Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who’s Seat Hotter? Taggart or Muschamp?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Who’s Seat Hotter? Taggart or Muschamp?

Sep 6, 2019, 12:06 AM

This is going to be an interesting season!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

idk about Taggart but I don't think Chump's going anywhere

Sep 6, 2019, 12:11 AM

Pretty clearly Taggart. One school is accustomed

Sep 6, 2019, 12:13 AM

to winning a lot of games and the other is accustomed to losing. Taggart coaches at the former.

Re: Who’s Seat Hotter? Taggart or Muschamp?

Sep 6, 2019, 12:20 AM

Gotta be Taggart , right ? I mean the expectations at FSU are to compete for conference and national championships .
At USuC ... well , they're a little more negotiable shall we say .
I think if Willie Taggart misses a bowl game again this year he may get the axe . Big time programs do not tolerate being awful for very long .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 6, 2019, 6:37 AM

No doubt, FSU has enough talent to win 8 games easy, and the first game vs BSU proved they are not being coached to any decent standard. Especially after hearing a player reveal a lack of conditioning.

Sep 6, 2019, 1:09 AM

Don't forget about Pruitt at Tennessee. His seat has to be hot.

Sep 6, 2019, 1:14 AM

U5Cjr can’t afford to fire Muschamp their athletic department is $225,000,000.00 in debt. I’d say Jeremy Pruitt @ Tennessee has the hottest seat in college football. I would hope FSU would show some restraint.

can't be right they get all that extra SEC money

Sep 6, 2019, 6:56 AM

and pay their coaches half what we do

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 1:24 AM

I don't know how true it is bc I don't have any links or facts but, I heard that Mustcan't buyout was really big, and they, the AD or BOT's would keep him on until buyout had time to drop down. How much time would that be, I don't have a clue, but that is what a Usuc student was telling me in Walmart last Saturday!!!

PS/ I guess I should have read the upper post bc, I see that the buyout was being mentioned by T3Tiger.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 2:11 AM

Taggart, not even close.

Sep 6, 2019, 3:34 AM

I think Muschamp. Taggart is only one game into his second season at FSU. Even FSU fans can't expect a coach to turn around a miserable program in barely over one season.

Sep 6, 2019, 4:19 AM

Taggart, because He lost A game He wasn't supposed
to lose (Boise) and has recruted miserably by F.S.U.
standards. He definitely needs to beat the Giant
Water Lizards !

Sep 6, 2019, 6:44 AM

Who has the easier buyout?

Sep 6, 2019, 6:52 AM

Taggart!! Because Florida State expects to be relavent. The Coots don't.

Sep 6, 2019, 7:01 AM

Ray Tanner!

Message was edited by: TattedCop®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Sep 6, 2019, 7:02 AM

I'd have to say Taggart.
The coots just can't compete for the level of talent to face the competition they play year in and year out. They have no track record.
FSU is expected to compete, but Taggart already walked into a mess left by Jimbo, and then to say he wasn't prepared for Boise State probably didn't sit well with anyone associated with FSU.
Of course, Pruitt (Tennessee) makes an interesting trio.

Sep 6, 2019, 7:41 AM

A coach that is gone: Fuente - which I think is a shame as this is more of an institution issue more than a coaching issue.

Neither - my guess/ Taggert will get another year if his team shows any life... maybe two. uOF5c is stuck with muscoot... unless muscoot does well and decides to jump.

Pruitt and/or Doeren.

UT will not stand for a 1-11 season which might be on the table now. I do not see Pruitt lasting if that is the case. I see two *stable* coaches they might go after.

Doeren - NC State tend to get restless after 6-7 seasons and both O'Brien and Amato has similar/better records than Doeren and got the slip. So if Doeren goes 6-6, expect a change... if he goes 9-3 expect him to take the UT money this time around.

Muscoot might be a UT coach...

Sep 6, 2019, 7:50 AM

Taggart because the FSU program has been very successful in the past, Cooterville State not so much.

If your school has one conference championships in 125 years of playing football how much pressure could exist? It is proven that your chances of winning the conference is less > 1.0%

Who Cares They Both Suck***

Sep 6, 2019, 8:04 AM

Sep 6, 2019, 8:26 AM

Jeremy Pruitt.

Sep 6, 2019, 8:46 AM

I will go with Taggart simply because there are probably other coaches who would actually take the job at FSU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 8:50 AM

Taggart. Coots can't afford the $22M to fire Muscoot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Not sure uof5c can afford CussChamp's buyout...

Sep 6, 2019, 9:15 AM

All of their "$EC money" notwithstanding, their athletic department has been in financial distress for several years. While the Capons are generating more revenue than ever, thanks largely to skyrocketing television contracts, they are also losing more money than ever by choosing to outspend their income in order to compete in an arms race (salaries and facilities) that is costing millions of dollars.

Barring something totally unforeseen, everyone with half-a-brain pretty much universally acknowledges that Bama, Georgia, Florida, A&M and Clemson are all losses for them but if Boom thinks his seat is hot now, just wait until they lose another one (or two) they shouldn't (App State, Kentucky, Missouri, Tennessee or Vandy), which is absolutely going to happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Neither

Sep 6, 2019, 9:23 AM

Neither school can afford their buyout after this season. Plus, FSU can’t afford the optics of firing their first black coach after 2 seasons (think Willingham at ND) especially after the propaganda piece they put out over the summer where the athletic department essentially put all the blame on Jimbo for the state of the program.

It’s going to tank both schools’ recruiting I believe because it’s a when not if that both coaches are fired (likely after next season) and it will be very difficult to recruit into that much uncertainty.

Re: Neither

Sep 6, 2019, 9:31 AM

It isn't just that. FSU's internal issues being so publicly aired and invasive, if they fire Willy, EVERY decent coach would look at FSU and the new Tennessee. Unrealistic expectations and no support. They have to give Willy time otherwise they will be unable to attract any other decent coach because why would the good coaches risk any reputation only to be fired 2 year in. Then, the only coaches you can attract are the unprovens (big gamble) or the Petrino types. I actually think that FSU is looking towards our program and realizing the value of a cleaner program... and even FSU was relatively cleaner compared to other florida schools under bowden.

If willy can clean out the Jimbo rot, get them back to 8-4 or 9-3 in year 3 or 4 and them plateau, then FSU becomes real attractive place to bring in a hot coach.

FSU talent compared to what is there headed for a cliff after this year

Sep 6, 2019, 9:41 AM

Agree with most of your points but at this point it looks like a big leap to get them to 9-3. Wilson, Akers, Terry all probably leaving after this year and they haven’t recruited nearly as well as they used to especially in the trenches. That defense is a mess and it seems to be a decent mix of coaching and personnel. Briles has put together 1 quarter of good offense and 14 of those points were pretty glaring Boise missed tackles.

Re: FSU talent compared to what is there headed for a cliff after this year

Sep 6, 2019, 10:34 AM

Yeah, 9-3 would be a huge leap, but not outside FSU's realm. Looking at the other ACC teams, a mediocre team can go 9-3 (looking at you NC State) and I think that is within Willie's reach. Might be tough with some of FSU's scheduling but WVU could be fairly bad next year rebuilding and then it is just winning the "easy" games. I would not be surprised if FSU finds a way to make a Mark Richt Miami-like run until they hit competition. A "ok" fsu level defense with a brile offense could be a 9 win team... could being the important word.

Taggart. The Coots knew Muschamp was their eighth

Sep 6, 2019, 9:27 AM

choice. The Criminoles actually thought they had gotten the right man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not even close! Taggart!

Sep 6, 2019, 9:39 AM

Muschamp’s buyout is to high! They’ll let him coach this year and next for sure.

Probably Taggart since Muschamp has a ridiculous buyout

Sep 6, 2019, 9:46 AM

Jimbo left that program in a mess. Academically, they were at the bottom (not exaggerating), on the field they were 5-6 his last year. There were cultural issues, etc, etc.

I am anxious to see what Taggart does for the rest of the season. They looked pretty good the first half of the Boise game. They tired in the second half with 100+ field level temps coupled with defending 106 plays. (See LSU, Peach Bowl.) If Taggart continues to progress, even gradual improvement in all of the areas, we might see him again next season.

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Article/FSU-football-APR-score-Jimbo-Fisher-fallout-Willie-Taggart-131902057/

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Neither are probably going to be fired this year.

Sep 6, 2019, 9:51 AM

fsu expects more than the coots but this is just Taggert’s second season so I think muscoot’s sear is hotter but again I don’t think that sc can afford his buyout.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 11:53 AM

I believe Taggart will get one more season only because of the dumpster fire that Jimbo left. One can debate how bad of a situation existed during Jimbo's last yer but the proof is in last year's record. From what I have read the culture in the locker room was terrible. No amount of coaching can turn that around in one season. If there is no discernable change in the on-field product I believe he will be gone before the end of next season.

Muschamp will be there until one of two things happen. One, Tanner is fired. That is not an if but when. Two, the BOT listens to the fan base and puts pressure on Tanner (or a new AD) to make a change. Muschamp is an average coordinator but a terrible head caoch, at least at the FBS level.

Sep 6, 2019, 12:24 PM

Great comments by all. But here's the real thing we should care about......

We want those two to stay coaches at those programs as long as possible. It's a pleasure to see them fumble around and drive their fan bases to despair.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic