Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Browns waive Connor Shaw
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Browns waive Connor Shaw

Jul 1, 2016, 8:49 AM

So long

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Browns waive Connor Shaw

Jul 1, 2016, 8:52 AM

Well, bye!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2016, 8:58 AM

When is the governor of SC declaring Connor Shaw Day?

but he's a Chanticleer at heart.***

Jul 1, 2016, 9:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 1, 2016, 9:33 AM

Browns have nothing so if you cant play there it doesn't bode well

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2016, 9:37 AM

Some of y'all are ridiculous. Kid just lost his job....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Jul 1, 2016, 9:57 AM

Amen. Just because he went to usc/gamecocks, don't wish the man bad luck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well.. putting clemson down will earn you

Jul 1, 2016, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Browns waive Connor Shaw ]

Some ill will from clemson fans.

If you put a$$ out you will get a$$ back

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Well.. putting clemson down will earn you

Jul 1, 2016, 11:23 AM

nah, you're right and while we're at it we should wish ill will to all usuck fans because they talk a little rivalry smack.

Do you have any friends that are usuck fans? I do, and we give each other sh!t all year and it's all in fun.

But hey, feel free to wish someone ill will because they attended our rival and talked some smack.

SMDH

Big difference between talking sh!t and wishing someone ill will in their private lives/career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I grew up in south carolina.. Im knee deep in scar friends

Jul 1, 2016, 1:49 PM

And relatives.

We rarely ever talk smack.

The majority of the smack talk I hear is from my georgia and Miami friends.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I have people in my family

Jul 1, 2016, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Well.. putting clemson down will earn you ]

That are coots and honestly, I can hardly stand to be around them since our football fortunes have turned upward. They are stupid, vile and bitter and again being honest, I'm embarrassed by them. I've reached a point in my life where I don't choose to be around people that attack and hate to their core that which is so much a part of my core. Clemson has done far more for me and my immediate family than these people that I happen to share a common lineage. The difference in me and my coot relations is I put all of my time and energy in loving my University while most of their's goes into hating mine.....

Jul 1, 2016, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Browns waive Connor Shaw ]

And another kid just earned a job.

Jul 1, 2016, 9:48 AM

Are we supposed to celebrate this? What's the point of your post?

Jul 1, 2016, 10:09 AM

I don't know why this is being celebrated so much. He's a good kid, just played for our rival.

Yep, he out competed us for years.

Jul 1, 2016, 10:22 AM

I was glad to see him graduate.

Re: Yep, he out competed us for years.

Jul 1, 2016, 10:24 AM

Oh yeah, me too. Hated him because we couldn't beat him, but respected the hell out of him. But he was a real football player. I'd take 85 scholarship guys with is attitude on my team.

Re: Yep, he out competed us for years.

Jul 1, 2016, 10:31 AM

Exactly. It's not a problem to "hate" them on the football field when they're playing your favorite team, but to carry that beyond the field & celebrate him losing his job is pretty low.

Well fgf did post some negative stuff about Boyd

Jul 1, 2016, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Browns waive Connor Shaw ]

when he got cut from the Canadian team, but i guess
we can be better than that. Both were good college
QBs and good guys; it's just hard to make it at the
next level. Beyond skill, it takes being in the
right place at the right time, a good situation, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2016, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Browns waive Connor Shaw ]

I don't think a "good kid" would tell a little boy he couldn't autograph his helmet because it was Clemson after the kid stood in line forever! A few minutes later, Sammy Watkins signed a gamecock helmet for a kid with nary a word!

Jul 1, 2016, 10:16 AM

Wasted talent...He will get picked up some where else...

Unfortunately, he and Boyd's style of offense doesn't translate well in the league....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

re

Jul 1, 2016, 10:35 AM

member the time ben boulware grabbed him by the cape and slung him all over he field?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

helluva competitor

Jul 1, 2016, 10:47 AM

I can't count the times I wish he would have spontaneously combusted while scrambling 16 yards for yet another first down. My fear is that he will get into coaching and come back to haunt us. So hope he makes it in the league.

Re: helluva competitor

Jul 1, 2016, 11:19 AM

Those 3rd down scrambles were devastating. Having DW4 do it for us feels fantastic, but I'll never forget the sinking feeling of watching Shaw pull the ball down and convert on 3rd & long time after time. :'(

When he and Boyd left for the NFL

Jul 1, 2016, 12:06 PM

I wondered why in the world teams wouldn't take either of them. I know their style isn't NFL. But I thought their style was "winning" and I would have taken either (and still would) over a lot of the "NFL" QBs that are on rosters

Shaw never had a chance too weak of an arm and lacked...

Jul 1, 2016, 2:12 PM

accuracy. Shaw was a product of the offense he was in in college. Shaw played in a ball control offense with a good oline and running game, and was rarely depended upon to have to pass to win a game. Put Shaw on our team during the same time period and he would have been below average, because at the time with our terrible oline play and terrible defense our QB had to produce in the passing game. Tajh had the arm, needed be accurate more consistently for the NFL, he needed to learn to read defenses better for the NFL level, and height was a knock against him which prevented NFL teams for giving him a chance to develop as a backup. If Tajh was 6'3" or above instead of 6" an NFL team would have given him more of a chance as a backup because Tajh had an NFL arm. Shaw with his speed could switch to WR or DB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Neither had a shot at the NFL***

Jul 1, 2016, 2:46 PM [ in reply to When he and Boyd left for the NFL ]

Gawd, please tell me he don't have any eligibility left...

Jul 1, 2016, 1:39 PM

he might just be the only thing that could stop us from an 18-peat at this point...

man was like a witch doctor or something.

I wish he did have eligibility left

Jul 1, 2016, 2:18 PM

I bet Carlos Watkins, Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence, Ben Boulware, etc. do too.

dat what de voodoo do mon...

Jul 1, 2016, 3:18 PM

make you thinking you want sum of dat...

Jul 1, 2016, 1:46 PM

I like Connor shaw. I know he's a coot but he played hard every game and was a major reason they had the success they did. Very different from a lot of their players. Putting him down is stupid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2016, 2:22 PM

Nothing personal, but signing his name on a Tiger helmet with the "state champions" was pretty classless. If you get cut from Cleveland, you must have really bricked the tryouts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahaha classless? Gimme a break.***

Jul 1, 2016, 2:25 PM

Re: Hahaha classless? Gimme a break.***

Jul 1, 2016, 2:26 PM

Yep classless. Do I need to say it again?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2016, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Hahaha classless? Gimme a break.*** ]

Being a coot, you probably thought it was cool, huh. ;)

Jul 1, 2016, 2:36 PM
image.png(175.3 K)

I can see it on a coot helmet but signing that on a Clemson helmet. Glad to see his bald butt get cut by the worse football team in the NFL.

Jul 1, 2016, 2:57 PM

In fairness whoever did this had it coming to them. You don't exactly ask the best QB in your rivals history to sign your teams helmet.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 1, 2016, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Browns waive Connor Shaw ]

Why, as a Clemson fan, would someone ask a South Carolina player to sign a Clemson helmet? On top of that, if you decide you want a Gamecock to sign a helmet, you can get angry when they decide to screw with you a little. This was a playful jab...not worth getting angry about.

Jul 1, 2016, 2:57 PM

can't get angry**

Jul 1, 2016, 3:18 PM

It wasn't my helmet, and I just said it was classless, which it was.

Jul 1, 2016, 3:43 PM

I was saying "you" in a general sense, wasn't meaning it was yours.

I don't think it's classless at all. Someone asked him to sign his rival's helmet, and he had a little fun with it.

well bye

Jul 1, 2016, 3:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrEwCa8nSA

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Signed by the bears.***

Jul 1, 2016, 5:20 PM

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: Signed by the bears.***

Jul 2, 2016, 7:29 AM

Yep, and we want all of our youth to have jobs so they can pay for our social security

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic