Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where have we gone?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Where have we gone?

Dec 1, 2013, 9:22 AM

I hage to say I am losing faith in our coaching staff. Now, before you say it's just one game, let me just say that we all secretly are thinking the same thing. While it has been very nice to win 10+ games for three straighf seasons, win the ACC title and make a BCS bowl, last night I would have traded all of that for a Tommy Bowden 8-9 win season that included a win over SC like we used to. Five years in a row they have beaten us. In our house. In their house. And all by double digits. But it's not just that. Our coaching staff cannot get us up for the big games except once a season. We have experienced two of the most humiliating losses in our history under Dabo and had to endure this crap from SC fans since he officially took over. We aren't competing for a title in anything the way FSU looks and apparently can't win the state title because Dabo and company treat it like just any other game, don't get creative, have no fire in their bellies and so forth. I just had to rant a bit and speak my mind that while I appreciate what Dabo has done, I find myself wondering what someone else could have done as the bead had he remained a recruiting and wide receivers coach...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry for spelling errors

Dec 1, 2013, 9:24 AM

Using my phone and this touchscreen sucks.

Dabo/Morris did get creative. Remember Sammy is a QB now.

Dec 1, 2013, 9:25 AM

nm

Re: Where have we gone?

Dec 1, 2013, 9:28 AM

We should never have hired someone with as little experience as Dabo to match wits with Spurrier. Sure, on paper, Dabo has recruited a little better, but who has recruited the state of SC better, and it shows in our game against them every year. It seems that in all of these games against USC, they look far better coached, and yet I don't see them as being more talented. I really don't. The head coach matters in these tight games, especially on the road.

Step 1: Pull in big-time recruits.

Dec 1, 2013, 9:28 AM

Step 2: Hire big-time assistant coaches.
Step 3: Win games against all non-ranked teams.
Step 4 Begin to win top 10 matchups (LSU + UGA)
Step 5 Set your sites on toppling those in your way (FSU and USuC)
Step 6 Make the 4-team playoff
Step 7 Win it all

We are at step 5 right now. I think more telling for our program is where we will be at the end of the season next year.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 9:30 AM

Dabo needs to change his way of thinking - good guys don't win big games. He needs to get these guys fighting mad and not protect them from reality. We need "bruts" not ambassadors

Dec 1, 2013, 9:53 AM

TB didn't beat them because he's a better coach, but because they weren't as good as they are now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 10:10 AM

I would say that we weren't as good then as we are now. I just don't buy the argument that they are winning because they are the best in their history. We are much, much better the Bowden teams. They are resorting to another tactic to beat us. S&C or PED?

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic