Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where are all the Paul Finebaum haters this morning?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Where are all the Paul Finebaum haters this morning?

Oct 14, 2017, 10:17 AM

He was right. I agree he is irritating, but he called it correctly. If someone is correct, you can’t fault them.

I have more bad news. Our FG unit will cost us at least one more game. That kid has issues and can’t kick under pressure. Although there was plenty of problems all around last night, his missed FG and PAT ultimately was the difference in the game.

Another point.....when will Deon Cain live up to his billing? He has been awful this season. He’s playing like a two star recruit at this point.

Penalties......the defense has become cocky and is making bad decisions. Venables needs to fix that ASAP. Clemson’s defense was Syracuse offensive MVP with the free yardage given up.

Kudos to Hunter Renfrow, Etiene and Kelly Bryant. They came suited up and ready to play !

Even thought it was a loss, this game was a much needed wake up call to the staff and players. I have confidence they will make improvements.

Fatigue........I don’t know who scheduled a Friday night game away in New York, but they need to be reprimanded. The team looked worn down and flat all evening. Bad move on someone’s part.

In closing.....learn from your losses and set backs. How react to adversity is paramount to future success !

Go Tigers !!!!!!!!

Go Tigers !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where are all the Paul Finebaum haters this morning?

Oct 14, 2017, 10:21 AM

I wouldnt say Cain has been awful but he has been very disappointing at times. Some of his drops are just perplexing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nuk, Sammie and Williams spoiled us for sure with their awesomeness!

Oct 14, 2017, 10:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 10:42 AM

You make some good points, but I have some thoughts, as well:

Paul Feinbaum is a biased sec homer. Not saying he doesn't know some things, but my statement is accurate.

FG and PAT results have been very sub-par, as is our KO distance. We should be able to do better.

Renfroe is gold, and yes he and Etienne were ready and always are.

Kelly Bryant is a warrior, I'm sure, but he was not ready last night. He was tentative with his running from the get go, and it got worse quickly.

Cooper has not been impressive when he has been in the games. I don't care how great he looks at practice. If he can't do it in the games, too, then he maybe isn't the answer.

Johnson has looked best in games in the limited time we've seen him.

Fatigue has to be some of it, though with our depth and experience one would think we could handle a Syracuse team.

Yes! Friday night games suck, and swofford knew of the scheduling when he held his hand out for the TV $ and took the deal. He is the smarmiest s0b in all the land.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duga - agree with your points but this loss on Dabo not JS

Oct 14, 2017, 11:00 AM

And I despise swarmy JS right there with you ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 10:44 AM

F..CK Paul Finebaum

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 10:46 AM

We are one of the worst downfield passing offenses in the country. Can't fault Cain's production to this point. We can't hold him over the coals for a couple of drops and not do the same when a QB misses the mark.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 10:46 AM

You forgot about C. Ferrell. He was a monster on a D that got continually beat.

Forget him - wait until the Syracuse folk start showing up

Oct 14, 2017, 10:49 AM

...and the coots.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Oct 14, 2017, 10:56 AM

I strongly dislike Finebaum. Because he wears such SEC colored glasses, I really don't give a flip about what he says regarding other teams.

The warning signs regarding the offense (even with KB) were there for weeks, but the coaches weren't worried because the defense could carry the team. Obviously that is now been shown to be false. I'm glad the coaches are owning this loss, because a lot of it is on them.

Ok he was right, but he is still an SEC-loving #########.

Oct 14, 2017, 11:01 AM

Nm

That last word is d-bag - thanks for censoring T-net

Oct 14, 2017, 11:02 AM

Nm

Remain calm...

Oct 14, 2017, 11:03 AM

The sun came up today and Paul Finebaum is still a dork. He'll still be irrelevant again as soon as Nicky hangs it up at "Bama'.

You don't "know" anything. Granted, the FG kicker doesn't look good at all right now. But, it's impossible to know how the rest of the season plays out. Bit, I do agree that we have a positional weakness that will cost us another game this year, it's just not FG kicker.

If Clemson performs like they're capable they won't need a FG to beat anybody on the schedule. Clemson is still the most talented team (except for maybe FSU) in the ACC by a wide margin. They still have the best coaching staff in the ACC. Clemson shouldn't need a FG to win anything until maybe the ACC Championship.

The issue I'm actually concerned about is the QB rotation. Dabo has a definite blind spot when it comes to managing QB's, and if he doesn't clean that up at some point an injured KB, or Zerrick Cooper will cost them a game. Dabo made 2 critical mistakes that cost us last night.

1) Just like the Stoudt vs. Watson situation, I've seen all I need to from Cooper vs. Johnson. Johnson is the better QB and Clemson's offense looks better when he's in.

2) Nick Saban never would have played Jalen Hurts on a gimpy ankle. I don't understand what Dabo was thinking starting KB. Ultimately Dabo put KB in a situation to get tee'd off on and he ultimately got knocked out of the game with a concussion. Today, his ankle is likely worse than it was a week ago. Adding insult to injury, he might not be cleared to play in a game due to concussion protocol for up to 4 more weeks.

Otherwise...we're still in great shape. Go Tigers.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was frustrated with finebaum for

Oct 14, 2017, 11:09 AM

Acting like clemson doesn't have a good win and him praising fsu as the best team in the country not named bama. He actually said fsu with Francois was the second best team in the country and much better than auburn, vt and Louisville. We all know that's a big sri king pile of Bs.

Finebaums deal is that he thinks he is right so often bc he is never challenged. Does a solo show and never gets in a conversation about opinions. He just does solo commentary on radio and as a guest on sportscenter it's more of the same.

Also....Spence didn't miss a PAT last night? Cain isn't playing fine, but does have a few drops. ACC controls Friday games, playedone last year too.

Oct 14, 2017, 11:10 AM

He was right because he takes the odds. Its easy to say well one team will lose a game. No s###. That's like me saying I bet there will be hurricane next year. The odds of a team going unbeaten is low.

He will always be irrelevant to any team outside the SEC.***

Oct 14, 2017, 11:23 AM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 14, 2017, 11:54 AM

I am still here.....and Paul Finebum still sucks this morning.....Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic