Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wade was not the answer.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,559

Wade was not the answer.

Mar 21, 2017, 11:19 AM

I went to VCU for grad school and I can tell you, it's a unique situation and winning there does not always translate into winning at a major conference school. Look at the last coaches who have left VCU for major conference schools. We need another Rick Barnes who wants to come to Clemson and will bring attitude with him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While he may not have been the answer

Mar 21, 2017, 11:32 AM

We still have our problem, and now it's compounded by the fact that we were looking to replace Brad but he's still here. He should be replaced, he's a lame duck coach and next year is a wasted season while we look for another coach. This situation has just been horribly managed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree.***

Mar 21, 2017, 11:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't imagine how this could've been handled any worse

Mar 21, 2017, 11:42 AM [ in reply to While he may not have been the answer ]

If you're gonna keep him then you have to go full force in supporting him. This current status is worse than it was before.

Oh well, here's to brighter days somewhere ahead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brownell is not a lame duck.

Mar 21, 2017, 11:49 AM [ in reply to While he may not have been the answer ]

He may or may not succeed next year, but he will not be fired if he succeeds. IMO already writing next season off as a failure speaks poorly to one's character and is unbecoming of a Clemson man and our heritage. Man up people! Quit crying over spilled milk!

Re: Wade was not the answer.

Mar 21, 2017, 11:33 AM

I don't even think you need any sort of connection to VCU to realize it is a great job. Easy to win, basketball is their football, the facilities are head and shoulders above the competition, they can get recruits who are high major players, etc.

I suppose that depends on what the question is

Mar 21, 2017, 11:40 AM

Honestly, I think we don't even really know what question to ask. I know the overarching question is "How do we get better as a basketball program", but I don't think that's a question with any immediately evident answer.

I'm beginning to suspect we will need to get a bit lucky and stumble into a coach that happens to be the right fit of coaching ability, recruiting prowess, and interest in staying in Clemson for a while. Who is that? Heck if I know.

I'm beginning to feel apathetic to it and maybe we just need to throw another dart at the dart board and hope we are fortunate and luck into the right fit. Or maybe someone with way more knowledge than I have has a better idea, but I hope they at least know the right question to ask, because I simply don't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wade was not the answer.

Mar 21, 2017, 11:55 AM

Not that it matters but I disagree. If you saw him in action at UTC like I did for two years you would feel differently. He's way more better than what we've had for the last several years and what we'll have for the next couple. Don't know why we wasted all that money on Littlejohn when we aren't serious about bb success.

I've watched his teams religiously at Chattanooga and VCU

Mar 21, 2017, 12:11 PM

and I can tell you that he's not the answer.

Re: I've watched his teams religiously at Chattanooga and VCU

Mar 21, 2017, 12:23 PM

I agree with this.

We don't need a guy that runs a gimmick style and has no offensive scheme whatsoever. In today's college basketball landscape, teams that can handle the ball and shoot it are always going to beat teams that just pressure you and hope you turn it over.

St. Mary's would've beaten them by 20 if one VCU guy hadnt scored 30 on his own, and if St Mary's PG hadn't gotten into foul trouble. Why? Because st. Mary's takes care of the ball and shoots it well aka they'll beat VCU/Will Wade every time.

It's not just that. It's how he handles players both on and

Mar 21, 2017, 12:40 PM

off the court as well.

hire the St Mary's coach?***

Mar 21, 2017, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I've watched his teams religiously at Chattanooga and VCU ]

Provably heading to Cal

Mar 21, 2017, 1:44 PM

but Bennett can flat out coach

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,559
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic