Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When it comes to our match with USuC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

When it comes to our match with USuC

Nov 6, 2013, 5:32 PM

Be advised that this isn't the same Clemson defense of past seasons. We will not be run on so easily. Just about all of USuC's receivers are short. We don't have to cover receiver's like FSU's that are 6'5". The only thing is USuC's gotta RB/WR in Davis...he's their work horse. Stop him, and their offense will probably sputter. That's what Spurrier would do if he wasn't so pass happy. He seems to have realized recently that the running game is their strength.

I think we can go toe to toe with these guys. It won't be easy, but I think if all of our guys stay healthy we have a good shot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

match ? are we talking football or soccer ? you are better

Nov 6, 2013, 5:38 PM

than this, tall_tiger_two. that's got to be one of those froidian slips. and yes, red squiggly lines are going haywire.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha, school is sucking the life out of me...I'm in full

Nov 6, 2013, 5:40 PM

zombie mode at the moment...

Forgot 2 More Chicken Players On Offense

Nov 6, 2013, 5:51 PM

Conner Shaw will run.....have to make him pay for that
each time. He may even hurt himself doing so...
who knows.

Dillon Thompson is more of a true passer but he also
will take off if need be.

Our defense will have to try to have multiple spies
to make sure their quarterbacks don't beat us by us
already having to deal with Davis. As for Davis
and as I have seen it will take more than one guy
to bring him down. Clemson is going to have to bring
it and be hitting on all cylinders on defense for this.

HAVE TO GET THIS RIGHT THIS TIME....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

When Thompson ran for 3rd and 18 and got it....

Nov 6, 2013, 11:02 PM

I nearly had a stroke. I'm assuming Shaw will start this year......clobber him and it's no contest. Tigers by 10....

$CU spread us out last year....

Nov 6, 2013, 5:43 PM

and beat us to death on third and long situations with delayed QB scrambles. When the defense finally managed to get a stop and get off the field, the officials bailed them out with bogus pass interference calls. That coupled with one of the worst offensive performances in Boyd's career, was recipe for disaster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: $CU spread us out last year....

Nov 6, 2013, 8:44 PM

Tajh has always played poorly against them, three years and counting. Honestly, the Chad has never been at his best against them either.

What about the three years before that?

Nov 6, 2013, 8:45 PM [ in reply to $CU spread us out last year.... ]

What happened in those games?

The three years before that we were 2-1...what's your point?***

Nov 6, 2013, 8:49 PM

What?***

Nov 6, 2013, 8:51 PM

Who?***

Nov 6, 2013, 8:52 PM

Several times they just threw a swing pass to the flat

Nov 6, 2013, 9:57 PM [ in reply to $CU spread us out last year.... ]

b/c no LB went out there to cover them.

But the passing on 3rd downs, with one 20+ yd run on 3rd and 19 -which was the play of the game- that killed us.

Just have to get more stops this yr.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But if you look at our O-line versus USuC's defensive......

Nov 6, 2013, 5:54 PM

front seven, we too are going to have a long day at the office.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, but USuC's LBs are extremely young...they've been

Nov 6, 2013, 5:57 PM

making critical mistakes here and there. If we can negate their D line's rush with quick slants and dumps out to the flats, maybe even a few screens...I think we can get the job done. The play calling will have to be some of Morris's best...

We will have to have a good plan to attack their linebackers

Nov 6, 2013, 6:00 PM

That seems to be their weakness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Game

Nov 6, 2013, 6:13 PM

This yr we will be able to run man with them on the outside, injuries forced us to run alot of zone last yr... Shaw is our biggest worry on defence and there front 4 vs our OL is it on Offense, Bc the past 2 yes we've had very little time to run our plays

Clemson's interior DL does a great job of

Nov 6, 2013, 9:00 PM

stopping the run up the middle. I agree Mike Davis will struggle to beat you there, but I still think you're susceptible to the off tackle runs.

Our WRs may be small, but those are the same WRs you couldn't cover last season.

That's true, Davis is just as good at receiving if he gets

Nov 6, 2013, 9:06 PM

open. Our LBs and safety play will have to be top notch.

Byrd is extremely fast and difficult to cover, but don't forget our secondary was severely depleted last year. And while it is still an area that needs improvement, I'd say we have a little more depth now at that spot. I expect the DB play to be better than last year.

I haven't seen anything from Blanks or Smith

Nov 6, 2013, 9:14 PM

that would show they are better than Meeks or Hall. Breeland is similar to Vic Hampton, both are studs but prone to mistakes. I'm not seeing the upgrade over last season.

Now our defense isn't as good as we were last season and that's most likely where the game is going to be decided. I don't see Clemson shutting down our offense, at the same time I'm not sure we can shut down your offense.

Kearse has been playing very well so far, he's second in

Nov 6, 2013, 9:24 PM

interceptions this season with a forced fumble and isn't even the starter. He does still make freshman mistakes, but he is playing better that Blanks right now. Venables seems to give receivers soft coverage but adjusts well. Any way you cut it, our defense is overall better. So I expect a better performance than last year...

I think this will be a higher scoring affair as well. What I want to see is the Chad remain true to the running game and not turn us into an air raid offense and set us in panic mode. More quick slants, dump offs to the flats and screens to take advantage of an aggressive Dline. Sitting in the pocket for an eternity is not a good idea...

You're right about running the ball

Nov 6, 2013, 9:47 PM

but I disagree on the flats, quick slants, etc in the passing game. We are an extremely physical defense which is why we've played so well against your more finesse offense. Our goal is to take away Boyd's first read and force him to check down. So far Boyd hasn't shown he can do that.

Your best pass plays have been the deep vertical routes such as Nuke's TD in 2010 and in 2012. Watkins had us beat in 2011 but dropped the ball. To beat our secondary your guys have to get off the press and get vertical.

I'm not a fan of the word finese because our skill positions

Nov 6, 2013, 10:13 PM

can only do so much. I'd say they play pretty physical when teams are pressing. As far as our O line, I give them a lot of flak simply because Tajh seems to constantly flee for his life. Now some of that IS due to poor Oline play but teams are getting blitz happy against Tajh lately and Tajh tries to do too much with he's feet at times resulting in sacks. Either his check downs aren't happening quick enough, his RB/TEs are missing blocks, or were missing a relief valve somewhere.

If Nuk were back this season, I'd be going into this game much more confident, but I still think our freshman are very talented. It's always going to be difficult to recreate the production of two starters in the NFL from last season.

Re: When it comes to our match with USuC

Nov 6, 2013, 9:33 PM

If our offense gets going early it could get ugly!

We tend to slump as a team effort. We'll see ...

Nov 6, 2013, 9:40 PM

When we're on, we're ON. When we're off, we are soooo effing off all over the board. Our ON has been missing in this game for about 4 or so years. Would love to see us turn it back ON this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bruce Ellington!

Nov 6, 2013, 10:57 PM

It seems like when the coots need a break, BE gets them off the hook. For all that is holy, cover him! And not with that soft zone garbage... Put our best man on him.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic