Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When you're Clemson basketball against Duke or UNC, Rule #1:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,582

When you're Clemson basketball against Duke or UNC, Rule #1:

Mar 4, 2019, 2:10 PM

you can forget about driving to the bucket at the end of a game in hopes of drawing contact and getting a foul call...will not, has not happened. The officials will not call those game deciding calls against those two teams, so STOP doing it! Tell the guys this beforehand. Driving is fine but only under control and in hopes of popping it out to an open shooter. Shelton Mitchell was driving to the bucket, not in hopes of making a shot, but in hopes getting a foul call and going to the line. All the while you had Reed trailing behind and could have had a good look at a 3 to win it.

Rule #2: Don't try for overtime against DUke or UNC if you have the opportunity to end the game the you have to take that shot. Overtime will never go our way against those two. Officials will not call it fair, they will be more lenient for them and be more harsh toward us. I've watched these games for close to 3 decades and have yet to see anything to the contrary.

Rule 3: you have to have at least a 10 point lead with a minute left in the game to win. Because for some reason something miraculous always happens and if you're only up 3 or 4 then you are going to lose by 3 there's no doubt about it. They won't call fouls on them and they won't give us the benefit of the doubt on close plays.

Now all this being said, i think you can say that Clemson sometimes benefits from this same officiating leniency in football games.. at least in the current era. I don't think its deliberate by officials i just think if its 50/50 call they tend to lean toward giving the benefit to good teams. Maybe its b/c if they get it wrong then the $hit$torm from the media won't be as exacerbated as it would with the lesser team. I don't know... but there seems to be something to it.

So keep your chin up Tiger fans, this ain't nothing new.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember this? Clemson vs. Dook 2014 ACC Tourney.

Mar 4, 2019, 2:28 PM

Go to last play of game. Rod Hall was blatantly fouled, fairly hard, on last shot attempt. Could have won the game for Clemson if Hall sinks both, or tied if he makes one. But, predictably, refs swallow the whistle and run off the court.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I thought we lost the game because of the

Mar 4, 2019, 2:41 PM

whole T-shirt thing...? What's this about actually playing the game and bad/missed calls? How the heck is that relevant??

Re: When you're Clemson basketball against Duke or UNC, Rule #1:

Mar 4, 2019, 3:08 PM

Never a good idea to take 10 or 12 seconds to decide what to do when there is 10seconds on the clock.. I really don’t believe Mitchell had time to draw straws to see who takes the last shot! He did what had to be done and it could have been the right move if the Zebras weren’t ready to go home. Great effort by a team not considered to be in the same league with the heels.... talent wise.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,582
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic