Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jake Bentley's Dad at USC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Jake Bentley's Dad at USC

Aug 18, 2019, 4:47 PM

Back to High School coaching by Jan 2020. Bentley, Bentley and Feaster can coach at Irmo HS next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once Feaster isn't held back by politics and can take

Aug 18, 2019, 4:52 PM

the majority of the snaps leaving the current coot senior RBs on the bench watching in awe, he will show the NFL scouts that he is an every down back, and team means nothing when you score at will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Once Feaster isn't held back by politics and can take

Aug 18, 2019, 5:10 PM

It is a real shame when "the man" keeps a guy down

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Once Feaster isn't held back by politics and can take ]

The only "politics" I saw holding him back were called Etienne and Dixon. If you run well enough, politics don't matter.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2019, 6:17 AM

The other side of the politics that held him back was the fact that he shys from contact & plays at 3/4 speed in traffic. Unless he changes that mentality he won’t be any different as a RB anywhere he plays.

To reference political reasons as why he didn’t start at Clemson is totally asinine. It doesn’t get any more touchy than being an in-state high school hero that gets beat out at an in-state school. Anybody that’s got sense enough to breathe on their own can see he wasn’t the best back on the team & that’s why he didn’t start

When breathing on your own -

Aug 20, 2019, 11:05 AM

open-mouth or mouth closed ?

It matters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Aug 19, 2019, 5:45 AM [ in reply to Once Feaster isn't held back by politics and can take ]

Lord knows there are no politics in Chicken-town (ref. the recent Prez search).

Aug 19, 2019, 6:08 AM [ in reply to Once Feaster isn't held back by politics and can take ]

^^^^

Aug 19, 2019, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Once Feaster isn't held back by politics and can take ]

You might be correct in that TF will get more carries at UofSuc, but ETN had more yards LAST YEAR than TF had in his entire CLEMSON career (3 years 221+ 669 + 440 = 1330 vs ETN in 2018 had 1658). Not sure if TF is going to break into the 1,000 yard club this year though. I hope you're right and TF does great (except against us), but I have serious doubts due to his inability to make those cuts that I see others make. He seems to be a straight ahead type of runner, and the UofSuc Oline has to make some holes for him or he will fail. I think he chose badly going to UofSuc.

Aug 19, 2019, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Once Feaster isn't held back by politics and can take ]

I doubt Tavien Feaster ever had an everyone gets a trophy mentality. Disappointing where he landed, but he took care of his business.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2019, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Once Feaster isn't held back by politics and can take ]

What? Not sure if this is sarcasm, Feaster is a nice north-south runner, but ET and Dixon are much better running backs. That’s why feaster was the third team back, and that’s why he’s playing for a crap team now. One thing I can say for Dabo, he always plays the best player, no matter how painful it is

Re: Jake Bentley's Dad at USC

Aug 18, 2019, 5:13 PM

Dude seems to be obsessed with coaching high school

Aug 18, 2019, 5:39 PM

I hope not.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a miracle so many of Bobby Bentley's stepsons

Aug 18, 2019, 6:31 PM

became NCAA athletes. Didn't need to recruit any of them. It just happened.

Re: It's a miracle so many of Bobby Bentley's stepsons

Aug 19, 2019, 8:26 AM

I only know of one. Chase Dodd. He played QB at Rutgers. Who are these others you speak of?

Aug 19, 2019, 6:34 PM

1 was/is a QB at Old Dominion, he did turn Byrnes into a national power by emphasizing: off season weight training(using the latest concepts), 7on7 summer leagues, passing the playbook to the feeder schools, & the spread offense. Big16 bottom dweller before arrival-

that's how my high school team

Aug 19, 2019, 6:50 PM

got so good. when I was in rec league we ran a dumbed down version of what the high school was running, so by the time we got there we already knew the basics. so the coaches just immediately put in the advanced stuff more or less. i think we went 42-6 while I was in school.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2019, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: It's a miracle so many of Bobby Bentley's stepsons ]

"Stepsons".... The only step son I knew about was Dodd. The other were Bentley's kids and therefore not stepsons. Shuler was a OD, Jake is at SC. My question was in reference to the step son statement.

Aug 20, 2019, 11:13 AM

I thought at one point he had a stepson play for App St.

Aug 18, 2019, 8:45 PM

hasn't he been doing that for 4 years?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s been rec league***

Aug 19, 2019, 5:53 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2019, 6:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Jake Bentley's Dad at USC ]

yes

Having played for a rival school in Region II 5A (Region II

Aug 20, 2019, 11:22 AM

4A until 3 years ago), and having 2 sons who played or play for the same school now, I'm certainly no Byrnes fan. That said, and being in the area all these years, I've followed Byrnes since Bo Corne was coach. I'm no Bentley fan either, for several reasons, but he made a national power out of the Rebels, playing, and beating, teams from Florida, Ohio, California, and I don't remember where all, in the process.

The guy can coach, and Muschump is an idiot for not having him as OC. Coaching RBs is criminal underutilization of his ability. Chris Miller took over for Bentley at Byrnes and was able to win because of the 'Bentley residual effect', but he's not having such a good time of it at Spartanburg, which tells me Bentley's effect lasted long after he was gone.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic