Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which team is most likely to beat Bama? We are!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Which team is most likely to beat Bama? We are!

Nov 14, 2018, 3:43 PM

Seems a lot of people are asking that question. The answer might be found in this equation.

On average, Bama has been holding teams to about 50% of that team's average points per game.

So the question becomes, who can hold Bama to 50% of that team's own season average?

Bama has been scoring an avg of about 47 points per game.

(The following assumes Bama would hold these teams to 50% of their season averages.)

>> ND averages 35 PPG............Bama would need to be held to 17 (44% of their avg.)
>> Michigan averages 37 PPG...Bama would need to be held to 18 (38% of their avg.)
>> Georgia averages 39 PPG.....Bama would need to be held to 19 (40% of their avg.)
>> Clemson averages 44.7 PPG.Bama would need to be held to 22 (47% of their avg.)

I think Clemson and Michigan are the two teams with the defenses that could even come close to doing that. And Clemson's offense is better suited for a shoot out if needed.

BRING ON BAMA!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Which team is most likely to beat Bama? We are!

Nov 15, 2018, 3:43 AM

I like the effort and the conclusion, but there are lots of unknowns in the equation. I'll sum up my thoughts with this. As the season goes on, for many reasons, Clemson gets stronger and Bama weaker. Come Natty time...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic