Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney told ACC to look in mirror after poor BCS showings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney told ACC to look in mirror after poor BCS showings

Jul 13, 2017, 11:17 AM

Swinney told ACC to look in mirror after poor BCS showings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney told ACC to look in mirror after poor BCS showings

Jul 13, 2017, 11:21 AM

The whole league stepped up? Uhh what the heck have BC and Wake done to step up

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 11:26 AM

They have stepped better than the coots in the sec.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 11:40 AM

but they have been stepped on like the best, nobody can take that from them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney told ACC to look in mirror after poor BCS showings ]

This!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson and FSU have "stepped up" ... the rest of the ACC

Jul 13, 2017, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney told ACC to look in mirror after poor BCS showings ]

... the rest of the ACC has a firm grasp on their coat-tails.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think that's true. Every conference is going to have

Jul 13, 2017, 12:16 PM

tiers. Even the bottom and the middle of the ACC was strong last year in relation to similarly positioned teams in other conferences.

It's not like the ACC was the Big Ten where there was a seemingly elite group of 4 teams at the top and then some absolutely dreadful teams like Rutgers, Illinois, and Purdue dragging the league down from the bottom.

The ACC had a strong year, no doubt.

Jul 13, 2017, 3:36 PM

However, when you have two teams that have each won a recent National Title and those same two teams have been the only teams to win the ACC in the past seven years, then it's pretty tough to argue that those two teams are not carrying the rest of the conference.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney told ACC to look in mirror after poor BCS showings ]

A lot of the league isn't there yet but a lot of teams have hired some #### good coaches over the last couple years

And Dabo's legend continues to grow

Jul 13, 2017, 11:46 AM

And no, it's not merely Clemson, FSU and everybody else. Other teams did their part last year particularly in rivalry week and bowl games. Pitt upset a highly touted but highly overrated Penn St team. There are others. GT over Ga. We need this to silence the critics who say that an ACC team doesn't belong in the playoffs. It's not so much about the rest of the conference as it is about us getting a shot at the title. I for one am greatful others have stepped up to change the perception of the league.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And Dabo's legend continues to grow

Jul 13, 2017, 11:54 AM

I can think of one team in particular who has not stepped up their OOC game but I don't expect Swoffie to be able to say their name in public. Let's just refer to them as "an ACC school not to be named ". ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear you man

Jul 13, 2017, 12:06 PM

I'm not talking about everybody. NC is an embarrassment on the field and in the classroom. I honestly don't care about anybody but Clemson. I will say that if our conference does well in OOC play it works to our advantage as far as rankings, bowls and playoff considerations go.

Re: And Dabo's legend continues to grow

Jul 13, 2017, 1:15 PM [ in reply to And Dabo's legend continues to grow ]

Penn state overrated? They were underrated and should have been in the playoff.

While I understand where you're coming from

Jul 13, 2017, 1:33 PM

They were very lucky to beat Ohio St. They had lost to Pitt( I know I know we did too) as well. I maybe would've agreed with you in December but Ohio St only had one loss. I know this easy for me too say in retrospect but Penn St was not playoff caliber. They lost their bowl. Ohio St, who I think was better JMO, went into the playoffs and got throttled by us. The BIG is and has been grossly overrated. Their bowl performances were woeful. None of them were really playoff caliber and that is why I said they were overrated. This year? Who really knows at this point. But last year while they had a good team they were not playoff caliber. Their 3 losses prove it.

Swofford needs to look in mirror

Jul 13, 2017, 12:28 PM

and retire.... that would be a step up for the ACC ....

Re: Swofford needs to look in mirror

Jul 13, 2017, 1:20 PM

The whole big 10 was overrated, but I agree Penn state should have been there over the suckeyes.

Jul 13, 2017, 3:32 PM

Make no mistake, Swofford gets no credit for ACC resurgence. Dabo is leading by example. You recruit, you win close games, you win championships. The ACC is doing well now, but is still unproven is multi-year success. Don't get enamored with last year. We must do it again and again. Go Tigers

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic