Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where are the crowds?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 727

Where are the crowds?

Feb 3, 2013, 10:37 AM

Away games, so many empty seats. I've been watching college basketball forever, and I don't remember seeing it like this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO it's just the nature of the game in college now....

Feb 3, 2013, 11:27 AM

since none of the stars ever stay more than a year or two before leaving for the NBA - you can't develop a team identity and know who the "big names" are anymore like in the old days. Now, as soon as somebody becomes a "big name" they turn around and leave.

IMO basketball in general is nothing like it used to be - it's no wonder people don't follow it like they used to.

It probably has a lot to do with...

Feb 3, 2013, 11:37 AM

the state of our economy. The economy has continued to spiral the last four years and unfortunately I don't see it getting any better the next four, at least in the state of SC. Personally, it's been three years since I got a raise and this year doesn't look any more hopeful. Times are hard. Taxpayers got hit with a 2% federal tax hike on January 1, no matter if they were above or below the $250K magic threshold set by our president. I'm not usually a pessimist, but unless football ticket prices drop I don't foresee additional people willing to add tickets to their budgets when they have to pay the rent and put food on the table.

Sorry...

Feb 3, 2013, 11:38 AM

probably holds true for basketball too.

Replies: 3
| visibility 727
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic