Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who am I supposed to vote for today?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 262

Who am I supposed to vote for today?

Jun 10, 2014, 9:54 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every one must vote against Lindsey Graham

Jun 10, 2014, 9:57 AM

Doesn't matter whose running against him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get to vote against Eric Cantor today.

Jun 10, 2014, 9:59 AM

Good times!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, can't replace a brat with a Brat....***

Jun 10, 2014, 10:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I don't know any of the other candidates. However,

Jun 10, 2014, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Every one must vote against Lindsey Graham ]

Bright seems to have more campaign signs posted, so I should probably vote for him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Every one must vote against Lindsey Graham

Jun 10, 2014, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Every one must vote against Lindsey Graham ]

ABSOLUTELY!! he has sucked-up to obama and the libs/demos !!
he voted for those 2 idiot women that obama put on the Sup Court that then voted for obamacare that was designed to RUIN THE USA!!U can not name anyone that I would not vote for against worthless lindsey!! harry and nancy @ least are not turncoats!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is who I like for State Superintendent of Ed.

Jun 10, 2014, 10:03 AM

http://www.mollyspearman.com/about_molly/

I don't like Lindsey because of all the war mongering for money thing, but the whackadoodles running against him are useless.

Nothing to vote for in the Lt Gov's race, because who cares?

What is an adjutant general?

I wonder what the results of this question will be:

Republican Question 2
Should South Carolina Law be amended to replace the state income tax imposed on individuals, estates, trusts, and others by
reducing the rate of taxation by 1.4 percent each year until the state income tax rate for all brackets is zero percent?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

she is not against common core. She is DEAD to me

Jun 10, 2014, 10:33 AM

she may be but it isnt on her website.

It should be in flashing lights on her top banner.

she should wear a stop common core Tshirt EVERYDAY of her campaign.

otherwise.

DEAD to me!

(for the NSA who may be reading this: Dead to me means I dont plan on voting for her)

Common core is already gone.

Jun 10, 2014, 10:44 AM

What is there to be against?

Standards are to be "re-written." I dont want someone who

Jun 10, 2014, 10:51 AM

believes in the same standards under a new name

Common Core Light is not an option.

Not that I disagree with you, but what standards would you

Jun 10, 2014, 10:53 AM

change, and how?

Currently only Math and English standards had been in SC

Jun 10, 2014, 11:04 AM

with the others being phased in over the next few years.

I would re implement the traditional math standards for teaching arithmetic to grade school children. Building principles of addition, subtraction multiplication and division at age appropriate levels.

If you have seen or tried to do second grade math under the common core standards, you would understand.

That is not logical in the least bit***

Jun 10, 2014, 11:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'ive got a 6yo that is moving into the 1st grade....

Jun 10, 2014, 11:31 AM

in kindergarten they started teaching with the "new" way. At first i didn't like it because it was different. However, after seeing it in action and understanding the "end game" a bit, I can see it has some advantages.

The goal is to be able to get kids to be able to do more math "in their head", without having to write it down. And the method works to that end pretty well. They are doing things in kindergarten that is impressive, including simple multiplication.

Depending on what one ends up doing for a career, being able to do math in your head can be invaluable.

That is a teaching methodology, not a standard,

Jun 10, 2014, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Currently only Math and English standards had been in SC ]

and will most likely not change measurably no matter who takes the office. I agree wholeheartedly that the way my 3rd and 1st grader are doing math is stupid and I teach them more efficient ways to accomplish the same thing, which they like better, but that is my kids. Others may feel differently on that.

Math should be taught using

Jun 10, 2014, 12:00 PM

fingers and toes.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

That is sexist.

Jun 10, 2014, 1:24 PM

Boys can count to 21.

I see what you did there.***

Jun 10, 2014, 2:12 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

You should vote the crazy lady that wants to rid our schools

Jun 10, 2014, 2:42 PM [ in reply to This is who I like for State Superintendent of Ed. ]

of anti-american and anti-christian views, because as she says, "schools aren't for indoctrination."

So just based on irony, she gets my vote.

Note:Also, I'd like to know what "anti-american" views are. Pretty sure "anti-christian" just means not teaching evolution.

Re: Who am I supposed to vote for today?

Jun 10, 2014, 10:07 AM

Vote for Lindsey Graham. There is absolutely no other candidate that has the ability to maintain military bases in our state and to get things done for veterans and really all of us. I served active duty in the Marines for 4 years and reserve for 26 years. I have seen what this man can and does get done for our state. I am sure the other candidates are good people, but they have no clout and no intellectual ability to fight for our state like Graham does. I would also encourage you to vote for Sally Atwater for Supt. of Education. She is a special needs teacher and has been for over 20 years. She will put the best interests of our children first.

I don't get all the hate on Graham, myself.

Jun 10, 2014, 10:39 AM

He's got my vote.

not hate. He just cannot act...

Jun 10, 2014, 10:53 AM

according to conviction because he is corrupted by power. It is unfortunate because by all accounts, he seems like a likeable guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

What are some examples of him acting by being corrupted....

Jun 10, 2014, 11:22 AM

by power and not by his convictions?

I'll give you a few...

Jun 10, 2014, 1:13 PM

1. Studnet loan certainty - propagating this bad lending practice.
2. Buyout of, well everything. Nuff said.
3. Continuing appropriations resolution. - kick it down the road baby!
4. Pushing for amnesty. Yes, with the jobs situation, inviting the flood gates to open is brilliant.

He has been extrememly weak when it comes to the President's siezing of power by fiat. He gets tons of money from insurance companies for his stance on flood insurance. The arms providers are huge supporters of kicking the can down the road and keeping the stock market from taking a huge hit. I could say much more but these alone are enough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Those are positions or lack of action that you disagree...

Jun 10, 2014, 1:22 PM

with.

They are not examples of how he's "sold out to power". There's a big difference.

And I'm not sure how you can hang #3 on him personally. The Senate leadship went for many years without bringing a budget to the floor. Best I can remember he railed on that pretty good, no?

And how has he been weak on the seizing of more executive power? What specifically would you like him to do that he hasn't done on that front?

Actually, they are...

Jun 10, 2014, 1:30 PM

How on God's green earth can SC benefit from the bailouts that occured? Bought and paid for. Saying that your vote wouldn't have mattered is a cop-out. Stand on your principles! He has always been opportunistic about railing on when the deal is done. He could have been the champion challenging Obama on refusing to provide documents, changing the ACA and delaying it without congressional action. Big insurance wanted the ACA in place so they could dump all of the non-money makers. LG has been taking from them for a long time.

Sorry, but disagree with Graham all you want, but if....

Jun 10, 2014, 1:40 PM

you don't think he's been out front in opposition to Obamacare AND the President's changing of it, then you're just not paying attention or only seeing what you want to see.

I don't agree with Graham on some things, but to say he hasn't done enough on Obamacare because he takes money from insurance companies is not an opinion I cannot respect.

And what specifically do you mean when you said "fusing to provide documents"?

Find the double negative.***

Jun 10, 2014, 1:50 PM

excuse me? That was at least a quadruple negative....

Jun 10, 2014, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Sorry, but disagree with Graham all you want, but if.... ]

come on!

I was typing fast but...

Jun 10, 2014, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Sorry, but disagree with Graham all you want, but if.... ]

I meant with respect to executive privilege witholding of fast and furious documents. Sure, LG spoke out about it but didn't DO anything about it. In my mind, he should have said "you are now on notice, Mr. President. You will not get anything through and I will beg the house not to raise the debt limit or pass a budget funding AFA...etc until those documents are released. We will also call for impeachment procedings with the charge that you ordered it personally and are hiding it with EP."

I have been looking for him to do certain things with every one of Obama's dastardly acts and have been continuously dissappointed.

Once again...you're disagreeing with but not proving....

Jun 10, 2014, 3:13 PM

he has somehow "sold-out" for "power" as you seemed to suggest previously.

But back to this post...do you think a single senator in the minority has the kind of power you think he ought to be wielding?

not extreme enough for some

Jun 10, 2014, 1:22 PM [ in reply to I don't get all the hate on Graham, myself. ]

People think if you ever work with the other side, it means you're not a conservative or something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is one of the most common...

Jun 10, 2014, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Who am I supposed to vote for today? ]

assumptions made and it is short sighted at best.

If I bring groceries to your house and then vadalize it, do you justify my existence as "he makes sure I get groceries"? You assume a true conservative senator would not support things that are good for SC. That is a bad assumption.

That is how he keeps getting elected. He can do whatever he wants as long as he can claim that he helped SC with some form of GVMNT $.

No. Lindsey Graham needs to go and we should not re-elect ANY senator more than once, ever! He no longer acts based on values but on voter impression. The average voter believes Benghazi is a 90 rock band. I don't blame Lindsey for becoming what he is. I cannot say it wouldn't happen to me but I would pray not.

You mean they aren't?

Jun 10, 2014, 12:02 PM

the rock band thingy

Re: Who am I supposed to vote for today?

Jun 10, 2014, 1:38 PM

anyone but lindsey!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 262
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic