Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA reverses Clemson uniform ruling
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,398

NCAA reverses Clemson uniform ruling

Aug 10, 2009, 11:30 PM

NCAA reveres Clemson uniform ruling

The NCAA reversed a ruling from earlier on Monday that stripped Clemson of two of its 29 preseason practices, giving the Tigers their full complement of practices before the season begins. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When are we getting out of this joke of a conference?

Aug 11, 2009, 12:32 AM

To all the conspiracy naysayers: How much more proof do you need?

I don't think we can get out of the NCAA!***

Aug 11, 2009, 8:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will share with you my words wisdom that have served me

Aug 11, 2009, 8:29 AM [ in reply to When are we getting out of this joke of a conference? ]

well over the years. When situation plays out to give a choice between conspiracy or incompetence, bet on incompetence every time.

The ACC is not out to get us, but are merely a bunch of numbnut incompetents ;)

Re: I will share with you my words wisdom that have served me

Aug 11, 2009, 8:32 AM

No doubt Swoffie has competence issues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When are we getting out of this joke of a conference?

Aug 11, 2009, 8:30 AM [ in reply to When are we getting out of this joke of a conference? ]

I believe this is an NCAA issue, not an ACC one, but the ACC sure needs some improvement from Swoffy as its head. He has not been good for Clemson nor the rest of the conference, except the NC basketball schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the fact that the ACC first said we had to start over..

Aug 11, 2009, 8:42 AM

our acclimation period, meaning that we wouldn't be able to practice in pads anymore for another few practices. Dabo had to appeal to the NCAA because that would've been extremely detrimental. The NCAA then decided to let us cancel 2 practices but still have walk-throughs.

The ACC could have researched the situation and could have seen that every other team in the conference just about, including UNC and Duke, were wearing the exact same thing. This could have been a non-issue from the beginning had the ACC not been quick to pull the trigger. Had this been UNC, I have a feeling that the proper research would have been done, and the issue would have been taken care of behind closed doors.

The ACC started it....they imposed the first sentence, then

Aug 11, 2009, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: When are we getting out of this joke of a conference? ]

the NCAA stepped in and reduced it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

where would you have us go?***

Aug 11, 2009, 8:37 AM [ in reply to When are we getting out of this joke of a conference? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Realistically, there isn't anywhere at this moment. But...

Aug 11, 2009, 8:47 AM

You never know what kind of opportunity we will have in 10 years or so. I wouldn't be surprised if college football created some 16 team super-conference type deal in the South.

Think if the SEC added Clemson, FSU, Miami, and Ga Tech. (or Va Tech) I'm not saying something like this would happen, but the first chance we have to get out, we need to take it.

Let my people go!***

Aug 11, 2009, 1:36 PM

Moses?***

Aug 11, 2009, 4:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,398
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic