Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dr. Oz just presented scientific evidence that the malaria
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 73
| visibility 1

Dr. Oz just presented scientific evidence that the malaria

Apr 2, 2020, 7:49 AM

drug works. Time to stop messing around and get this thing going. Apparently, no Lupus patients are getting Covid. It is very possible the malaria drug could be preventive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dr. Oz just presented scientific evidence that the malaria

Apr 2, 2020, 7:53 AM

How many people with Lupus have been exposed to the virus? Is that even possible to know?

He cited a place that had 90 patients with Lupus and none

Apr 2, 2020, 8:22 AM

of them had Covid. Another study had 60 patients I think. Half got regular treatment and half got malaria treatment. 50 percent of regular treatment got over fever in 3 days and 80 percent of malaria treatment got over fever in 2 days....they are starting a study in New York now.

Apr 2, 2020, 7:54 AM

SUpposedly it was a discovery like that for aspirin helping prevent heart attacks. They discovered fewer attacks among arthritis sufferers who used aspirin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same thing with ######. Just sayin'.........***

Apr 3, 2020, 7:06 AM

Apr 2, 2020, 7:55 AM

I trust Gupta before Oz. When Gupta says it I'll believe it. He is the ONLY CNN talking head I trust.

Yet two govenors have now banned it from being prescribed

despite the FDA giving full approval for distribution.

Their reasoning is extremely sketchy and appears to be political.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Yet two govenors have now banned it from being prescribed

Apr 2, 2020, 7:58 AM

PRETTY SURE BOTH ARE DEMS. I KNOW IT JUST HAS TO BE A COINCIDENCE THAT EVERY HOT SPOT IN AMERICA IS RUN BY DEMS. THE ONLY THING THEY WERE PREPARED FOR WAS KILLING BABIES AND LETTING IN ILLEGALS. MOST EVEY HOTSPOT WAS RUN VERY POORLY WAY BEFORE THIS BUG HIT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw one report that said New York city ALONE had over

Apr 2, 2020, 8:24 AM

100,000 abortions in 2018. THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A MINUTE.

How many miscarriages from smoking?

Apr 2, 2020, 10:14 AM

It's way more than 100,000

Link?

Apr 2, 2020, 11:32 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

How many miscarriages from Hot Tubs?

Apr 2, 2020, 9:57 PM [ in reply to I saw one report that said New York city ALONE had over ]

gotta be way more than 100,000

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2020, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Yet two govenors have now banned it from being prescribed ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3AO8hUwQpE

Apr 2, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Yet two govenors have now banned it from being prescribed ]

deroberts said:

PRETTY SURE BOTH ARE DEMS. I KNOW IT JUST HAS TO BE A COINCIDENCE THAT EVERY HOT SPOT IN AMERICA IS RUN BY DEMS. THE ONLY THING THEY WERE PREPARED FOR WAS KILLING BABIES AND LETTING IN ILLEGALS. MOST EVEY HOTSPOT WAS RUN VERY POORLY WAY BEFORE THIS BUG HIT.

^^^^^ POTD!

Of course it's political. 50% of this WHOLE thing is.***

Apr 2, 2020, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Yet two govenors have now banned it from being prescribed ]

Bad rumors

Apr 2, 2020, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Yet two govenors have now banned it from being prescribed ]

Well... Michigan's Governor may be changing her mind...

Apr 2, 2020, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Yet two govenors have now banned it from being prescribed ]

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/michigan-governor-flips-on-experimental-coronavirus-treatments-and-asks-trump-for-drugs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was referring to NY and Nevada***

Apr 2, 2020, 12:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

I wonder how Dr Oz got the jump on the world's leading

researchers, and even the folks who stand to make billions manufacturing the drugs?

Nobel Prize time!

Here's an article from the NY Post (surprised you haven't

Apr 2, 2020, 8:07 AM

seen this yet). The Oz man just regurgitating info, similar to all on this board.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/antimalaria-drug-speeds-up-recovery-of-coronavirus-patients-study/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder how Dr Oz got the jump on the world's leading

Apr 2, 2020, 8:07 AM [ in reply to I wonder how Dr Oz got the jump on the world's leading ]

Due to his prior experience as a wizard I guess

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2020, 10:38 AM [ in reply to I wonder how Dr Oz got the jump on the world's leading ]

Dr. Oz has a PhD in underwater basket weaving.
He Knows! He Knows!

Apr 3, 2020, 7:21 AM

Dr. OZ is a cardiologist by trade.

In 1982, he received his undergraduate degree in biology at Harvard University. He played safety on Harvard's football team and won an intramural college championship playing water polo. In 1986, he obtained MD and MBA degrees, respectively, at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Penn's Wharton School. He was awarded the Captain's Athletic Award for leadership in college and was class president and then student body president during medical school.

Oz has been a professor at the Department of Surgery at Columbia University since 2001. He directs the Cardiovascular Institute and Complementary Medicine Program at New York-Presbyterian Hospital. His research interests include heart valve replacement surgery, minimally invasive cardiac surgery, and health care policy.

Apr 2, 2020, 11:54 PM [ in reply to I wonder how Dr Oz got the jump on the world's leading ]

Wow, Dr Oz is the only medical doctor or researcher holding his point of view? Weird.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2020, 8:16 AM

At the least we won’t get malaria, right?

Go Tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2020, 8:17 AM

Just wondering if the people who are dying are not getting the drug or are too far along in disease progression?Don’t missunderstand my question.I want it to work as we all do.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From what I understand, the EARLIER you get it the better.

Apr 2, 2020, 8:26 AM

If someone in my family gets it, I am going to raise hell to get it for them.

By the way, my wife, Mrs. Spud is working in a lab that will

Apr 2, 2020, 8:27 AM

test for it. I would appreciate all the prayers we can get for her and the other lab people that work with her.

Thanks in advance!

Spud

Apr 2, 2020, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Dr. Oz just presented scientific evidence that the malaria ]

I get the idea the virus impacts different patients in different ways. Some are barely sick and some go downhill fast. I suspect the drug eveen as good as it is has varying results based on the severity

LOL...Dr. Oz...lol***

Apr 2, 2020, 8:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I thought he said if we ate enough kale, this would never happen anyway.***

Apr 2, 2020, 8:47 AM

Re: LOL...Dr. Oz...lol***

Apr 2, 2020, 9:24 AM [ in reply to LOL...Dr. Oz...lol*** ]

hey, people who get their news from a manufacturer of fairy tales are gonna believe fairy tales. did you see the republican governor from kansas telling a press conference yesterday that he'd only learned in the last 24 hours that folks who were asymptomatic could transmit the disease? Guess what news network that moron watches, exclusively?

Re: LOL...Dr. Oz...lol***

Apr 2, 2020, 9:34 AM

Yeah I saw the governor in California telling Jake Tapper that Trump was doing a great job.Tapper’s facial expression was priceless.Didnt see anything on CNN or MSNBC about Cuomo or Deblasio’s statements that certainly contributed much pain and suffering.Pelosio telling people in San Francisco to come on down and enjoy ChinatownThe mayor of NOLA to carry on with Mardi Gras.Perhaps if you watched Fox,you might have a clearer understanding of why the hotspots are the hotspots.

Apr 2, 2020, 8:43 AM

The shortage of this medication and several other medication shortages are real. Have several people with lupus and RA that can't get their meds because irresponsible doctors gave to patients that weren't even sick, coupled with the most critical reason is we can't get it because this as well as most are made overseas.

We have failed miserably in this country. All our leaders going back 20+ leaders have failed us all letting this happen.

This BS about people not wearing masks is only because we couldn't get them. The countries like SK, and Japan are doing well because everyone had masks. Real hard facts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2020, 9:04 AM

I got into a debate with a buddy of mine 2 days ago about South Korea. I'd like to get your take on it. I should probably mention that my buddy got his undergrad in biochemistry at Clemson and his doctorate at Vandy (where he met his wife who has a doctorate in genetics). I should also mention that he's very left leaning and I'm very right leaning... politically.

His opinion was that SK did so well because of government policies, whereas Italy did so poorly because their government was slow to react. He compared the US to Italy and specifically blamed Trump for a variety of failures. My opinion was that while there may be some truth to government actions in SK and Italy playing some part, the main reason was cultural. In Asia, in general, they are very distant individually, even wearing masks when they are sick (and have been doing this for years). Whereas in Italy, they are very much in your face, hugging and kissing on the cheeks and sharing "Italian style" meals. In short, he blamed government and I blamed culture.

What do you think about that?

Re: Dr. Oz just presented scientific evidence that the malaria***

Apr 2, 2020, 9:15 AM

Apr 2, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Dr. Oz just presented scientific evidence that the malaria ]

Trump didn’t tell the people in NYC to carry on into Feb-March.I’m pretty sure the states are responsible for some level of response in terms of medical supplies.If he said something about not wearing a mask,he got that from his medical team.But liberals are going to keep on keeping on to further the agenda to win the November election.I guess Cuomo and Deblasio have no skin in the game on this.

EXACTLY! And not ONE PEEP from the media when

Apr 2, 2020, 9:35 AM

De Blasio's audio and quote is out there for the world to see. Amazing. Funny how all of the country's attention has to focus on cities and states with libtard leadership. ONLY with them does it become the Fed's "responsibility."

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

The problem in the USA is that a lot of people fail to see

Apr 2, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Dr. Oz just presented scientific evidence that the malaria ]

the complexity of most issues and believe these idiotic one minute soundbite solutions constantly peddled by the media and politicians. The COVID-19 blame game that is coming out of certain quarters of our society right now is a prime example of this over simplistic thought process.

Kerigantoo is correct - our response/preparedness for this God awful disease has been 20+ years in the making. There is plenty of blame to go around as it does not rest with a single individual, administration, or political party. Years of budgetary decisions, regulatory decisions, manufacturing decisions, bureaucratic decisions etc... have all contributed to the situation we are in. Unfortunately for some, it's just easier to put politics ahead of intellectual honesty and blame one guy for the USA's response/preparedness than it is to actually delve into the complexity of the issue.

The insidious part of the blame game is that it distracts from the issue at hand and will contribute absolutely nothing towards solving the problem in which we find ourselves. One of my favorite quotes of all time was Commander Jim Lovell's response in breaking up two crew members playing the blame game in a crippled Apollo 13 capsule: “We're not going to go bouncing off the walls for ten minutes, 'cause we're just going to end up back here with the same problems. Try to figure out how to stay alive!” Seems like some good advice for all of us right now...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The most sensible, non-partisan post I've seen in a while...***

Apr 2, 2020, 9:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2020, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Dr. Oz just presented scientific evidence that the malaria ]

As usual, The Three Stooges provides the answer to your question.. Two professors were debating whether HEREDITY or ENVIRONMENT determined how people developed... The Boys were trained by one professors daughter, Ms.Lulu in etiquette...They get to their coming out party and it develops into a pie throwing between the Boys and the Upper Crust, thus showing that heredity and environment mean little... Individuals vary, very much...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not true. There are over 100 million doses of the

Apr 2, 2020, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Dr. Oz just presented scientific evidence that the malaria ]

malaria drug available in the U.S' right now.

The excuse for the ban is fear of a shortage, but there certainly isn't one right now.

90 in my medicine cabinet from India via Hong Kong...***

Apr 2, 2020, 9:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2020, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Dr. Oz just presented scientific evidence that the malaria ]

uhm....just as a reminder, this didn't happen under Obama. This didn't happen under Clinton. Clinton nearly managed to kill bin Laden in his stay in office and Republicans insisted he was trying to wag the dog over impeachment.

Is that why Clinton refused to take Bin Laden when Turkey

Apr 2, 2020, 9:40 AM

had him ready to hand over? You seem to find news that no one else can.

#### right. They had him dead to rights under Clinton, but

Apr 3, 2020, 7:13 AM

he was on the golf course and they didn't want to bother him. Same thing with Obama, they did not tell him until it was too late to stop it.

Apr 2, 2020, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Dr. Oz just presented scientific evidence that the malaria ]

Why is it that the hardcore liberals come in like a rabid pack of hyenas until somebody like (GWP above) posts actual proof with video evidence that makes you all look like hypocritical idiots, and then they all have NO RESPONSE. They just move on to the next post and regurgitate their brain-dead nonsense. Why is that??

LOL...bless your heart !!!!***

Apr 2, 2020, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Dr. Oz just presented scientific evidence that the malaria ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 2, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Dr. Oz just presented scientific evidence that the malaria ]

Eight weeks ago (end of January) this was not on the radar of any Americans. It was a tragedy. that was happening in China. No one knew how this was going to affect the US, but now it is on us. My hope is that this terrible virus will pull this nation together instead of tearing it further apart. This is not about Republicans, Democrats or Libertarians.
The question that will be answered on the other side of this pandemic, will define what it means to be an American. Don't allow politicians to define what you think, instead focus on what is BEST for this country and look for leaders who rise up as Statesmen (Women)

Apr 2, 2020, 8:52 AM

I’m with you, SPUD, but I don’t trust ANY of these “ zeros!”

THIS is the POTD - ALL politicians, with VERY few exceptions

Apr 2, 2020, 10:12 AM

are lying, stealing, only-concerned-for-themselves, self-aggrandizing crooks.

And how SO MANY people get all crazy "supporting" their person is an incredible spectacle to watch.

Blows my mind reading all the insanity on here about who did such & so and who would do it better, etc.

As a people - it is beyond me how we allow our politicians to not have to subscribe to the same medical plans & social security and ALL the other government created crap they come up with for us little folks . . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

NYT had to admit yesterday it worked

Apr 2, 2020, 9:29 AM

d@mn idiot libs have fought to have people dying during this.

Re: NYT had to admit yesterday it worked

Apr 2, 2020, 9:59 AM

We have Schiff already talking about an investigation.I’m surprised he is willing to have so many of his cohorts held accountable which they surely will be.Even more shocking is that he is talking about this right now.

Re: NYT had to admit yesterday it worked***

Apr 2, 2020, 10:04 AM

Re: NYT had to admit yesterday it worked

Apr 2, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: NYT had to admit yesterday it worked ]

We have Schiff already talking about an investigation.I’m surprised he is willing to have so many of his cohorts held accountable which they surely will be.Even more shocking is that he is talking about this right now.

Any Rep Schiff lead investigation will be strictly limited to Jan ‘17 forward. All conclusions will be shaped into Articles of Impeachment unless we have President Biden or Cuomo sworn in next January. It really is nauseating.

Apr 2, 2020, 10:00 AM

Dr. Oz is a dangerous quack. A snake oil salesman at best. But sometimes even even Jim and Tammy Baker got it right. Hard to be wrong 100% of the time even if you are a professional liar.

Apr 2, 2020, 10:06 AM

A TV doc prescribing drugs, a Tv actor trying to run a country, a tv judge making legal decisions and fox in charge of truth. I guess the virus is not that bad!!

Apr 3, 2020, 1:06 AM

POS

Apr 3, 2020, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Dr. Oz just presented scientific evidence that the malaria ]

Dr. OZ is a cardiologist by trade and has quite a resume.

In 1982, he received his undergraduate degree in biology at Harvard University. He played safety on Harvard's football team and won an intramural college championship playing water polo. In 1986, he obtained MD and MBA degrees, respectively, at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Penn's Wharton School. He was awarded the Captain's Athletic Award for leadership in college and was class president and then student body president during medical school.

Oz has been a professor at the Department of Surgery at Columbia University since 2001. He directs the Cardiovascular Institute and Complementary Medicine Program at New York-Presbyterian Hospital. His research interests include heart valve replacement surgery, minimally invasive cardiac surgery, and health care policy.

These drugs work because they help the body use Zinc to

Apr 2, 2020, 10:11 AM

fight the diseases. Zinc helps to kill viruses.

Vitamin C
Zinc
Selenium
Magnesium

Very important to your future.

Re: These drugs work because they help the body use Zinc to

Apr 2, 2020, 10:18 AM

And D3, definitely D3.

Apr 2, 2020, 10:47 AM

TNET truly sucks now.

Apr 2, 2020, 10:52 AM

So far, there are a few studies showing that it works and a few showing that it doesn't work. I hope it works, but we just don't know yet. I'm not sure why it needs to become a political issue. People should read the studies and make up their own minds. Here is the follow up study to the study in France that led to the initial excitement about the drug's potential. Unfortunately it showed no effect. The second study linked is the most rigorous study so far, but even that study only had 30 patients.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0399077X20300858

http://www.zjujournals.com/med/EN/10.3785/j.issn.1008-9292.2020.03.03

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/27/we-dont-know-hydroxychloroquine/

Apr 2, 2020, 11:05 AM

Shortages of this drug are already happening in NYC

There have been stories of doctors prescribing it to patients who don't have it so that they do have it if they get the disease

I have a friend on a ventilator right now who is on it but we will have to wait and see - god willing it works and he recovers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all due respect,

Apr 2, 2020, 11:42 AM

I'll pass on info from a television doc...even Doogie Houser!

That said, folks are free to believe as they choose and pursue that which they feel best suits their situation, which is unique from mine. Best wishes, too!

Now Lupus patients can't find medicine

Apr 2, 2020, 5:41 PM

Too many folks hoarding it

Dr. Oz?

Apr 2, 2020, 5:43 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This thread is further proof that

Apr 2, 2020, 5:53 PM

the loudest voices are also the dumbest.

Apr 2, 2020, 6:33 PM

It's a little suspicious that the only media reporting on OZ is Fox News, The Daily Caller, and The Washington Examiner.

The FDA approved it while saying that it want hurt if prescribed by a doctor. That's not an endorsement for the effectiveness of the drug.

Apr 2, 2020, 8:52 PM

Praying for Mrs. Spud, too!!!

Sure they could look at infection rates

Apr 2, 2020, 9:29 PM

in Africa where the populous take malaria drugs on an annual basis to see how it compares.

Also wonder what happened to the Swedish Dr's that said they had a cure using a cocktail of Aids medication? Maybe not enough of the drug to go around therefore not much publicity?

While we're at it...what do Dr. Drew & Doctor Doolittle have

Apr 3, 2020, 1:17 AM

to say about this?

Apr 3, 2020, 6:37 AM

I’m always very skeptical of Dr. Oz because he is paid my companies to push supplements, nutrients, drugs, procedures, programs regardless of evidence-based medicine. Despite that there does appear to be some validity to hydroxychloroquine rumors. The reason they are “banning” the prescribing of it is because some providers have taken it upon themselves to prescribe for family, friends, asymptomatic patients, or for prophylaxis, etc. naturally there is some pressure to take care of your own flock when you have the patient sitting in front of you, or on the phone. It doesn’t take much to realize how detrimental that could be if we freely write for that drug for anyone who asks for it, causing shortages and keeping it from those who really need it in the hospital. In a perfect world guvnas wouldn’t have to ban it, because we would maintain our ethics and not use it unnecessarily. That said, there has not been a legit double blind RCT that I am aware of. Those drugs can have serious side effects. We have had 3 positive patients come through office, I saw one of them, we have not written a single rx for hydroxychloroquine. The first two including one that was on a vent, have recovered. In fact, my patients who have autoimmune diseases are being switched to other drugs by their rheumatologist either in anticipation of shortages, or because they are already hard to source.

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Apr 3, 2020, 10:12 AM

Notice that I did not reply. Too old to know.

Replies: 73
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic