Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Clemson in top group for former Top 25 recruit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Clemson in top group for former Top 25 recruit

Apr 8, 2016, 2:43 PM

Clemson in top group for former Top 25 recruit

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surely

Apr 8, 2016, 2:47 PM

We can close the deal on a double legacy!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one would hope***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

True, but he is from MD**

Apr 8, 2016, 2:50 PM

nm

man - vcu right next door***

Apr 8, 2016, 2:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Would he be eligible next season...

Apr 8, 2016, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Surely ]

or will he have to sit out a year?

Well, we didn't the first time around.***

Apr 8, 2016, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Surely ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Surely

Apr 8, 2016, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Surely ]

I'm sure if he is offered a full free ride, Clemson will be his destiny to begin another legacy!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope we land him. 6ft 8.**

nm

Re: BKB Update: Clemson in top group for former Top 25 recruit

Apr 8, 2016, 2:57 PM

Wonder what he wants to study?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COME TO CLEMSON !! WE NEED YOU !!***

Apr 8, 2016, 3:31 PM

Wonder why we didn't offer a double legacy recruit in

Apr 8, 2016, 3:51 PM

high school? Mom played basketball for Clemson and dad played football for Clemson and we never offered?

Weird.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wonder why we didn't offer a double legacy recruit in

Apr 8, 2016, 5:03 PM

Almost positive we offered him - I remember being discouraged we couldn't even get a serious look from him. He has not been an impact player at UNLV.

Where are you seeing that he wasn't offered?***

Apr 8, 2016, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Wonder why we didn't offer a double legacy recruit in ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here

Apr 8, 2016, 5:41 PM

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/132747

and here:

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Dwayne-Morgan-16564/RecruitInterests

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too many stars for Brownell***

Apr 8, 2016, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Wonder why we didn't offer a double legacy recruit in ]

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Has it occurred to you that Brownell expressed interest

Apr 8, 2016, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Wonder why we didn't offer a double legacy recruit in ]

when this guy was in high school, but he didn't reciprocate an interest in Clemson? You don't just throw out offers randomly. You express interest, and if the player shows interest too, then you make a formal offer. Otherwise, you just look desperate as a school.

I don't know why some of you think Brownell doesn't know about top players or make attempts to recruit them. He's not that dumb, nor does he have that much of a loser mentality to assume that no top players want to play for us.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

to date, the unfortunate facts point directly to Brownell

Apr 9, 2016, 1:04 AM

not attempting to climb the 4 and 5 star mountains very often, and even more so, unsuccessfully. we can't simply wait for any prospect to express an interest before offering... it is our job to create and/or cultivate an interest. if we don't sign this guy, it will be because we didn't work hard enough to create and cultivate his interest despite his ties to the school... and those ties should almost always work to our advantage...

Re: to date, the unfortunate facts point directly to Brownell

Apr 9, 2016, 10:22 AM

Asinine.

If you offer every 5 star player, word gets around to the kids who are actually interested in you and they lose interest because they think they're being overlooked.

If we don't sign this guy, the reason will most likely be because he's transferring to be closer to his sick mother in the first place. Maryland and VCU are close.

Apr 9, 2016, 11:50 AM

> Asinine.
>
> If you offer every 5 star player, word gets around to
> the kids who are actually interested in you and they
> lose interest because they think they're being
> overlooked.
>

I'm glad Dabo didn't think like this in 2006.

Apr 9, 2016, 12:01 PM

Any coach would need to get over this kind of thinking... and I'm not saying that I know that this is what Brownell is thinking, but we can't ignore the track record of how recruiting has yielded players...

My apology, I accidently hit the td on the post

Apr 9, 2016, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: to date, the unfortunate facts point directly to Brownell ]

I was actually trying to TU your post

Re: My apology, I accidently hit the td on the post

Apr 9, 2016, 3:35 PM

No worries ;)

Apr 10, 2016, 12:23 AM [ in reply to Re: to date, the unfortunate facts point directly to Brownell ]

Dabo was hired in 08.

There's nothing wrong with being ambitious and going after the best. Brownell does this. But sending out offers to every 5 start is not only stupid, but it's guaranteeing you won't get anyone. You honestly believe Dabo offered/offers every 5 star there is? Come on.

Apr 10, 2016, 3:20 AM

Dabo climbed the 5 star mountain and signed CJ Spiller in '06. Nobody is saying that every 5 star even deserves an offer from Clemson, but you can't ignore the fact that we won't sign any if we don't offer them. Right now, we have to be aggressive to attract the recruits that have high major choices rather than those that have mid major choices, otherwise we will continue to play with mid major talent against high major talent. The basic issue with bball is that we need a talent upgrade, why argue that Brownell shouldn't recruit 5 stars for not being able to sign anybody? Your way of looking at this is not going to sign the talent upgrade that we need...

Reading is fundamental...

Apr 9, 2016, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: to date, the unfortunate facts point directly to Brownell ]

I didn't say we need to offer every 4 and 5 star, but we will not sign any of them unless we offer them, period. Making an offer to one player does not say to anybody else that we aren't interested in them, for example, an offer to a 5 star PG doesn't mean that we aren't interested in a 3 star C who is 7', 280 and athletic. And to think that either of those offers means anything to the other is what is really asinine...

We can never afford to "look desperate as a school."

Apr 9, 2016, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Has it occurred to you that Brownell expressed interest ]

as we sit out post season. :/

We don't recruit hs players any more.***

Apr 9, 2016, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Wonder why we didn't offer a double legacy recruit in ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Middling stats on an 18-15 UNLV team.

Apr 8, 2016, 6:58 PM

Not that impressive for a 5-star, but he did have a separated shoulder in mid-February, if that means anything.

Just hope it's not another Jennings-like overhype job***

Apr 8, 2016, 8:42 PM

Kind of hard to hype 5.5 pts per game..

Apr 8, 2016, 9:16 PM

Hope we're a good fit and he fulfills his potential as a Tiger. You never know who might be that missing piece to get us going.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

its been awhile since we had a 5 star***

Apr 8, 2016, 8:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic