Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where’s the red meat, these hearings are boring
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 761

Where’s the red meat, these hearings are boring

Nov 19, 2019, 4:04 PM

It sounds like a nonstop discussion of foreign policy disagreements between Trump and unelected govt officials. These fkrs need to know when a new CEO takes over organizations get reshuffled, people get fired, under-performing areas get scrutinized or shut down. Still waiting for the part where someone other than CNNMSNBCCBSABCNBC mentions an actual impeachable offense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If a steady stream of foreign policy experts testifying that

Nov 19, 2019, 4:18 PM

Trump did the dumbest thing possible is boring for you, perhaps you'll like tomorrow's better. Sondland is in a bit of pickle...tell the truth or.....go directly to jail!!!

Will he take it in the pooper for his boss? I don't know, Gene, but it'll riveting television.

Dumb things comes right after treason, bribery, and other

Nov 19, 2019, 4:30 PM

high crimes and misdemeanors in the Constitution. Closest thing would be bribery, but you can't prove that from anything I've seen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oooh, oooh....Mr Kotter! Won't all those

Nov 19, 2019, 4:37 PM

obstruction charges provide a nice foundation for the bribery and extortion charges to sit on? And what to do with intimidating witness charges....while they're fuggin' testifying. Maybe we can put them in the foyer.

It's as big a stretch as paying off a prone star is a

Nov 19, 2019, 4:49 PM

campaign finance violation. Heck, you guys were closer to having him with that than the 2 year Russian collusion investigation that wasn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And those obstruction charges from the Mueller investigation

Nov 19, 2019, 4:57 PM

will be added to the list if he loses the election or miraculously gets convicted in the Senate. And I'm sure in the time from now to then he'll break some more laws.

Re: And those obstruction charges from the Mueller investigation

Nov 19, 2019, 7:13 PM

He’s not going to lose 2020. This spectacle just won it for him.

We already know the ending to this movie because we’ve all seen it before.

thats why they wanted to do it in the basement

Nov 19, 2019, 4:47 PM

got nuttin and now everyone knows it

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where’s the red meat, these hearings are boring

Nov 19, 2019, 6:12 PM

Interesting. Fox News pushes a narrative that the hearings are boring to discourage people from watching them, and here you are saying the exact same thing.

It's almost as if.........

What, exactly, are you expecting? The Rock to come out suddenly and start decking people? I know that's about how Trump people's brains work...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Fox shows this stuff all day every day it happens and...

Nov 19, 2019, 6:27 PM

you think they are pushing a narrative that make folks not watch their channel?

I bet that made sense in your head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fox shows this stuff all day every day it happens and...

Nov 19, 2019, 7:04 PM

To not watch the hearings against Trump? Absolutely. Their late night hosts push that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Nov 19, 2019, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Where’s the red meat, these hearings are boring ]

I lasted 20 minutes today. I can’t last half that long watching fox.

Also of note

Nov 19, 2019, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Where’s the red meat, these hearings are boring ]

Just heard on the radio whichever person it was asking questions right now call this a thing of boredom.

I guess Fox is getting their narrative from those involved?

Nov 19, 2019, 6:35 PM

It's boring because it's so obvious and undeniable. What you mean you haven't seen any red meat? The president cannot legally, morally, etc. Put American foreign policy interests over his personal political interests.

How are you not outraged at that? What's good for America? Ukraine receiving the arms/support directed to them by congress to stop Russian encroachment... Or trump refusing to give it to them unless they announce an investigation into his political rival? The Biden thing makes no sense and would have come out before if true, but regardless, it doesn't matter. Trump can't do that. It's illegal. How much more obvious can it be?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 7:21 PM

The US has a treaty agreement with Ukraine that allows cooperative investigation and prosecution of crimes. That is US policy and we are using it. Running for the Democratic nomination does not provide immunity from investigation or prosecution to Joe Biden or any other candidate.

Nov 21, 2019, 4:45 PM

Great. I'm not saying don't investigate Biden. I'm saying if there is something do it through legal channels. Not that believe any of the ridiculous Biden conspiracies. At the end of the day though, what, do have clear as day is trump using American foreign aid to get another country to public announce an investigation into his political opposition. Aka, something any president, repub or dem should be impeached for. This is about partisan politics, its about making sure everyone is held accountable to the law. If there was actually someone Biden did, why didn't trump have the fbi, Goa or some other agency investigate? Why got outside proper channels unless you're doing something improper yourself?

The real question is how do you trust that buffoon Rudy to anything but bungle?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it’s going to end up like the email thing

Nov 19, 2019, 6:46 PM

He’s done some stupid stuff and been careless, but we can’t prove any intent and no reasonable lawyer would try for this case.

Political points scored for Democrats for trying

Political points scored for Republicans for making it out alive

Possible last minute re-opening of something before the election reprise

America gets stuck with Biden or Trump for the next 4 yrs when someone that would have been a nice compromise would have crushed the election but didn’t get a fair shake at it because politics

Re: it’s going to end up like the email thing

Nov 19, 2019, 7:24 PM

You need to bring the whistleblower forward to prove intent and state-of-mind. I hope this reaches the senate where these things can surface.

It's pretty clear what his intent was

Nov 20, 2019, 12:21 PM [ in reply to it’s going to end up like the email thing ]

This isn't a court of law where you have to have proof positive of intent, and it shouldn't be treated that way. The only question should be how convincing the evidence is.

But are enough people convinced that holding up critical aid to a foreign country until they investigate a political rival, for personal political gain, is worth removing a president? Trump's base won't care because they just cynically assume that everything and everybody is corrupt, so this is just Trump being unfairly singled out. It really wouldn't matter to those people what these hearings reveal. Many on the left think everything a Republican does that they don't like is impeachable. It doesn't matter what these hearings reveal to those people, either. So the question is how many people who aren't cynics or hard-core partisans can be convinced.

I just don't think this will move the needle enough, in part because this is just typical Trump-ian incompetence and malfeasance, rather than an actual crime or something that led to American deaths.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, yeah, they're Congressional hearings***

Nov 20, 2019, 11:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 761
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic