Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Blame it all on Gabe DeVoe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Blame it all on Gabe DeVoe

Feb 20, 2019, 9:32 PM

If he doesn't elevate his game last year in the post-season and average about 25 a game, there's no way that Brownell gets a contract extension for taking the Tigers deep into the NCAA Tournament. To be honest, missing DeVoe this year has been a big part of why the Tigers are so bad on offense---he kept the defense honest with his ability to actually hit a 3 pointer & the other players were able to take advantage of the opponents keying on Gabe.

Here is a scary thought: Last night FSU's bench outscored ours 30-2...that would be the same bench that is going to be getting a majority of the playing time next year. Thomas & Simms are locks & Trapp will probably have to play 2 with Dawes at PG...don't know if Simms can play "3" & let Baehre, William or Jemison at the other post position. Newman is too erratic and while Tyson can shoot, he has a slow shot that he may not be able to get off in ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Blame it all on Gabe DeVoe

Feb 20, 2019, 9:35 PM

here is another very scary thought. coachmac anywhere around kids coaching them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which damaged the program more, DeVoe elevating his game

or Jaron Blossomgame elevating his game?

Or about equal?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Great question...

Feb 20, 2019, 9:46 PM

In both instances a player elevating his game hurt the program. Why are we not coaching these players to be mediocre?!?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Great question...

Feb 21, 2019, 11:57 AM

I think the coaches do try this technique. Unfortunately sometimes players do like the old saying and "out-kick their coaching" and that's never a good thing. ;)

Brad recruited and signed Gabe out of high school.

He was a Parade All-American, though not wanted by the blue blood programs. Does Brad get credit for recruiting him and coaching him up to the point that he improved a lot and played lights out last year?

Asking for a friend, because I’ve read a lot on here about how he doesn’t recruit well or coach players up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

So if he does that well, then

Feb 21, 2019, 3:08 AM

why are we not doing as well as should?

Asking for a friend who stuck his foot in his foot in his mouth just like you did.

Your excuses fail. Everytime.

So he coached up 1 player in 8 years and that makes

Feb 21, 2019, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Brad recruited and signed Gabe out of high school. ]

him a good coach? I was hoping last year was going to show that BB turned the corner but the way this year has gone has shown he is over his head.

Thomas? He’s a senior and out of eligibility, I thought?

Feb 21, 2019, 3:30 AM

5- Jemison/White
4- Baehre
3- Simms
2- trapp/Newman
1- Dawes

Doesn’t scream tourney team to me. Hoping all freshman guards are hits next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thomas? He’s a senior and out of eligibility, I thought?

Feb 21, 2019, 8:00 AM

5- Jemison/White
4- Baehre
3- Simms
2- trapp/Newman
1- Dawes

Doesn’t scream tourney team to me. Hoping all freshman guards are hits next year.

Agreed. Then consider that attrition will affect the lineup as well

My bad...I was thinking he had sat out after transferring

Feb 21, 2019, 2:17 PM

but he came mid-year, so therefore, he's done after this year. Light the fire, stalkers.

Re: Blame it all on Gabe DeVoe

Feb 21, 2019, 2:19 PM

You're an idiot.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

I think we’re still hurting from the early departure of KJ McDaniels***

Feb 21, 2019, 4:42 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about Bell and Biv?***

Feb 22, 2019, 9:20 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still think Coach B needs to designate/hire an Offense

Feb 22, 2019, 11:11 PM

Coordinator.

Said it before, his Defense strategery is good, his Offense is so .... white bread rec league

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic