»
Topic: Where are the crowds?
Replies: 3   Last Post: Feb 3, 2013 11:38 AM by: tigerofaiken
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3  

Where are the crowds?

Posted: Feb 3, 2013 10:37 AM

Away games, so many empty seats. I've been watching college basketball forever, and I don't remember seeing it like this.

IMO it's just the nature of the game in college now....

[1]
Posted: Feb 3, 2013 11:27 AM

since none of the stars ever stay more than a year or two before leaving for the NBA - you can't develop a team identity and know who the "big names" are anymore like in the old days. Now, as soon as somebody becomes a "big name" they turn around and leave.

IMO basketball in general is nothing like it used to be - it's no wonder people don't follow it like they used to.

It probably has a lot to do with...

Posted: Feb 3, 2013 11:37 AM

the state of our economy. The economy has continued to spiral the last four years and unfortunately I don't see it getting any better the next four, at least in the state of SC. Personally, it's been three years since I got a raise and this year doesn't look any more hopeful. Times are hard. Taxpayers got hit with a 2% federal tax hike on January 1, no matter if they were above or below the $250K magic threshold set by our president. I'm not usually a pessimist, but unless football ticket prices drop I don't foresee additional people willing to add tickets to their budgets when they have to pay the rent and put food on the table.

Sorry...

Posted: Feb 3, 2013 11:38 AM

probably holds true for basketball too.

Replies: 3  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
580 people have read this post