Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It seems like there are a lot of t-netters who worry....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

It seems like there are a lot of t-netters who worry....

Oct 8, 2017, 9:28 AM

a bit too much about style points and point differentials in our games. Some worry too much about being ranked No.1. I say JUST WIN every game(by one or a hundred), play as many kids as possible to develop players, protect starters from injury, and keep young talent happy. Playing a lot of youngsters help recruiting because kids know that they will get a chance to play even when enormous talent is in front of them. As far as the rankings go, we are no longer in position where we need to worry about it. If we win every game the rest of the season by one, we will be in the playoff, will win the two playoff games and finish No. 1 the only time it ever really matters(the end of the season). This is a much better outcome than trying to blow people out every week and losing key players to injury during the playoffs. I still believe than the injuries to Mike Williams, Shaq Lawson, and Mckensie Alexander were the biggest reason we lost the Natty to AL two yrs ago. Just my two cents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Re: It seems like there are a lot of t-netters who worry....

Oct 8, 2017, 9:40 AM

I'm not worried about style points, but at some point, we need to put up more points than we are averaging.We are letting too many teams hang around a lot longer than they should be.
And that is my point( of view).
And what happened two years ago doesn't matter now.

Oct 8, 2017, 9:51 AM

I agree with you post. Problem is that we use very little of our playbook. We need to use the middle more and stop letting teams use the sidelines out of bounds as an extra players. Next, take the bubble screen and scrap it for a while., All of our league teams now know how to defense it and it gains us nothing.
We just keep winning and that's what it is all about. Having said that, if we continue with out conservative play calling with little imagination, it will cost us at some point. Finally, we are running KB far too often on plays designed solely for him to run. He is averaging around 16 runs per game and most of them are designed plays. Sure he's got to scramble and that is obvious but at the current rate he is running around the same number of times as many RB's run in a game.
And yes there is a very clear reason why this is happening which I understand but there are other alternatives.

There is a reason we use very little of our playbook.

Oct 8, 2017, 9:54 AM

Ever notice we seem to play our best ball in games where it counts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: There is a reason we use very little of our playbook.

Oct 8, 2017, 10:11 AM

My only question is why we have to continue to explain it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.***

Oct 8, 2017, 12:30 PM

So beating Wake 28-0 w 8 min left and our 2nd and 3rd string in was letting them hang around???.***

Oct 8, 2017, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: It seems like there are a lot of t-netters who worry.... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At 28-0, game was over. Nuff said***

Oct 8, 2017, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: It seems like there are a lot of t-netters who worry.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are constantly trying to troll this board.

Oct 8, 2017, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: It seems like there are a lot of t-netters who worry.... ]
image.jpg(93.8 K)

Here's the truth. When your coots play our tigers they will look across the field to the opposite sideline and see everything they wish they could be but will never be. Jealousy is all over you and your fanbase. Troll this board if it makes you feel a little better but it won't change the results on the field.

Message was edited by: CootSmackdown16

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: It seems like there are a lot of t-netters who worry.... ]

At what point was you worried yesterday? If you were at all you need meds

While I agree, here's my take on this.

Oct 8, 2017, 9:50 AM

I think what we are witnessing week in and week out is a strategy from Dabo. Follow me on this, I have a point to make. There have been 8 touchdowns scored against us in 6 games, each of the touchdowns came when the game was already decided. This also occurred when the 3rd and 4th team guys are on the field. What the coaching staff is attempting to do is build some serious depth not only for this season, but for next season as well. If you notice, our two deep shows zero drop off, but our 3rd and 4th team guys are developing quite nicely. Imagine that by game 11 and 12 there is no drop off at all.

Vanilla play calling has also been factored in. It's week 6, and we're halfway through the season, but I do not think we've even began to open up that playbook. I think we will open the playbook and use it's full measure during the post season. If we can survive to the playoffs without cracking the playbook, then we give the playoff contenders nothing to work on. The most they will be able to do is man assignment, but even with a 4 deep roster, that will be impossible. I think it's a strategy in the end. Then again, I could be wrong.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: While I agree, here's my take on this.

Oct 8, 2017, 9:52 AM

I like your analysis FWIW! I'd be interested in your opinion as to other reasons we are not opening up the playbook!!

More surprises in store for opponents down the road***

Oct 8, 2017, 9:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: While I agree, here's my take on this.

Oct 8, 2017, 9:53 AM [ in reply to While I agree, here's my take on this. ]

Agree with you Chesty. Sure worked last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo knew game was over at 21-0 if not earlier.

Oct 8, 2017, 9:56 AM

No way Wake could score against the starters and we went conservative with play calling. No reason to put ball in jeopardy.

Just keep building depth.

Your post is on the money.

Oct 8, 2017, 9:59 AM

Guys like us who have watched Clemson for decades can appreciate what we have right now. The complaints about our team are just flat out annoying and the expectations of those people are downright unrealistic. They have no idea how difficult it is to do what Dabo had done the last few years. Only one other program has maintained the type of consistency we have over the last 6-7 years. Some of the posts on this board are just flat out ignorant. Some are trolls. Some are just hypercritical and entitled fans who have no idea the amount of work that goes into being successful in CFB.

^^^^^^exackery^^^^^^***

Oct 8, 2017, 10:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Your post is on the money.

Oct 8, 2017, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Your post is on the money. ]

Excuse me.. Is it Okay oh Great One for people to express their opinions on this site. I've watched college football all over the country for some 65 years so please don't insult me with your superiority complex! Clearly, many of these discussions are way over YOUR head. We're talking about strategies, player allocations, and what is clearly wrong with our O. I know the answer for sure but will not post it here because it would be wrong to do so. You dude need to forget about what we did last year and focus on this year as this is an entirely different team with a chemistry of its own. Please don't forget that our coaching staff is in some places young and is learning at a great pace but none the less learning. That's a great thing for all Clemson fans but apparently you think other people have no right to express their opinion.
People on here are only commenting and take it as such but please don't insult well intentioned people who have sports knowledge that just might be applicable to our current season situation at Clemson.
Have a nice day,

Re: Your post is on the money.

Oct 8, 2017, 10:41 AM

your right, it is peoples commentary. Some of it sounds like people who watch football never played or coached it. He's right as well, this program has been built over the last 10 years by a guy who has produced a National Championship and now consistent program, his way. The staff does an outstanding job supporting the vision. Keeping the coordinators at Clemson is a key nobody questions, it just happens. There are people who know the game, know the plan, know the talent they have and those guys are the coaches, Dabo trusts them, we should too. They know what they are doing and it shows. The other poster only states that this winning thing is relatively new (last 6 years nationally ranked teams), enjoy it.

Wow man.

Oct 8, 2017, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Your post is on the money. ]

Out of all the posts on here that concur with what I said mine must've really struck a nerve with you. Go ahead post your opinion. I wouldn't stop you even I I could but I don't have to agree with it and in case you haven't noticed neither do most of the other people on that thread. I'm not out to offend you but I can post my opinion as well. You're not a better strategist than our coaches and neither are about 130 other staffs in the country. What Dabo has done the last 6-7 years speaks for itself. You can't get around it. He's one of the best in the business and while you can post your coaching criticisms on here Dabo will disagree with it.

Message was edited by: CootSmackdown16

you siriusly are a

Oct 8, 2017, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Your post is on the money. ]

fuktard who knows nothing of football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Oct 8, 2017, 10:20 AM

Having all that talent is like having a Ferrari, everybody knows you've got it, why show it off unless you need to.

We definitely didn't need to.

Now it's...

Oct 8, 2017, 11:54 AM

WE TOO SECRET!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 1:45 PM

Thanks to all for yr replies

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic