Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where did our favorite writer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,599

Where did our favorite writer

Feb 9, 2019, 6:43 PM

Sapakoff go to journalism school? I have googled him and can find no information on his ‘education’!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're referring to Gene Sapakoff of the

Feb 9, 2019, 6:53 PM

Chucktown Compost & Courier, he is a very proud alum of UGa and a strong SEC proponent.

I posted not long ago that the week of the Notre Dame-Clemson playoff game, I heard the Sap on a radio show complaining that UGa should've been ranked #2 in the four team standings.....to the best of my knowledge, he's not been back on the radio to defend his stupid statement or eat that huge helping of sauteed crow.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where did our favorite writer

Feb 9, 2019, 7:21 PM

Thanks. I suspected as much. I had him narrowed down to a small handful anthe dawgs were among them.

Feb 9, 2019, 7:46 PM

I have been reading the Post and Courier since the 60's when it was the News and Courier. Its Sports Dept. has fallen down considerably since Sapakoff took over as Director. They quit delivering the paper in my town about 6 mos. ago but I wrote a lengthy letter to the Editor. I listed what I thought to be the pros and cons of each section. Their Sports Dept. got an "F" with Sap at the helm. He is an SEC homer and most of the articles are about coots, including a weekly recruiting article by Korncoot himself. This paper and its sports section is not worth the paper it is written on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sapakoff graduated from Colorado State.

Feb 9, 2019, 8:46 PM

Ken Burger, the retired sportswriter from The Post and Courier, was a Georgia graduate.

Re: Sapakoff graduated from Colorado State.

Feb 9, 2019, 9:07 PM

You mean butt head

Feb 9, 2019, 10:08 PM

Yup. It is hard to fall below the "State" fishwrap flacks. But the dude consistently achieves it.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,599
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic