Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ElCid is about to be up a creek without a paddle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

ElCid is about to be up a creek without a paddle

Dec 11, 2015, 9:29 AM

if this takes on the firestorm like in Missouri and other places.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/11/citadel-investigating-photos-students-with-pillow-cases-on-their-heads/?intcmp=hplnws

Only comment I will make is I hope they set this stuff straight. We don't need a negative light on our state.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Message removed by Author

Dec 11, 2015, 9:30 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Regardless how offensive it may be,

Dec 11, 2015, 9:34 AM

free speech has died in this country. PC lynch mobs now rule.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Regardless how offensive it may be,

Dec 11, 2015, 9:43 AM

Exactly. In these hard times when the white man ain't even afforded the privilege to emulate a murderous hate group, it's time to direct our attention to the core issue --- political correctness.

It will be the downfall of our society, I'm certain.

I don't believe free speech means what you think it does

Dec 11, 2015, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Regardless how offensive it may be, ]

The glorious thing about free speech is that it works both ways. In the end, it really only means that the government, by force, should not be able to shut up unpopular thoughts and speech.

It DOES NOT, at all, mean that individuals with hateful thoughts are not shouted down by use of other individuals' free speech.

I do find your use of PC "lynch mob" ironic in this particular case, however. Well played, assuming you intended it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you look at the photograph of the hooded fools it

Dec 11, 2015, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

should tell you that the racists were already there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you look at the photograph of the hooded fools it

Dec 11, 2015, 9:38 AM

That's why I didn't comment. In no way should that be considered acceptable. Then on the other hand, in no way should riots or looting/vandalism be considered acceptable should it be taken that far.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2015, 9:41 AM [ in reply to When you look at the photograph of the hooded fools it ]

####### kids. Have they reported who the old guy in the picture is? Haven't seen it in the articles I've read.

Dec 11, 2015, 9:41 AM [ in reply to When you look at the photograph of the hooded fools it ]

null

Of course I have - The Ghost of Christmas Past.

Dec 11, 2015, 9:43 AM

As in, a past time when white men wore hoods.

Surely, you aren't that stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2015, 9:44 AM

null

I have no idea what they were intending

Dec 11, 2015, 9:48 AM

I do know what it appears they were intending. And I don't see much of anyone who will automatically leap to "ghost" as opposed to the other possibility.

Not jumping to conclusions, but a dang poor idea if they were aiming for ghosts to do so with the "sack with the eyes cut out" uniform of a hateful group.

And I never saw him suggest the president resign.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think ghosts are racists. You don't think KKK hoods

Dec 11, 2015, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

are racist?

I don't care about the Citadel or their President as long as they aren't wasting taxpayer dollars fighting losing legal battles.

Dec 11, 2015, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

While I agree with the hyper-sensitive racial groups, you can not tell me that any 18-21 year old kid that is smart enough to get into college can't look at that and say... hmmm that looks like a Klan costume.

Little history for you, the Klan outfits were meant to resemble ghosts to scare African Americans.

Dec 11, 2015, 9:47 AM

null

You really are winning the straw man award this morning

Dec 11, 2015, 9:49 AM

WHo here is arguing the president should resign?

Dec 11, 2015, 9:54 AM

null

Re: You really are winning the straw man award this morning

Dec 11, 2015, 9:56 AM

Why defend the KKK hoods and the racist connotations as

Dec 11, 2015, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

your first response and attack those who are offended by it?

What does that tell us about you?

Dec 11, 2015, 9:59 AM

null

Re: Why defend the KKK hoods and the racist connotations as

Dec 11, 2015, 10:01 AM

Listen to the man. From his comments you can tell he knows a KKK hood when he sees one.

Re: Why defend the KKK hoods and the racist connotations as

Dec 11, 2015, 10:06 AM

Yep me not liking a group that causes more racial division than unity makes me racists....

Me thinking that not everything is immediately race related makes me racist...

Me thinking that we as Americans need to get over this bull #### and move on as ONE united makes me racists...

Me thinking that hate groups like the NAN and KKK and black panthers and WBC and whatever other bull #### group you can name need to #### off makes me racist.

You are right

You caught me.

Congrats!!!!

null

and The Earth is flat.***

Dec 11, 2015, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

Looks like someone realized just how wrong they were.

Dec 11, 2015, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

Glad you saw the light and stopped pretending.

Re: Looks like someone realized just how wrong they were.

Dec 11, 2015, 10:13 AM

Not at all just deleted my comments because its not worth discussing anymore.

You have your thoughts on it I have mine. Not wasting my time on it. I am simply sick and tired of some groups that descend on any perceived sense of racism and attempt to divide communities.

They tried this same bull #### with Charleston when the piece of #### attacked the church. They were rejected then and I am guessing they will be rejected again in this case.

null

When your first reaction is to defend the offensive

Dec 11, 2015, 10:20 AM

and attack the offended as the trouble maker, the instigator, the root of the problem, it makes it hard to have an honest discussion about solving the problem.

It's not a logical and rational position to take.

Re: When your first reaction is to defend the offensive

Dec 11, 2015, 10:25 AM

That wasnt my first reaction.

My first reaction was they should be punished. They have been punished.

My second reaction was here comes groups trying to make this into a massive deal by calling out for asinine things such as the resignation of the Citadel President. So we should let the perceived offended just run through everything until the are finally satisfied? Where does it stop? At what point in time do you flip from the side of the offended to say enough is enough?

null

When the offensive actions stop happening is when the

Dec 11, 2015, 11:24 AM

problem will be solved. Your anger at the offended and defense of the offenders is disproportionate and revealing.

Nowhere in this thread did you suggest the offenders should be punished prior to your post of "Here come the racists." That's why you deleted your posts. It wasn't your proudest moment.

Re: When the offensive actions stop happening is when the

Dec 11, 2015, 11:29 AM

How can I say they should be punished when they ALREADY have been punished...

that is idiotic. Congrats.

Nice to know you have stooped to the level of accusing people of being racist though good job.

Great job avoiding the question I asked though and pretty much avoiding everything I posted.

Also I have already answered why I deleted the post but great job once again just ignoring what is being said.

I stand by my post saying here come the racists. The racists of the NAN have already descended.

null

Re: When the offensive actions stop happening is when the

Dec 11, 2015, 11:32 AM
dead-horse.gif(129.0 K)

seriously

you called***

Dec 11, 2015, 12:05 PM

Perhaps you should read what you write and what others write

Dec 11, 2015, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: When the offensive actions stop happening is when the ]

in response to your questions.

One post up from you: "My first reaction was they should be punished." Are you arguing with yourself?

From my previous post in response to your question: "I don't care about the Citadel or their President as long as they aren't wasting taxpayer dollars fighting losing legal battles."

Re: Perhaps you should read what you write and what others write

Dec 11, 2015, 12:23 PM

No I am not lets see if you can follow along...

My first reaction when I saw the pictures. Was they should be punished. That has already happened it is now past tense. How can I say now that they should be punished in this thread like you are requesting if they already have been punished. The logic of what you are saying makes no sense.

null

I didn't catch your comments before you deleted them

Dec 11, 2015, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Looks like someone realized just how wrong they were. ]

And that's cool, I'm not lookign to argue.

And I'm also not looking to call you or even these guys "racist".

My point was simply that they made a very unwise choice, and to most everyone those costumes don't scream "ghost".

Have a great day, no need to beat this horse.

Dec 11, 2015, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: When you look at the photograph of the hooded fools it ]

Now that the poster deleted his comment I guess I need to clear up my comment since you can't see the original. I do not agree with the hyper sensitive racial groups. But the rest of my comment above still holds.

Dec 11, 2015, 10:55 AM [ in reply to When you look at the photograph of the hooded fools it ]

Unfortunately, we live in a time where everyone one is offended by everything we say or do. And social media now captures everything we say or do. Its a toxic combination.

These are 17-18 year olds clowning around, not thinking about what it might look like to others. This is goofy skit where knobs dress up like the ghosts of Christmas past and sing carols. If anything, it is poor judgment, but I think suspension and ANA demand for the president's resignation is an overreaction.

Dec 11, 2015, 10:59 AM

My personal opinion: Suspension of the students is not an over-reach. Firing of the President who did not condone and was not a part of the act is. Suspend the students. Let them learn their lesson (while it was stupid, I did a lot of stupid crap as a teenager so I can't throw stones). However, the President had nothing to do with this. Now if he would have been trying to sweep it under the rug that would be a different story.

This is a non story. And I'm sure those 7 knobs had other

Dec 11, 2015, 9:42 AM

things they wanted to do, bit when you have an upperclassmen saying wear all white and sing like a ghost then you do it.
The lesson here is people should stop posting all their #### on social media.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: ElCid is about to be up a creek without a paddle

Dec 11, 2015, 9:56 AM

Wah! Wah! Wah! Geez - the whiny babies are everywhere. I get so tired of all the ###### whining about every little thing. Can't we just move on and appreciate our beautiful country? No - we have to keep putting up with all the babies and their whining.

Dec 11, 2015, 10:08 AM

What's ironic is that during events like this, with the exception of the relatively small black activist / special interest groups, it's not the people who have been wronged who do most of the whining.

I hear the most griping from folks who are so entitled themselves that they scoff at the notion of anyone ELSE experiencing injustice. Usually, these folks can be seen screaming very loudly when any perceived equivalent slight on White America, Christian America, etc. takes place. It must be nice to be able to withstand such a seemingly endless amount of cognitive dissonance.

It's strange how the tone changes when YOU'RE A PART OF THE GROUP that feels disenfranchised.

Very accurate and well said!***

Dec 11, 2015, 11:53 AM

From my Army Days I Always Knew Those Guys Were

Dec 11, 2015, 12:24 PM

Pillow-Biters

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2015, 12:36 PM

This is a non story but the media is going to crazy this whole thing for clicks and dollars as usual. My neighbor is friends with one of the knobs in the pic. Absolutely nothing to do with race.

Dec 11, 2015, 12:44 PM

This was no doubt a stupid decision by the upperclassmen that did this, and it reflects very badly on The Citadel, but this is not the norm at the Citadel. The Cadets responsible for this will most likely be dismissed from school. This is unacceptable!

How can college students be this dumb?

Dec 11, 2015, 12:47 PM

Indefensible.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic