Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"When a win feels like a loss..."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

"When a win feels like a loss..."

Nov 25, 2018, 10:00 PM

This headline is driving this issue and it came from ONE disgruntled fan standing off to the side while a GROUP of Clemson fans celebrated. Unfortunately, the minority gets the headline. This is typical of reporting today on the national scene, but disappointing to see it from one of our own.
My opinion, the headline creates the picture that this statement represented the majority Clemson fan base last night and it didn't. It then gets pushed in front of our coach.

Concern about pass defense - yes. Much different than feeling like a loss.

Most fans stayed to the end last night to enjoy five in a row. As the last seconds ticked off last night, the cheering Tiger fans didn't give the impression the win felt like a loss.

Maybe David felt like the one disgruntled fan instead of the group of Clemson fans celebrating near by.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've suffered a few losses to SC

Nov 25, 2018, 10:10 PM

and none of them felt as good as last night did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree. Upvoted it. But the buzz is not from that

Nov 25, 2018, 10:11 PM

comment, or from the fact that it was reported. It is coming from the fact that a coach who gets paid more in a month than most people do in 10 years said maybe he needs to be somewhere else, and that some people pissed in their pants when he said it.

I think he should be asked to walk that comment back, and I think he should.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Listen to Dabo

Nov 25, 2018, 10:17 PM

That's not at all what he says. If you listen, you can clearly tell he's talking about the fans/writers need to look at other programs. Jump off the bandwagon.

Dabo is VERY clear that he does not want this perfectionist mentality to be part of Clemson; his program.

Upvoted. Yes, I would like to think that this is the Dabo

Nov 25, 2018, 10:49 PM

I think I know.

But if that is the case, why have the perfectionist mentality about the fans? Let them be imperfect too, eh? Threatening to leave is very strong language, and for a guy who was given a HC job when no one else even knew who he was, that's a short memory. If he thought about it for 15 seconds he would know that no coach anywhere has the support he does, and that fans who pay for a $7 million salary can be forgiven for saying that 600 yds is a bit much. If imperfection is allowed, he can speak more accurately too, no?

Dabo will never have to pay 5 figures for the right to pay 4 figures for a ticket to see a game. And thats okay. But he can let a few comments go without threatening to leave, I think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo didn't threaten to leave

Nov 25, 2018, 11:29 PM

If you hear his comments in full, it will ease your mind.

He's saying the "fans" who are unhappy with 12-0 should leave; not that he's going to bolt.

You are factually incorrect. Here are his words.

Nov 25, 2018, 11:34 PM

"I just want to win by one more point. If that ever gets to where that is not enough, it is definitely time for me to move on to somewhere else."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. He was talking about what fans think. Actually, he

Nov 25, 2018, 11:48 PM

wasn't even talking about that, but about what one fan was reported to have said. Dabo needs to back off that comment, imo.

Re: Totally agree. Upvoted it. But the buzz is not from that

Nov 25, 2018, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Totally agree. Upvoted it. But the buzz is not from that ]

I'm sure he would like to walk that comment back, but the amount of $ he makes should have nothing to do with it

I see that point, but you and I will likely just disagree on

Nov 25, 2018, 10:41 PM

that for this reason:

The money that pays the obscene and unjustified salaries comes from the over the top emotions generated by the sport. People care so much about what kids do on the field that they will donate 5 and 6 figures for the right to buy tickets that then cost 4 figures. If we simply enjoyed watching football, the money generated would pay coaches what the position is worth, something in 6 figures, not multi 7.

If one accepts the multi 7 figures, one accepts the over the top emotions that generate that money. You can't say, "Hell, I'm oughta here!" To where, exactly?

Re: "When a win feels like a loss..."

Nov 25, 2018, 10:19 PM

There were some drunk Tiger fans posting the same thing on this site. It wasn't one fan. People were freaking. I wasn't, but donors and long time members were saying some crazy stuff.

Nov 25, 2018, 10:41 PM

A journalist doesn't have to put what a few drunks, etc. say or post, unless they want to get notoriety.

Nov 25, 2018, 10:50 PM

I may be in the minority on this one , but I can both celebrate a big win and a great accomplishment AND feel as though we played very poorly in some aspects .
We did . Our defensive game was off . Tip my hat to 5-Head and also go throw confetti over my head celebrating a perfect season .
Article was just an article .

DB23

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic