Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: For Cole Stoudt, a lot has changed in three years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: For Cole Stoudt, a lot has changed in three years

Apr 3, 2013, 11:35 AM

For Cole Stoudt, a lot has changed in three years

Cole Stoudt is no longer a wide-eyed recruit, and his newfound maturity is evident by his stellar spring. He credits working with his father, former NFL quarterback Cliff Stoudt. What did he say about a possible transfer? What does he say about his competition with Chad Kelly? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Competition breds motivation and progress

Apr 3, 2013, 11:40 AM

We have three very talented QBs that can step in and play. Cole has improved every year and I loved watching him run the second string last year in games. He seems to have just as much command of the offense as Tajh and that's saying something.

I remember the bc game

Apr 3, 2013, 11:45 AM

Like it was last week kid came in and did great.

Stoudt is the guy

Apr 3, 2013, 11:47 AM

The day I was there he was the better of the two hands down! No competition for the #2 spot. Should be a starter some where .

are you being serious?

Apr 4, 2013, 2:41 PM

I don't know...
but if Stoudt isn't 100% better than last year,we're in sad shape at number #2.
Listen, I'm pulling for him, but ya gotta think Kelly would be the future (or Watson)

My prediction

Apr 3, 2013, 11:50 AM

Dabo never names a #2 QB, but rather makes Kelly and Stoudt 2a and 2b. They alternate series' as backups or split time in some other way. This becomes the longest quarterback competition in history, with the 2014 starter not being named until 1 week before we play at UGA.

That;s very possible. They both have their strengths

Apr 3, 2013, 11:52 AM

Cole understands the offense better and I think his mechanics are a little better right now. Chad is more athletic so he runs the zone read and other running QB plays better.

I think that is very likely.***

Apr 3, 2013, 11:55 AM [ in reply to My prediction ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: A 2 QB System Would be Interesting After Boyd Leaves.***

Apr 3, 2013, 9:42 PM [ in reply to My prediction ]

Those almost never work***

Apr 4, 2013, 9:56 AM

Watson starts in 2014***

Apr 3, 2013, 9:57 PM [ in reply to My prediction ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can see that....agree***

Apr 4, 2013, 2:42 PM [ in reply to My prediction ]

Re: Front Page Story: For Cole Stoudt, a lot has changed in three years

Apr 3, 2013, 11:52 AM

When Boyd first got the starting job, I thought Stoudt was the better QB - made better, quicker reads - understood the O better, hit the open receivers better, and basically did everything better than Boyd. The ONLY problem was - Boyd had a cannon for an arm, and could hit those sideline patterns without having INT's. Stoudt just did not have the same arm strength as Boyd. Boyd finally got it together and stopped turning the ball over, so now he's great. Stoudt could have been just as great IMO. I've never changed my opinion of him and his talents. I regret that he couldn't start some games. A shame for sure.

Apr 3, 2013, 12:08 PM

not even in the same league talent wise..... imho.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're joking, right?

Apr 3, 2013, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: For Cole Stoudt, a lot has changed in three years ]

I love Cole...think he's gonna be the guy next year and I expect a lot out of him.

That being said, you REALLY think he was as good as Tajh as a true freshman? You think he would have won the ACC?

Not even in the same league....not now, and not then!

Go IPTAY!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, I would rather see Chad Kelly be the starter

Apr 3, 2013, 12:50 PM

in 2014. I just think he has more talent... and he certainly has more than enough confidence. I think Chad has a higher ceiling.

Re: Honestly, I would rather see Chad Kelly be the starter

Apr 3, 2013, 1:26 PM

Also has the chance to be a multi-year starter, so we wouldn't have to break in a starter 2 years in a row.

Apr 3, 2013, 1:40 PM

If Chad plays well enough to be the back-up this spring, why not redshirt Cole so he would be able to have two years to compete with Chad to see who would be the starter?

Apr 3, 2013, 3:42 PM

Deshawn Watson

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're joking, right?

Apr 3, 2013, 1:28 PM [ in reply to You're joking, right? ]

If you went to the Spring game in 2011 you would understand the earlier post. Tahj looked lost that day. Tahj obviously had the better arm but was making more mistakes. Cole looked good and I was not sure after the game that Cole would not utimately be the starter. The coaches knew better and we have all enjoyed watching Tahj play QB. Cole has a lot of talent also and I hope we are watching him lead the 2014 Tigers.

Apr 3, 2013, 1:32 PM

I think that's like how Morgan Roberts put up big numbers in last year's spring game, but he was clearly less gifted than the other QBs on the field

Deshaun Watson

Apr 3, 2013, 2:52 PM

Cole won't start this year or next! Deshaun is going to come in and upset the heart of both Chad and Cole.

Re: Deshaun Watson

Apr 3, 2013, 5:54 PM

Have you fallen and bumped your head. Watson has some talent, but he will have to wait his turn. Right no he is very green and way too skinny to start anytime soon

Paul Macko was the best spring game RB ever!!!***

Apr 4, 2013, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: You're joking, right? ]

Could not hold a handle to

Apr 4, 2013, 11:04 AM

Charley Hooks....

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Never heard of him.

Apr 4, 2013, 11:16 AM

Paul Macko probably ate him for breakfast.

Apr 5, 2013, 12:33 AM [ in reply to You're joking, right? ]

Hw won't do crap. You've got to be kidding.

(LMBO)

Apr 4, 2013, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: For Cole Stoudt, a lot has changed in three years ]

you're kidding, right...

Apr 5, 2013, 12:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: For Cole Stoudt, a lot has changed in three years ]

Rotally disagree. Stoudt will never be a top qb for us.
What has he done? He seems tentative and puny. Chad is by far the better talent.

He's my favorite player***

Apr 3, 2013, 12:07 PM

With the progress he's made I think it's possible

Apr 3, 2013, 12:49 PM

that in 2014 we have a true dual system with him and Chad. Not what I'd prefer, but hey it might work...

Re: With the progress he's made I think it's possible

Apr 3, 2013, 1:30 PM

I do not want to see a spurrier dual QB system. I want the best of the two period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've liked Cole since coaching against him

Apr 3, 2013, 3:39 PM

Coffman was my previous school's biggest rival. Cole was a good player and kid in high school. I was excited when he signed with Clemson and have been excited with his progress. He's certainly no Tajh, but he does provide depth. I am proud of him and wish him continued success. Go Tigers!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've liked Cole since coaching against him

Apr 3, 2013, 5:58 PM

agree and I think Cole is much better than ppl think. They will find out. Maybe sooner than we know. God forbid Boyd gets hurt , but you know every team will be out to take him out

One thing about Cole, he is a true Clemson man

Apr 3, 2013, 4:01 PM

Might stay in Clemson after he graduates...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Apr 3, 2013, 5:24 PM

We too deep Hey! Hey!

Re: One thing about Cole, he is a true Clemson man

Apr 4, 2013, 9:53 AM

Players Son...Great Coach maybe...I see a GA role as well

When he's been in, he's been shockingly good.

Apr 4, 2013, 12:57 PM

I hope that all of the backup QBs get to play the entire 2nd half of every game because we're so far ahead!

But if they don't........

Apr 4, 2013, 1:25 PM

Will you say it's because of poor coaching?

That would depend...

Apr 5, 2013, 11:43 AM

... on whether or not it was due to poor coaching.

For example, I complained about Napier's poor game planning and play-calling (and that it was a newbie mistake for Dabo to promote his buddy Napier). I was right and he got fired and hasn't been an OC since. Morris has done a great job since day 1, and I've never complained about him. (I loved watching his offense at Tulsa so I tuned into every Tulsa game that I could when he was OC there. I thought Morris was a good choice for OC... and I was right.)

Coaches can make mistakes and fans can point them out. It's OK to critique a coach. You don't HAVE to gush all over every coach and make excuses for them when they screw up. That's just the dominant mindset here on T-Net. It's not like that on other Clemson sports websites.

LOL. Seriously??

Apr 5, 2013, 6:26 PM

1) EVERY coach in America has made mistakes with assistants. Every single one of them. Please stop acting as if Dabo is the only guy to hire a guy he had to fire. Or are you really that ignorant?

2) You weren't "right" about Billy. That's comical. My freaking Grandmother, God rest her soul, could see we were lacking in the offensive creativity department.

3) You would have fired Dabo Swinney if you had your druthers. Just admit it.

4) You once said Jeff Scott was a poor coach because a gang of youth and misfits weren't playing up to your opinion based on stars. Yeah, we sure do suck at wide receiver now huh? Same coach.

5) Sure, it's okay to critique a coach - but it sure does help when you have at least somewhat of a clue what you're talking about. Your history speaks for itself. You don't have much of a clue.

6) The majority of Tigernetters don't want to fire a coach after every loss or even poor season? See 3 and 4 above. It's folks like you who make the most boneheaded comments of all.

7) YOU are not a good person to judge coaching. You really should stop trying.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic