Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When does everyone start hating us?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

When does everyone start hating us?

Dec 4, 2017, 9:42 AM

Overall I think most fanbases like Clemson (other than the obvious- coots, ohio st). Last year I would say unless you were an Bama or Coot fan, you were probably pulling for Clemson to beat Bama. So when do we become the most hated? It happens when you countinue to win you become the most hated... After this year if we win it all again? After next year when we are back in it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When does everyone start hating us?

Dec 4, 2017, 9:44 AM

As soon as they perceive us a bigger threat than Bama and OSU. (i.e. "soon")

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 9:49 AM

I really think we are there now, but so many are in denial, and they don't realize it, or they can't face that fact, yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 9:53 AM

Yeah, I think we're already "there".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one thing we have going for us is a coach who is likable. Saban hasnt enough personality to like, Spurrier was arrogance personified, Paterno was funny looking and deserving, Meyer is a bit odd... They will hate us, but so long as our team personality and coaching staff (and fan base) remain humble we will not be as hated as some of the more successful programs - 'cept by the coots.

Just go to the NCAA trash talk Facebook pages and you'll see it's already started. I think mostly not hated but everyone wanted Clemson to lose because they didn't want to face them in the playoffs. It's a great time to be a Clemson Tiger. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 10:08 AM

Sadly, I've lived in Louisiana for more than 20 years now (though born and raised in SC), but I'll tell you that a lot of people here pull for Clemson all things being equal, especially against Alabama. Back home you get a skewed perspective about SEC fans because of the coots, because the coots do all of this SEC! rah-rah stuff because they can't win anything themselves. I know a lot of Auburn, LSU, Bama, and Mississippi State fans out here, and they are not like that as a rule. They all (except Bama fans) hate Alabama though, and we get a lot of love from them when playing Alabama. I had dozens of fans of those schools last year tell me they were pulling for us in the NC game. They don't pull for Bama just because they are in the SEC - far from it. You probably saw the attached picture last year, but it was taken in Baton Rouge after the game. That's the prevailing sentiment. It's not hatred for us because we are in another conference.

I'll also say people I meet do seem to like and respect Dabo a lot. They aren't jealous like coot fans, and are a lot more rational. Maybe because old-time SEC fans actually know something about football and can appreciate a good team and good coaches, as opposed to the losing coots.

All in all, we have haters, sure, but there are lot of people who are in our corner because we continue to knockoff "evil empire" teams such as Bama and OSU.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's already starting.***

Dec 4, 2017, 9:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Dec 4, 2017, 10:12 AM

Winners......You either love or hate them!

Those fans who think Bama got in through the back door

Dec 4, 2017, 10:16 AM

are pulling for us. However, I do see more general negativity since Clemson has become prominent on the national stage. The main difference is Dabo--most find him likable, but dislike Saban, Meyer...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic