Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's going to be bad for these Florida kids
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 548

It's going to be bad for these Florida kids

Feb 22, 2018, 9:16 AM

when heavy handed reality hits them upside the head. They are soon going to realize that marching, talks, ect. mean absolutely nothing to politicians and nothing will change.

Hope I'm wrong.

But I doubt it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I’m not a fan of some of their obvious prepared

Feb 22, 2018, 9:20 AM

Liberal-leaning statements, but they are moving the dial of the conversation.
Trump is pushing tighter background checks, more mental evaluations, and ban of bump-stock.
So they are having an impact.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m not a fan of some of their obvious prepared

Feb 22, 2018, 9:23 AM

the kid had 30 freaking visits by the cops. THIRTY. Let that sink in. And no one thought to do a mental evaluation, social services just let him roam....lots of blame to go around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had mental evaluations.

Feb 22, 2018, 9:28 AM

I think he was diagnosed as bipolar with ADHD. Anyway, he had a mental evaluation after his girlfriend cheated on him and dumped him.

I WAS THE FIRST ON HERE TO POINT OUT

Feb 22, 2018, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m not a fan of some of their obvious prepared ]

The FBI effied up! Don’t preach to me, pullease....
??

I'm glad they are using prepared statements

Feb 22, 2018, 9:30 AM [ in reply to I’m not a fan of some of their obvious prepared ]

have you ever heard a kid try to articulate a response freestyle? Jesus they are awful.

Would make great P&R posters though.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct. They are naive.*****

Feb 22, 2018, 9:25 AM

Hopefully this will spur a heavy dose of

Feb 22, 2018, 9:28 AM

cynicism that will allow them to accomplish this eventually.

The reason why I say they are naive.......

Feb 22, 2018, 9:31 AM

is because I saw a couple of them on TV the other day claiming that they don't need the support of the president or any other politicians. They think they will just vote anyone out that doesn't agree with them.

and a little more facetious

Feb 22, 2018, 9:34 AM

I heard one of the girls say that she was tired but happy and believes that change is coming.

Did you bring a big bag of money when you went to talk to the Florida Leg?

No? Nothing will change then.

They will be voting for a long time. Old white men ...

Feb 22, 2018, 9:50 AM

are dying. (Hopefully present company see a few more elections.)

Time will tell. The Baby Boomers need to transition power gracefully not angrily. I have faith in the younger generations. They are really smart - and can teach me how to operate my Smart phone of which I am grateful.

When I doubt the next generations - I just look at my kids, their spouses and friends. The Baby Boomers best legacy may just be the next generations.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

school shooting survior takes political action

Feb 22, 2018, 9:58 AM

http://www.newsweek.com/columbine-florida-school-shooting-gun-control-812173

A survivor of the Columbine school shooting has introduced a bill that would allow people with a concealed carry permit to bring guns into K-12 schools.

Patrick Neville, who attended Columbine High School in 1999 when Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris carried out a massacre that left 15 people including the shooters dead, introduced the bill in his role as Colorado house minority leader.

“This act would allow every law-abiding citizen who holds a concealed carry permit, issued from their chief law enforcement officer, the right to carry concealed in order to defend themselves and most importantly our children from the worst-case scenarios,” said Neville, who has made the proposal every year since his 2014 election, The Washington Times reported.

Keep up with this story and more by subscribing now

Unlike many of the survivors of the recent shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, in Parkland, Florida, Neville believes that more guns on school property would help protect students in the case of a shooter in a school. Indeed, the House minority leader has suggested more of his fellow students at Columbine would have survived the attack if some teaching staff had been armed.

9-25-14 Columbine Shooter 1 Dylan Klebold, right, and Eric Harris are shown in the Columbine High School cafeteria on the day they killed 12 students and one teacher before killing themselves on April 20, 1999. Reuters

The bill summary states that “with certain exceptions, current law limits the authority of a person who holds a valid permit to carry a concealed handgun by prohibiting a permit holder from carrying a concealed handgun on public elementary, middle, junior high, or high school grounds. The bill removes this limitation.”

Students who survived last week’s mass shooting in Florida in contrast are largely calling for stricter gun control laws, calling out politicians who have received campaign donations from the NRA, and planning a march on Washington, D.C., to demand action.

Among the student activists calling for gun control is senior Emma Gonzalez, who delivered an emotional address to crowds gathered to mourn the 17 people killed in the shooting.

“If the president wants to come up to me and tell me to my face that it was a 'terrible tragedy' and how it should never have happened and maintain telling us how nothing is going to be done about it, I'm going to happily ask him how much money he received from the NRA,” she said at the weekend rally.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe his bill goes TOO far in allowing guns in schools, but he is an expert on the issue.

Was listening to the Smerconish show on Sirius yesterday -

Feb 22, 2018, 10:48 AM

he was interviewing a 17 year old kid running for governor of Kansas. Then, had several callers just gushing about how all of the kids they know are so smart and well-informed, just the going to be a great generation...

After that, a University of Utah professor called in and asked where could she get some of those kids, because that was definitely NOT what she was seeing in her classroom - she called it an information literacy problem...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which stems from a learning helplessness problem

Feb 22, 2018, 10:53 AM

Instead of being able to find the answer, their natural state is "i don't know" for everything.

School isn't teaching these kids how to learn, just how to memorize

Replies: 13
| visibility 548
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic