Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who Starts at the 2: Roper or DeVoe?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

Who Starts at the 2: Roper or DeVoe?

Sep 30, 2015, 2:44 PM

I think Jordan Roper should start, being a solid senior and experienced starter, with Gabe DeVoe as the sixth-man. However, my gut feeling tells me that DeVoe (sophomore) will start. He averaged 34 points per game as a senior at Shelby HS, and showed some flashes of that last season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dood, it's Game Day week

Sep 30, 2015, 2:46 PM

And you're poasting about hoops? C'mon man!

Re: Dood, it's Game Day week

Sep 30, 2015, 2:48 PM

Yes I am. I am the editor of Clemball.com. If you were a real Tiger sports fan, you would know that they can do something special this season.

As soon as football is done

Sep 30, 2015, 2:50 PM

You will have my full attention.

Re: As soon as football is done

Sep 30, 2015, 2:51 PM

No thanks.

I meant our team

Sep 30, 2015, 2:52 PM

Not your weak ### site. You don't get to decide who roots for our team. You are not Brad Brownell.

Wait... are you Brad Brownell?

Re: I meant our team

Sep 30, 2015, 2:55 PM

Never said I did. Look, there's a reason why there are two separate sections for football and basketball. "Fans" like you are part of the basketball program's problem.

As this is my 4th bball poast of the week

Sep 30, 2015, 3:00 PM

It must be my last. Let me sign off by telling you that if every basketball fan who liked football more stopped liking basketball because "we're part of the problem", there would literally be no basketball fans. Based on how we've done historically, you're lucky we watch at all (I assume you are in fact Brad Brownell). So, you're welcome. Talk to you in December.

Re: As this is my 4th bball poast of the week

Sep 30, 2015, 3:06 PM

(*post, not poast)

Being historically mediocre, or however you'd like to put it, you do realize Clemson plays in the best basketball conference in the country, right (the ACC, maybe you didn't know that either)?

Just don't jump on the bandwagon when you can tell me I was right, like I'm sure you did when they beat Duke in 2014. Clemson put out one of the best players in the 2014 draft class in K.J, and also one of the better players of his position in Trevor Booker (2010). Devin Booker will be in the NBA soon. Jaron Blossomgame could even head to the league after this season.

Being in the ACC is not an excuse...

Sep 30, 2015, 3:14 PM

The coach before Brownell turned us into a perennial tournament team and we haven't been back since he left. Yes I know the 2010-11 team went but he's not getting credit for that because that was a team full of OP's players.

If you mean this Devin Booker............

Sep 30, 2015, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: As this is my 4th bball poast of the week ]

Then I agree, he is already in the NBA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devin_Booker

I'm a huge hoops fan, a word of advice

Sep 30, 2015, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: As this is my 4th bball poast of the week ]

Don't come to another site antagonizing potential readers because they have little interest in discussing a basketball season that is 45 days away when we play Notre Dame in football in 4 days.

Sweet. . I'm finally part of something. .

Sep 30, 2015, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I meant our team ]

I couldn't even get into the RAG

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

That wasn't you next to me in the RAG?

Sep 30, 2015, 3:05 PM

I done been lied to. And you have a scok. With big hands.

descripshun of rag and list of members

Sep 30, 2015, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Sweet. . I'm finally part of something. . ]

wood be helpful.

tia

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Oh boy

Sep 30, 2015, 3:12 PM

Crump ain't gonna like this. Although not even Crump is on the hoops bored this week. But in December he's gonna read this and be MAD!!!

you do realize he posted this on the basketball bored

Sep 30, 2015, 11:27 PM [ in reply to I meant our team ]

right?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: you do realize he posted this on the basketball bored

Sep 30, 2015, 11:41 PM

Then don't comment on it. Stay in the football section.

dood ... I was defending your poast***

Oct 1, 2015, 2:36 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

HAHAHA

Oct 1, 2015, 8:24 AM

This guys is a complete idiot!

Re: dood ... I was defending your poast***

Oct 1, 2015, 11:18 AM [ in reply to dood ... I was defending your poast*** ]

I replied to the wrong post, my bad. Thanks.

We all need to fowcus on football this week

Oct 1, 2015, 11:29 AM [ in reply to you do realize he posted this on the basketball bored ]

There shouldn't even be a basketball bored until after the SC game.

Re: We all need to fowcus on football this week

Oct 1, 2015, 1:18 PM

No one asked you to read the basketball section.

There's this basketball site I check out sometimes

Oct 1, 2015, 1:38 PM

I think it's a parity site. It's hilarious. clemball.com

So stupid. They post like once a month and it's basically a report about how great we are. You'd think we made the final four last year from reading it. That's where I go for my basketball knowledge. Not Tnet.

Re: There's this basketball site I check out sometimes

Oct 1, 2015, 2:24 PM

Check out the "About" page.

We just launched in August and will preview/recap every game, cover all general news, stats and recruiting.

That's awesome!!

Oct 1, 2015, 2:26 PM

I'm looking forward to that. You can do all that from your mom's basement?

Does Crump know you're advertising a rival's site on his bored? Not sure he would be pleased.

Re: That's awesome!!

Oct 1, 2015, 2:32 PM

I'm a donor to TigerNet. Check out the name of this topic, by the way.

Re: That's awesome!!

Oct 1, 2015, 2:34 PM [ in reply to That's awesome!! ]

You're a joke. If you're gonna just ignore the basketball program, that's fine. But stop posting on the basketball board. Simple.

I also would like to see an article on the Clemball website about Jordan Bruner. We need some good basketball recruiting info.

If you're covering recruiting

Oct 1, 2015, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: There's this basketball site I check out sometimes ]

Why nothing on the major in state recruiting target who could commit on his visit this weekend or shortly thereafter?

Re: If you're covering recruiting

Oct 1, 2015, 2:33 PM

Because it's not opinion-based (http://Clemball.com/recruiting).

Re: If you're covering recruiting

Oct 1, 2015, 2:35 PM

What if you did a BBall Recruiting blog, so then we could get some opinions on Bruner possibly committing?

dont be surprised...

Oct 1, 2015, 4:31 PM

By end of season if the starting backcourt is Holmes and Hudson at point. Hudson plays defense that Brad wants his PGs to play, and Holmes required shooting that you need at the 2.

Re: dont be surprised...

Oct 2, 2015, 2:59 PM

indeed, Hudson could be the 'x factor'

look forward to seeing him play

Re: dont be surprised...

Oct 2, 2015, 9:33 AM

How will Hudson compare to the "normal" freshman? Is it going to take him some time to get adjusted, or do you guys really think he'll get significant time from the get-go?

Thanks for starting your site. I look forward to reading it.

Oct 1, 2015, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: There's this basketball site I check out sometimes ]

I, too, am a big Clemson basketball fan and get tired of the fans who are so into football that they neglect basketball. They pride themselves on us being a "football school."

The team needs our support, but we can't force people to support basketball. These fans will wait until our team is winning to support them fully. That's their prerogative, even if they disagree.

To answer your question, I actually think Ajukwa starts at two guard and Roper will be first off the bench. This will give us good height with solid defense and good shooting. I still expect DeVoe to get some minutes though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Thanks for starting your site. I look forward to reading it.

Oct 1, 2015, 9:01 PM

I agree.

And as to your response, I just don't see Ajukwa ever being able to handle the ball well enough to play the 2 spot. Demarcus was a very poor ball handler, and that hurt our tempo last year. I think Ajukwa is solely a 3, but I could be wrong. I'm hoping it's a consistent and confident Gabe Devoe.

Lol***

Oct 1, 2015, 11:28 AM [ in reply to I meant our team ]

Re: As soon as football is done

Sep 30, 2015, 3:26 PM [ in reply to As soon as football is done ]

I'd honestly rather not have fans like you. Pull for all sports at all times, if you're gonna call yourself a fan.

TU, well said***

Sep 30, 2015, 3:27 PM

If football fans weren't allowed to

Sep 30, 2015, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: As soon as football is done ]

root for basketball after the season was over, there would be no Littlejohn. We're a football school. Be thankful "people like me" watch basketball after football is over. Otherwise there wouldn't be a program. Those are just the facts. You can stand on your soapbox all you want, but most CU basketball fans are only fans after football is over.

Re: If football fans weren't allowed to

Sep 30, 2015, 3:37 PM

No actually most "fans" are only fans when Duke or UNC comes to town. And even when we beat Duke, they don't even show up to the next games. And if you can't see a problem with this, there's no point in having this conversation.

Sep 30, 2015, 3:37 PM [ in reply to If football fans weren't allowed to ]

No actually most "fans" are only fans when Duke or UNC comes to town. And even when we beat Duke, they don't even show up to the next games. And if you can't see a problem with this, there's no point in having this conversation.

Sep 30, 2015, 3:37 PM

My bad on the double post.

So you'd rather have the stands empty for Duke and UNC?

Sep 30, 2015, 3:41 PM

Because those are your options. Football will always come first.

Re: So you'd rather have the stands empty for Duke and UNC?

Sep 30, 2015, 3:49 PM

I never said you weren't allowed to do anything. In fact, I really wish you'd pull for the basketball team. I'd just rather not have a fan who sticks their chest out about being such a great football fan, but then can't pay any attention to the basketball program at all. Football plays a game for roughly 3 hours out of 120 each week. But you can't pay attention to basketball until December? Lol ok.

Special like not make the NIT?***

Sep 30, 2015, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Dood, it's Game Day week ]

Re: Special like not make the NIT?***

Sep 30, 2015, 3:15 PM

Maybe if you actually kept up with the team outside of the season, you could answer that question yourself.

I'm a fan of Clemson Basketball

Sep 30, 2015, 3:18 PM

but if you think we are headed in the right direction under Brownell, you and I are seeing two very different products.

Re: I'm a fan of Clemson Basketball

Sep 30, 2015, 3:21 PM

Brownell has this season and/or next to do something (at least one NCAA bid), if he doesn't, he'll likely be gone.

Sep 30, 2015, 3:23 PM

You are right he has this season to do something. There is no way our AD wants to open the new Littlejohn without some buzz. Be it a team that made a postseason run or a new coach.

Sep 30, 2015, 3:32 PM

I'd love to hear a description of how you think this program doesn't have any potential under Brownell. Makes no sense to me.

Anyways, I'm thankful for the basketball post, as well. I'd like it to be Devoe, if he has taken strides this summer to be more consistent. I think he offers wayyyyyyy more than Roper could ever offer on both ends of the floor, and I'd love to see Devoe provide a scoring punch to what we can already expect from Blossomgame, an improved and more experienced Donte Grantham, Nnoko inside, and new PG Avry Holmes pushing the pace. Once again, how does someone not see potential there? We'll see what happens.

Can't wait for basketball season, and the chance to enjoy it JUST AS MUCH as football.

Sep 30, 2015, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Special like not make the NIT?*** ]

Wow you know how to bring people together.
You are trying to arise awareness of basketball by chewing everybody's heads off.

This is non-essential I'm going to turn to 105.5.

Sep 30, 2015, 3:35 PM

He shouldn't have to "bring awareness" to a program with potential and improving players, but that's Clemson basketball fans for ya.

I really hope the players never read this board. These are Clemson guys. Students and eventually graduates of the same school most of the people on this board went to. Yet, all they can do is trash them.

I really hope they don't read this board, but they can look up in the stands, see no one there, and probably just assume what people think. It's awful.

Littlejohn was packed when we were winning......

Sep 30, 2015, 3:46 PM

It was also voted the 2nd toughest place to play in the nation by EA sports.

People want to see winners, not a team that struggles to put the ball in the hoop, yet alone win games.

Re: Littlejohn was packed when we were winning......

Sep 30, 2015, 3:50 PM

Then what were we doing 2 season ago? Most exciting basketball player in Clemson history. If we had halfway decent attendance that season, we make the Big Dance.

You can argue that all you want, but you weren't in the stands like I was for ACC games with about 5,000 people in attendance. Tops. And yes, we were winning and squarely on the bubble.

Style of play

Sep 30, 2015, 4:42 PM

Brownell's style is boring
OP's style was exciting

Also, we were never really near the bubble that year. We probably should have made the tournament after seeing what we did in the NIT, but hindsight is 20/20.

Re: Style of play

Sep 30, 2015, 5:12 PM

Rod Hall got SCREWED on that no-call in the final seconds against Duke in the ACC Tournament.

Re: Style of play

Oct 1, 2015, 1:14 AM [ in reply to Style of play ]
image.jpg(84.7 K)

How were we never on the bubble when we were 1 win away from making the tournament? What in the world are you talking about?

We were "On the Bubble" as on it gets, and having more than 5,000 people in ACC games would've been nice. The attendance was awesome in the NIT, but they could've came during the year and we might have ended up in the tournament.

Regardless, hopefully some people will turn out in Greenville this year.

Thanks for the basketball post. Some 'fans' get upset

Sep 30, 2015, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Special like not make the NIT?*** ]

if there isn't a mention of gamecocks in every post. I see Roper as the guy at the 2 spot but we really don't know bow the others have improved. Can't wait for roundball to begin.

Re: Thanks for the basketball post. Some 'fans' get upset

Sep 30, 2015, 3:20 PM

I can tell, thank you.

Special?

Sep 30, 2015, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Dood, it's Game Day week ]

Let's start with making the NIT.

Or the CBI?***

Sep 30, 2015, 3:26 PM

Roper

Sep 30, 2015, 3:15 PM

Gabe showed some flashes of scoring skill toward the end of the season... but i still wonder about him on D

i'll be shocked if the staring 5 isn't: Holmes, Roper, Grantham, Blossomgame, Nnoko

i think Ajukwa will be the first guard sub and Josh Smith first big guy off the bench

couple of question marks are possible contributions from Legend Robertin and Ty Hudson?

Re: Roper

Sep 30, 2015, 3:57 PM

No offense to tarheeledtiger intended at all...

But it's funny as heII to have scrolled through this entire thread and the first serious response to the OP's basketball topic is by someone with Tarheel in their handle

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Roper

Sep 30, 2015, 7:19 PM

thanks for having a sense of humor about it :)

Re: Who Starts at the 2: Roper or DeVoe?

Sep 30, 2015, 3:53 PM

Over/Under 14 minute scoring drought after one of our players calls the fans the worst in the ACC? I'm hoping under, but last year proved it is possible to not score for 14:23.

For the original post, Roper starts. DeVoe can't create his own shot yet. I wasn't that impressed with him. Hopefully he lost his pudge and is in playing shape this year. I haven't seen enough of his shot dropping to buy into him yet.

I'm a nice guy so I'll answer.....

Sep 30, 2015, 11:15 PM

Roper.....

Don't think Devoe is ready to start yet....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, i love some Clemson hoops, but you've already turned me away

Oct 1, 2015, 12:15 AM

from your site. Work on your people skills.. right now you are a divider, not an inspiring fan bringing people together. I assume that is your goal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jake

Oct 1, 2015, 11:23 AM

I think the year after next in the new renovated LJ will be awesome with the group of players we will have together. As long as Blossomgame doesn't leave for any reason after this next season, I see us being the real deal. That team will be pretty stacked and better than anything we've had in years. Any chance Blossomgame transfers for his last year or even bolts for pro ball? I hope not.

Re: Jake

Oct 1, 2015, 1:24 PM

I think so, especially if he boosts his numbers from last season (13.1 ppg/8.2 rbg). However, if the team has a chance to be really good in 2016-17, I could maybe see him staying, with renovated LCJ being a factor. So we'll see.

Wish K.J. would've done that, but his mom really wanted him to go to the NBA. Whether he wanted to go more than his mom did, I'm not sure. All I know is that Clemson could've been a phenomenal tournament team with K.J. and everyone else returning last season.

Re: Who Starts at the 2: Roper or DeVoe?

Oct 2, 2015, 10:04 AM

Shocking the usual suspects are in this thread ######## on everything Coach Brownell.

null

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic