Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As a Coot, I'm surprised so many Tigers think the game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

As a Coot, I'm surprised so many Tigers think the game

Dec 29, 2013, 7:04 PM

Was out of reach when Tajh threw the last 2 interceptions! I can assure you nobody in my crew was breathing easy at that point. Especially the first one, it was 1st down and there were almost 4 minutes left in the game and you had all timeouts.
If Clemson's calling card is an explosive offense that is a crazy amount of time! Even the 2nd one was with 2:30 left, but granted the timeouts were gone.
Doesn't matter I suppose, I'm just surprised to see that opinion so often here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

It was the 5th turnover of the game ... I guess fans just

Dec 29, 2013, 7:11 PM

saw the hand writing on the wall at that point.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That first int was classic pressing Boyd

Dec 29, 2013, 7:12 PM

Locked on to the primary receiver and throwing it down the hash marks on a line into the safety.

Wrong, again. Boyd doesn't lock on to receivers. Just stop

Dec 30, 2013, 12:24 AM

with the false analysis and quit repeating the one thing every college announcer says about QB's. Go learn how the position is truly played. Instead of using the same cliche criticism every single time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's true. Just funny how the 2 fan bases see it

Dec 29, 2013, 7:18 PM [ in reply to It was the 5th turnover of the game ... I guess fans just ]

So different. My friends were all so pissed that we didn't try to do more offensively after the first pick and I'd say half of us swore it would come back to bite us.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

The handwriting was on the wall when Bryant didn't have a

Dec 29, 2013, 7:20 PM [ in reply to It was the 5th turnover of the game ... I guess fans just ]

#### clue what to do on special teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The handwriting was on the wall when Bryant didn't have a

Dec 29, 2013, 7:23 PM

One of the knocks against Bryant is that he's a mediocre blocker. With that in mind, why in the world is he even out there on punt returns if he's not the returner??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2013, 7:32 PM

I dont know he took humphries out pretty clean on that punt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2013, 7:40 PM

Maybe he should be on the punting team, not the punt return team for the bowl. If he hit OSU as hard as he hit Hump, we'd be in business.

Re: As a Coot, I'm surprised so many Tigers think the game

Dec 29, 2013, 7:11 PM

I have to laugh at my Coot buddy who insists that the game was a blowout and that SC manhandled us, I don't think he watched the same game, this one was very winnable even with the turnovers.

Eff off.***

Dec 29, 2013, 11:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

It was over on Humprhie's second fumble

Dec 29, 2013, 7:24 PM

Air Let out, nail in coffin...add any cliche you wanna use, but it was over then. Hats off to our defense for only allowing 31 points after giving up 6 turnovers.

Re: It was over on Humprhie's second fumble

Dec 29, 2013, 7:57 PM

Yep, I left the room and quit watching when Humphries had the second fumble. Until that point I thought we had a chance to win the game. Actually, we out played Carolina in the 3rd quarter. Too #### many turn overs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You realize there are lots of coots here with Tiger handles?

Dec 29, 2013, 7:29 PM

They are embarrassed to admit they are chickens.

Re: You realize there are lots of coots here with Tiger handles?

Dec 29, 2013, 7:39 PM

True. At least I own up to Cootness.

it makes me a little sick to my stomach...

Dec 29, 2013, 8:26 PM

but i have to admit confessed coot is right on this thread :-/

to the point that the original post got a thumbs-up from me.

i really hate that, but it's bad when we try to find fault everywhere that it's not. turnovers made the difference in the game, but we had a good game-plan & except for turnovers executed well.
4 minutes is enough for an offense of our caliber to score at least twice easily with execution & good defense.

the coots were scared up to the very end, or at least last 2 TOs...otherwise they wouldn't have been panicking & so rude & vulgar to us during the game...fear, simple.

too bad we didn't take advantage!
OSU won't wipe it away if we win, but will make it sweeter looking to next season & improve our overall public opinion!

Go Tigers!!!

It is crazy that the game was still in reach after

Dec 29, 2013, 8:26 PM

6 turnovers.

Your days are numbered coot.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is crazy that the game was still in reach after

Dec 29, 2013, 8:29 PM

My days are numbered? As in, I'm going to be killed?

agreed '37! and it can't happen soon enough!!!

Dec 29, 2013, 8:35 PM

your days are numbered, as in, the coots days of winning against us & getting lucky against us are numbered.

come-on & don't coot this up after i gave you a TU or i'll just go back through & vote thumbs-down on everything else, lol.

dayum cluckers!

Nobody cares what you think. zzzzzz GO AWAY***

Dec 29, 2013, 8:36 PM

Dec 29, 2013, 8:57 PM

Bite me coot

The game was in reach after three turnovers

Dec 29, 2013, 9:26 PM

The fourth turnover ended the game.

We didn't even attempt to score after the fifth and sixth turnover. So in reality it was 31 points on four turnovers.

I agree it was closer than the score shows. Turnovers definitely were the difference. 9 years ago it would have been us with the six turnovers. I remember when I was in school and felt like we were the better team in 05 and 07, but just gave it away.

Should be interesting next year. Both teams lose a lot of major contributors. I have no idea how it will shake out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: The game was in reach after three turnovers

Dec 29, 2013, 10:04 PM

Well said. Both teams lose key contributors but you have fewer than us. That being said they are at key spots. You can say Dylan Thompson will be fine and will not lose a step from where Shaw left the team but from what I have seen he is definitely not Shaw. Maybe a better pure passer… but Shaw just willed that team to victories and scraped and clawed until they came out on top. It's tough to beat someone who wants to win more than anything and never thinks his team is out of a game.

I'm a huge homer when it comes to Shaw

Dec 29, 2013, 11:38 PM

and have been since his freshman year. You're absolutely right, he's a huge loss. I know a lot of Clemson fans state that Spurrier started Dylan intentionally in 2012, but that's just not true. He's not the same caliber quarterback and we will take a step back there next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Very nice

Dec 29, 2013, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: The game was in reach after three turnovers ]

That is likely a better synopsis of Connor Shaw than I have seen from most Coot friends of mine.
Dylan will be very effective, but you don't lose a Connor Shaw and not take a hit.

Tired of the turnover excuse

Dec 29, 2013, 9:30 PM

We were losing with 8 minutes left when we had 2 TOs and they had one TO on downs in the red zone. We lost bc of coaching, period. You guys just make excuses. Man up and admit we got beat

Get a clue, we lost because of the turnovers. The turnovers

Dec 30, 2013, 12:26 AM

were from poor execution of by the players.

Dec 29, 2013, 9:45 PM

Well they were right and you and your crew were wrong, so what is the point of the post?

SCROOGE U!...whoever TD'd my post to the coot on here!!!

Dec 29, 2013, 10:05 PM

also the coaches didn't make our guys drop the ball & throw INTs...but it happened all the same & i still love our boys. i would take the same team & coaches & try to do it again & see what the results are knowing what happened this time around & bet the outcome is different on at least 1 of 2 if not both!
we can blame the game-plan all we want (probably because we simply don't like the coaches), but the fact is the players play the game & you can't honestly tell me we had SOME good play in the coots screwup especially.

nobody needs to question my Tiger Fandom & distaste with losing ANY games, but at least i'm not blind or just sour & too hard-headed to see the whole picture.

Love MY Tigers!
just drop the ball after we get past the goal line against the buckeyes!!!

Dec 29, 2013, 10:01 PM

To still be in it being -4 in the turnover margin was kind of surprising. The first interception kind of sealed it, but I definitely felt like we were moving the ball well enough to go down the field and score.

Dec 29, 2013, 10:09 PM

and we lost by ONLY 2 TDs with SIX TOs....i find that almost amazing itself...but worse kind of amazing that we give up the 6. without a doubt still positive at the end of the 3rd & they all knew it too!

did u say something? sorry stopped reading after "coot"***

Dec 29, 2013, 10:20 PM

Re: did u say something? sorry stopped reading after "coot"***

Dec 29, 2013, 11:56 PM

And yet took the time to respond. Interesting.

what's interesting is you spending time trolling on tnet***

Dec 30, 2013, 12:10 AM

Re: what's interesting is you spending time trolling on tnet***

Dec 30, 2013, 12:14 AM

Bad news bro. I'm making friends here and nobody else seems to think I'm trolling. Please explain what was trollish about the OP?

When you're -5 in turnovers, the game might as well be

Dec 30, 2013, 12:07 AM

out of reach.

Coots never breath easy, you have over 100 years of choke...

Dec 30, 2013, 12:21 AM

jobs. You coots were probably holding your breath when you had a 70-6 lead over CCU.

Re: Coots never breath easy, you have over 100 years of choke...

Dec 30, 2013, 12:30 AM

That's true. We have sucked for a long time. You figured out a way to beat us now that we don't suck, yet?

Dec 30, 2013, 1:04 AM

I think most Gamecock fans would tell you we were worried up until Pharoh threw the wildcat TD pass to Wilds to go up 2 scores. Growing up a Carolina fan, I never feel like the game is over until the clock reads 0:00.

As for Dylan Thompson going forward, he's not as effective as shaw in this offense, because we pretty much have to scrap the zone-read portion of the play book. He'll be a great leader but he's prone to take chances shaw wouldn't. Without Connors 3rd down scrambling magic, we'd have lost more than 6 games these last 3 years for sure.

Hopefully the returning skill players offseason development can offset Shaw's absence. Big shoes to fill.

coots are easily surprised***

Dec 30, 2013, 2:07 AM

i don't usually respond to coot posts

Dec 30, 2013, 7:27 AM

but if this is the case with posts, then you are right. Equally so, at DV last year, it looked like we gave up late in the game ( a punt, late, it was, when clearly we should have gone for it), and nobody was ever held accountable for this. Look what happened. It came back to haunt us again.

My usual take on games is that it's over when the clock

Dec 30, 2013, 7:41 AM

reads "0."

Regarding this latest faux pas, the first turnovers convinced me that our minds weren't right, as the old cliché goes. The late ones convinced me that I was right, and we were in deep doo doo.

It was a psychological thing, one that the Gamecocks were all too familiar with over the past 30 years in our games. Spurrier has been successful changing that mindset. Swinney is going to have to find a way to do the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a TIGER

Dec 30, 2013, 8:38 AM

I am surprised to see any coot use COMMON SENSE. Most are blinded so badly by this streak over CLEMSON that they are irrational. They have put a sticker on everything flat enough to get one on. You can't talk honestly bout football because they just won't be HONEST. Course I have seen a little dishonesty amongst our side as well. You can't really talk football without COMMON SENSE ans HONESTY!!

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic