Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Dabo talks about adding JUCO players, previews Virginia Tech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Dabo talks about adding JUCO players, previews Virginia Tech

Oct 16, 2012, 12:24 PM

Dabo talks about adding JUCO players, previews Virginia Tech

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said Tuesday during his weekly press conference that he would like to sign two or three JUCO players per year. He also previews this weekend's game against Virginia Tech. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo didn't say anything about

Oct 16, 2012, 12:56 PM

Logan Thomas being Tall.....wth!!!

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Dabo didn't say anything about

Oct 16, 2012, 1:25 PM

Cause Sammich maker trade marked it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Dabo talks about adding JUCO players, previews Virginia Tech

Oct 16, 2012, 1:10 PM

Not including my own years of higher Ed I have 36 years of higher Ed experience. During that time I NEVER saw a transfer student who did not lose some credits due to inability to transfer them. Why should JUCO be any different?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Dabo talks about adding JUCO players, previews Virginia Tech

Oct 16, 2012, 1:22 PM

Obviously, Clemson cannot compete because the University refuse to grant a comparable number of credits as other schools. I'm sure the SEC allows JUCO transfers to come in with a note from their mom, but we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

JUCO

Oct 16, 2012, 2:01 PM

It also about state systems too. I'm sure most states are like Florida where if you complete your A.A. you transfer all the credits.

When I transfered to Clemson I lost 12 hours. I lost a whole semester. My classes did not match up. I was only able to argue one course so I did not lose 15 hours.

My question is this, summer school to catch up?

Re: JUCO

Oct 16, 2012, 2:22 PM

I doubt that Summer school is covered under your scholarship. Those classes are expensive!

You guys could be right about transfer of credits BUT

Oct 16, 2012, 2:26 PM [ in reply to JUCO ]

I thought it had more to do with the fact that when Clemson reorganized the University into 5 Colleges, they culled a lot of different majors and minors. I seem to remember that there are restrictions on JUCO's that in order to not lose eligibility, the University they are transferring to must offer a degree in something that their current school did not offer... (Hence we need to offer a more diverse list of degrees.) Somebody can probably clean this explanation up a bit and point out where I am right or wrong.

63-17

Where is Wookie?

Oct 16, 2012, 2:28 PM

He is probably the best fact checker on t-net, and can give us the rest of the story. (He has called me out for posting something that is wrong once or twice) :)

63-17

Pretty sure you are on the right track regarding number...

Oct 16, 2012, 3:39 PM [ in reply to You guys could be right about transfer of credits BUT ]

majors being the inhibitor. I think JUCO players would be a huge plus for us especially on defense line where strength and speed are infinitely more important than experience in whatever system we run. This could be a great thing and too long coming.

Re: Pretty sure you are on the right track regarding number...

Oct 16, 2012, 9:28 PM

Juco's would most definitely helped us out with our low numbers of our 09 recruiting class of just 12 recruits. That recruiting class I'm sure has devastated out depth ever since. That was Dabo's biggest mistake of his Head Coaching career to date. IMO, I think we should have filled those scholarships with the best recruits we could have gotten at that time. And maybe we could have found some diamonds in the rough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Senior year they told me I was 1 credit short.

Oct 16, 2012, 3:51 PM [ in reply to JUCO ]

Many of my classes did not transfer and I needed 1 more hour of "free elective"

I said, "so you are telling me that I can take a 1 hour bowling class and that counts but surveying and estimating from the community college don't count because the classes didn't transfer?"

They bent the rules and let me slide so I didn't have to come back and take bowling for one semester.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's with the Manson family crazy killer broad picture ?***

Oct 16, 2012, 6:07 PM

Is 1000% a Clemson thing?

Oct 16, 2012, 3:47 PM

100% of an idea is the maximum. Don't they teach this in Math 101?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ Math police***

Oct 16, 2012, 4:13 PM

It's a baseball thing***

Oct 16, 2012, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Is 1000% a Clemson thing? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic