Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When UNC gets the death penalty, Clemson should insist
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

When UNC gets the death penalty, Clemson should insist

Jun 12, 2014, 9:50 AM

that an additional year of punishment be levied.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When UNC gets the death penalty, Clemson should insist

Jun 12, 2014, 9:52 AM

Here Here

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I firmly believe nothing close to that will happen to...

Jun 12, 2014, 9:58 AM

any of the big five conference schools, ever. There's just too much money at stake for the others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I firmly believe nothing close to that will happen to...

Jun 12, 2014, 10:19 AM

I agree '88.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh ye of little faith --- We can hope, can't we?***

Jun 13, 2014, 2:34 AM

Jun 12, 2014, 10:41 AM

Sadly, nothing more than a slap on the wrist will happen to them.
It's hypocrisy at its best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol.....good'un!***

Jun 12, 2014, 10:56 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should also demand removal of Swoffie as a co-conspirator.

Jun 12, 2014, 10:57 AM

An investigation of his involvement with Raycom should be conducted as well.

And how about death for Duke too just because they're close.***

Jun 12, 2014, 10:57 AM

anothter subscriber to the 'extra year' myth?

Jun 12, 2014, 7:40 PM

blaming Swofford and UNC for something that ACC faculty reps, not ADs voted on?

why do so many here cling to the "legend?" with no facts to back it up?

...I almost have to assume that the legend of Swofford and the extra year is just that... a legend

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/What-happened-Swofford-extra-year-10615&nextbox=1

can anyone provide any facts or real evidence?

Re: anothter subscriber to the 'extra year' myth?

Jun 12, 2014, 8:24 PM

I can provide you with a TD.

Did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Uh...no you can't. You aren't a donor, you cannot TD.***

Jun 13, 2014, 8:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Sorry, I had failed to realize that UNC adores Clemson***

Jun 13, 2014, 2:36 AM [ in reply to anothter subscriber to the 'extra year' myth? ]

Jun 13, 2014, 6:00 AM [ in reply to anothter subscriber to the 'extra year' myth? ]

That's even more reason to add an extra year (or 2) to any penalty coming to unc. Clemson's penalty was based on recruiting violations, unc's involves academic fraud, something that should be near and dear to the faculty reps. Let's push for 2 extra years.

Jun 13, 2014, 10:10 AM [ in reply to anothter subscriber to the 'extra year' myth? ]

Being one of those old enough to remember this taking place, John Swofford, who was then A.D. at UNC led a group of five ADs. in the ACC to go before the ACC presidents at their meeting and demand that Clemson get an extra years probation above the two years imposed by the NCAA.This is why most most Clemson fans do not like Swofford and want to see UNC receive equal treatment from the NCAA.However, it will never happen

any real evidence?

Jun 13, 2014, 11:05 AM

i was a student at UNC at the time. i never heard about the claimed Swofford involvement until i moved to Clemson.

how do you know this:

"John Swofford, who was then A.D. at UNC led a group of five ADs. in the ACC to go before the ACC presidents at their meeting and demand that Clemson get an extra years probation above the two years imposed by the NCAA"

happened? i've searched and searched and i've seen lots of second-and-third-heresay claims, but nothing approaching any kind of real evidence

compare your statement with what the Maryland AD (who actually was there) at the time says:

"...Dull, who served as the University of Maryland’s Athletic Director from 1981-86. He was a treasure trove of information, and once again, his response was an unexpected one.

When I introduced myself and postulated the story idea of Swofford’s involvement in the extra year, he actually laughed before explaining some of what went down.

“You have to understand that John and I were both very new to our roles and very young at that time,” Dull said. “We were in a group of older, more experienced men, and I doubt that either one of us would have ever spoken up on something like this or tried to run the show. I think either one of us would have been too afraid to do something like that. That just didn’t happen.”

Re: any real evidence?

Jun 13, 2014, 11:14 AM

Oh so you're saying that the guy who did it tells people he didn't do it .
Hmm.
Did UNCheat invent this diversionary tactic as well ?
I am not gonna lie , that is clever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: any real evidence?

Jun 13, 2014, 11:18 AM

@soccerkrzy -

If dreams are reality and results are imagined then my goal is to imagine the dream that results in reality.

DB23

what?

Jun 13, 2014, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: any real evidence? ]

Dull was at MD, supposedly one of the two schools whose faculty reps voted (or abstained and were counted as 'no') against the extra year

how do you come up with 'he did it?'

do you not believe Tim Bourret, either?

Clemson Sports Information Director Tim Bourret... When I posed the question to him about Swofford’s involvement,...he told me that he did not remember in any shape, form or fashion Swofford being involved in the extra year,

Re: When UNC gets the death penalty, time will stop***

Jun 13, 2014, 4:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2014, 6:13 AM

Nah, one year is not enough! At least 2 extra years. And they will get the death penalty when pigs fly. This is one of those teachable moments...life just isn't fair all the time!

"We insist that UNC be hanged by the neck until dead, and

Jun 13, 2014, 9:05 AM

then buried, and then dug up and hanged again. sincerely, dan radakovich"

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic