screwed up because the extra points you get for winning stages can make it where the winner of the race doesnt get the most points.. which was the real problem that began this whole circus back in 2003.

Instead of creating the chase then this awful playoff, had they just said "We want winning to mean more... lets give the winner of the race 25 more points." Then all this would have never happened and NASCAR would still be a growing sport instead of one in great decline.

Dont get me wrong, I love the drivers and what they do but NASCAR has made it where a lot of the season doesnt really matter... whereas you once had to keep it up every week.

Jan 29, 2018, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Who are Junior fans pulling for this year. ]

Stage Racing was a good change but I think that was more of a Monster Change than anything France did.

There is a lot of pressure from the drivers right now to push him out with them making public comments like this...

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/956242932805357568

Football Season to get here***

Jan 27, 2018, 6:56 PM

Jan 27, 2018, 7:04 PM

You went with " we're both Scorpios " ?

That's a bold move . Twin astrological association and age of comparison group . You're 3 wide heading into turn two .

Go Kyle Larson .

DB23

Jan 29, 2018, 12:53 PM

Well Junior thinks he is going to be good too. Yes that is what I went with tho. It is a reason to pull for him. I like Larson a lot tho

Sadly, 'neckcar is dead. Seriously.

Jan 27, 2018, 9:47 PM

Even my father, a NASCAR fan for 50+ years and who has come up here to go to Martinsville with us for the past 7 years or so, has declined to come for this year's spring race.

It's not the drivers - they're very good.

It's the length of the season and the sameness of the cars.

I'll tune in for Daytona, but NASCAR is on it's last legs barring drastic changes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sadly, 'neckcar is dead. Seriously.

Jan 28, 2018, 8:37 AM

They definitely should shorten the season. Ending it the week before football season would be ideal. That's about the time I lose interest.

Jan 27, 2018, 10:02 PM

Took me a minute to even figure out what this thread was about...nothing wrong with NASCAR, just don't hear people talk about it much anymore.

I am so confused. Who is Junior?!?

Jan 28, 2018, 12:42 AM

The only one I can think of is Junior Burroughs who played basketball at UVA in the 90s and then in the NBA. I’m sure that isn’t who you are talking about though.

I also don’t know why you are talking about Zodiac signs.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I am so confused. Who is Junior?!?

Jan 29, 2018, 12:55 PM

Trump says I can.

Jan 28, 2018, 8:26 AM

They could just continue pulling for JR. He has about the same chance of winning as he has the past five seasons. He will probably be racing tracks like dega and Daytona. The only tracks where he had a chance anyway.

Did he run into a wall too?***

Jan 29, 2018, 10:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2018, 10:39 AM

I pull for the following

Blaney - He is my primary driver dude is awesome. Wish he would have stayed at Wood Brothers though.
Chase - Due mainly to his dad. I grew up a Bill fan.
Bubba Wallace - Dude is pretty chill. Streams video games on twitch which I can relate to etc.
Matt DiBenedetto - Another guy who is very interactive on social media and cares about his fans.

Jan 29, 2018, 12:59 PM

I like all of those. Really hope Bubba has a good year.

Jan 29, 2018, 4:19 PM

The Fabulous Moola and Mr. Moto.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic