Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Elliott knows quarterbacks will be center stage in Saturday's spring game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

New Story: Elliott knows quarterbacks will be center stage in Saturday's spring game

Apr 12, 2018, 8:27 AM

Elliott knows quarterbacks will be center stage in Saturday's spring game

The annual spring game is Saturday, and thousands of the Clemson faithful will pack Death Valley for a final look at the Tigers before the long, hot months of summer. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Elliott knows quarterbacks will be center stage in Saturday's spring game

Apr 12, 2018, 9:49 AM

Elliot's comment on his confidence in all 4 QBS is reassuring. I wonder if there is a difference in trust among the 4. Bet so.

How they handle the various defensive alignments to execute passes to primary or alternate receivers, avoid sack situations, ball handlind, etc all will give insight on how they match up against each other. Can't wait to see.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Elliott knows quarterbacks will be center stage in Saturday's spring game

Apr 12, 2018, 10:37 AM

I can't remember a Spring Game that I was more excited for. I think I was near this level when Deshaun got to campus, but obviously him going down in Spring Practice that year meant we didn't get to see him play.

Have they already released the team rosters yet? I'm very interested to see who HJ & TL will be throwing to.

Apr 12, 2018, 10:53 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/update/2018-Orange--White-game-rosters-unveiled-29790

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2018, 11:47 AM

Thanks!

Apr 12, 2018, 10:49 AM

I will admit that I'm a little suspicious in nature when it comes to peoples motives bc I believe there are reasons for everything. So my opinion of how the two offenses will be chosen, will the passing QB be loaded with running plays, and vice versa with more passing play's for the running QB, or will each QB have the same set of plays without a difference added. The coaches know these players strengths and weaknesses, and they can choose the sides for whatever out come they want to see. As a suspicious person, let me choose the sides and call the plays. I'm not saying that the coaches would set it up for a certain outcome, I'm saying regardless of what they they do, I will still have my personal suspicions;) I'm surely hoping that's normal!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2018, 3:03 PM

Food for thought. But then coaches are never wrong. That's why so many of them are fired every year. Oops!

What if.....

Apr 12, 2018, 11:21 AM

KB started at QB, but later we saw him lineup in the backfield w/ Chase Brice on a few plays? :)

Re: What if.....

Apr 12, 2018, 11:54 AM

if the QBs were live, I would give that a very small amount of credence, but they are not live so I would say no. it's unfair to the defense to have to pull up on a "RB", you don't want your defenders getting used to pulling up on a tackle. in this setting, I will be surprised to see many called QB runs because they are not live... that's a wasted play unless they are running specific goalline situations...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2018, 3:07 PM

There's a good reason why coaches cringe when a QB takes off running.

Which is probably the same reason why they are not live

Apr 12, 2018, 4:07 PM

Especially considering the defense that they would be running against on Saturday...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2018, 12:16 PM [ in reply to What if..... ]

KB could be A Devestating Offensive Weapon coming out of the Backfield as A Receiver with A Run/Pass Option in My Opinion ?

Apr 12, 2018, 12:23 PM

just need a receiver / RB with a better arm than Sammy!

Apr 12, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: What if..... ]

He’s the QB and should be jeez some on the board are brain dead

Apr 12, 2018, 4:09 PM

Some on here are blind plus closed minded, so now we have some of it all as a fan base!!!

Apr 12, 2018, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: What if..... ]

He’s the QB and should be jeez some on the board are brain dead

Apr 12, 2018, 4:10 PM

Some on here are blind plus closed minded, so now we have some of it all as a fan base!!!

Re: The center of attention shoulkd be and better be

Apr 12, 2018, 12:36 PM

the offensive line. As they go so goes the offense. This is the area to see if the "boys" have grown to "MEN".

Apr 12, 2018, 3:17 PM

Amen!!! If the hogs upfront can't get "er done," it really won't matter much who's playing QB. Why would Dabo, as I heard on the radio, praise our performance in the N/C game---one in which we were humiliated, totally dominated?? I think we need to start worrying about N.C. State and a couple other teams on our regular schedule who will absolutely be laying for us before we start game-planning our performance in the NC. We are in everyone's bulls eye.

Apr 12, 2018, 4:13 PM

Now are you saying that Syracuse and Pitt could possibly be a threat, or any team we face on out regular season schedule. Asking for a friend ;)!!!

Apr 12, 2018, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: The center of attention shoulkd be and better be ]

DW4 played behind I believe a lesser O line than KB had, and DW4 won a National Championship!!! Oppppps, the cat is out of the bag now!!!

Apr 12, 2018, 1:35 PM

Great comments from Coach Elliott. Due to my health I will not be able to be at the game, but you can bet I will be in front of the TV. Cannot wait to see All the qbs in action. Proud to hear Kelly is fighting for his position. I feel it would be good for Trevor to redshirt and get a lot of info to start out next year. Of course that is if he does not win the starter. Go Tigers

Apr 12, 2018, 3:30 PM

Redshirt the number one player in the nation, and a "generational" QB??? Do we just want to gift him to all of the top-notch programs who would love to poach him away from us, smartly promising him immediate playing time, which he richly deserves. This guy could go anywhere!!! I seen seasoned analysts say that TL could go to the NFL right now!! And we are going pi## around with some cub-scout ideas about fairness?? Can we not stand success?? We either play to win at the top level or fall back into the mid-tier level of mediocrity.

Apr 12, 2018, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Elliott knows quarterbacks will be center stage in Saturday's spring game ]

Trevor Lawrence didn't come to Clemson to red shirt, and he won't red shirt. If he would have been told that he would have to red shirt before signing with Clemson, he would be on another team today!!!

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic