Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When they start talking about East Endzone plans, I can
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

When they start talking about East Endzone plans, I can

Jul 31, 2017, 9:19 PM

see a way they could do it very nicely without messing up the tradition of the hill and entrance. I can see a brick structure with columns that match the brick and concrete top columns that are already there. But I see a big three story structure that has that brick/glass look that is a traditional established look within the stadium already.

The building will have curved arches at the bottom and will be open through the arches. Bus arrivals and players arriving at the top of the hill will be clearly seen. The top of the arches will top out at about where the halfway mark of the scoreboard is now. At that height is where the building will begin and it will be about two or three stories up from there. It will include club suites and one level of outside seating like the westzone, but not as much. The Building will stretch from one side of the top of the hill to the other. There will be an outdoor zone like the westzone connecting the North and South stands. The east end will have video boards like the west end. In the most photographed area under the video boards, but above the hill and arches will be a nice curved brick wall matching the stadium brick around the field. The curved wall will give a bowl effect. Between the hill and student sections on the wall will list the two national championships and any other playoff teams stating whether that team was a semifinalist, or finalist. The curved wall between the hill and the north stands will list the conference championships and division titles.

The bus arrival and hill run will still be very front and center and prominent in this design. There will be no mistaking that the players are at the top of the hill running through the crowd and far, at least two stories below the above structure. I don't know how these championships will show up on this post. They could get all jumbled when I press post. I have put dots to keep that from happening, but it might still happen. Imagine tastefully done lettering on either curved wall the conference titles on the northeast curved wall and the the national titles on the southeast curved wall.

.............ACC Champions.....................National Champions 1981, National Champions 2016
.........1956, 1958, 1959, 1965,..........................National Finalist 2015
....1966, 1967, 1978, 1981, 1982, 1986
..1986, 1987, 1988, 1991, 2011, 2015, 2016

.......Atlantic Division Champions
.........2012, 2015, 2016

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Behind the curved walls in the wedges of the endzone the

Jul 31, 2017, 9:25 PM

building structure will go to the ground on either side framing the arches from the outside and providing entrances to the structure. From the inside of the stadium, it will be seen as part of the bowl and the walls facing inside are the walls that I mentioned the championships will be posted on.

Sorry if this is too much, but I'm in a room in which

Jul 31, 2017, 9:29 PM

"Bachelorette, The Men Tell All" is being watched and I am expected to be social in the room. Next week is the finale, like three hours. I might redesign the whole campus next Monday night.

Re: When they start talking about East Endzone plans, I can

Jul 31, 2017, 9:34 PM

Just set up some cameras outside the structure and film the buses arriving . No worries over if we can actually see the buses ...just broadcast it on our new 80 ft x 120 ft video board and the crowd goes wild !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

True, the current mystique of the buses is they can barely

Jul 31, 2017, 9:39 PM

be seen. There's just a hint of them that stirs the excitement. I completely agree with you there. In my design, the buses will still be just barely seen through the arches and under the structure.

Re: True, the current mystique of the buses is they can barely

Jul 31, 2017, 9:45 PM

I think they should arrive in chariots...that would be a lot of chariots. Maybe war wagons drawn by Clydesdales. Now that would draw some interest!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True, the current mystique of the buses is they can barely

Jul 31, 2017, 9:45 PM [ in reply to True, the current mystique of the buses is they can barely ]

Leave hill alone and build stands on top of west end zone and could wrap the west end zone with seats connecting north and south upper deck...close it in

They can't

Aug 1, 2017, 7:13 AM

The West Endzone wasn't constructed to be able to bear any additional structure on top of it.

The only way to add seating above it would be to tear it down a start over. That seems to have been the one major oversight they made as they rushed to get it underway.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2017, 9:39 AM

Why not build an East End Zone similar to the West End Zone but leave the hill like it is beneath it? And have a glass floor in it so the people in there can look straight down at the players as they prepare to run down the hill?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Picture

Aug 1, 2017, 9:53 AM

A picture is worth 1000 words but sounds feasible

Aug 1, 2017, 10:11 AM

A nice idea, but I'd hate to lose the view of Tillman and west campus if all of that were to go up. That's like the only part of the "old stadium" that's still left - the old Tiger on top of the scoreboard, Tillman and west campus visible in the background. I like it like it is.

I'm ok with not having the biggest stadium, as long as we continue to have the best fan base and a consistently elite team.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic