Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At what point in the last drive against LSU did....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

At what point in the last drive against LSU did....

Jan 19, 2013, 12:36 AM

...anyone think we were actually going to win it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At what point in the last drive against LSU did....

Jan 19, 2013, 12:38 AM

when Humphries caught the pass and got inside the 20

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..exact same thing here......***

Jan 19, 2013, 12:39 AM

Jan 19, 2013, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Re: At what point in the last drive against LSU did.... ]

I felt really good after the pass to Ford for 18-20 yards to get down around the 30 or so. It was a great back-shoulder catch on another pinpoint pass from Tajh. It put us in FG range with around 37seconds left.

hope began ringing after the 4th and 16

Jan 19, 2013, 12:57 AM

and it was ringing loud here with everyone on their feet and glued to the tele

Re: hope began ringing after the 4th and 16

Jan 19, 2013, 2:09 AM

I actually thought we was going to win it when Tajh and Nuk made the 4th/16. LSU D was out of Gas, and Tajh was on it. I knew that Cat Man would be good for 50 in a dome. I kinda knew it was ours on the big 4th down play.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, converting 4th and 16 made me a believer

Jan 19, 2013, 1:07 PM [ in reply to hope began ringing after the 4th and 16 ]

Also while holding my 9yr. old granddaughter who is a die hard Tiger, and praying, "Dear Lord please let her get a win." Praise the Lord, my prayer was answered! Hugs galore!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said, abq. Same here.***

Jan 19, 2013, 1:02 AM

Jan 19, 2013, 1:07 AM

oh, most definitely after the epic 4th down conversion!
it had the feel of those two Giants Super Bowl victories over the Patriots [for me]. on each of those final drives, after Eli's completions to Tyree and Manningham, i just KNEW that the tide had turned, despite the Giants yet needing to cover a lot of turf. same thing on New Year's Eve, baby! there was a feeling of inevitability after Nuk's sliding catch...for me... :)

Jan 19, 2013, 2:13 AM

Yep, that play took all the win/wind out of LSU's sails. They knew it was over also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 and 16 catch by Nuk. After that conversion no way we

Jan 19, 2013, 1:19 AM

were going to be stopped. I was laughing about how we were basically getting a timeout every down, due to LSU players lying/laying down. Especially, in regards to Sam Montgomery and Poppa Loston!

C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-R-S, Fight Tigers, Fight Tigers, Fight Tigers, Fight!!!

when the fg split the uprights

Jan 19, 2013, 2:11 AM

the auburn game from a few years ago was still haunting me..

Just that feeling

Jan 19, 2013, 2:18 AM

I saw it in Boyd's eyes when he took the field. When I saw his eyes on TV they were emotionless and ice cold. I knew at the point that he was in the zone. Never in my years of watching football have I got chills when seeing a Clemson QB taking the field on a drive to win the game. I will say when it came down to 4th I knew it looked bad but watch the replay of the game and tell me Tajh was not ready for that. It was like it was the first play of the game to him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just that feeling

Jan 19, 2013, 2:25 AM

it wasnt tajh that worried me

i had no doubt that he would lead us down the field especially after the 4 and 16

as soon as we converted that i just started getting flashbacks of the auburn fg

it was all whether or not catman made the kick in my eyes and i was nervous till it went through

catman had a great year and is a great kicker and i had no reason to doubt him in that situation i was just a being p***y i guess lol

but in the end it went through and i went nuts with joy

I had a flashback (in a good way) to the aTm game here

Jan 19, 2013, 4:30 AM [ in reply to when the fg split the uprights ]

it was a gr8 feeling

Early in the fourth quarter.

Jan 19, 2013, 4:37 AM

After that I never doubted we would win. We trounced LSU's defense and had them on their knees the entire quarter.

The only thing that surprised me during the fourth was that LSU's D held up so well for so long. I don't think I've seen a defense play with that much heart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whether it was because I wanted the win or believed we

Jan 19, 2013, 4:51 AM

needed the win, I couldn't believe we would be stopped with that 4th and 16. Thus, once converted, I actually believed we would go the distance. Of course, when the ball sailed through the uprights, I needed no more convincing. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Early to bed, early to rise...

Jan 19, 2013, 5:04 AM

and your wife goes out with other guys."

lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good morning, CT1988....I was happy when you began

Jan 19, 2013, 5:55 AM

posting again, as it seemed like an old friend had been away. Glad you completed your move successfully, then got set up for more TNet activities. Your posts yesterday about your struggles and ordeals were inspirational, and IMO a MUST read for any person, young or old who faces daunting challenges...and I admire you for your courage and tenacity. I salute you.

As to my nocturnal habits, I like to rise around 4 a.m. daily...however, I'm being to wonder if I shouldn't try to go to bed before 11 p.m. Thank God for strong coffee! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are too kind, hartins.

Jan 19, 2013, 8:22 AM

I didn't really miss T-Net that much while I wasn't able to participate in these discussions. When I'm here a lot you can bet I've nothing else worth doing.

Somehow I've gotten my sleeping pattern all messed up. I might stay up all night and watch old movies on TV then sleep 2 to 12 hours during the daylight. It's a sign of something deeply wrong in my life I just can't put my finger on it. There's something wrong with an old man who wishes for desolation.

Being alone here on a mountain and being rained in for the last two or three weeks has given me plenty of time to reflect on how good God has been to me throughout this life.

There's something about not working that denies me of the desire to rest/sleep while making me lazy at the same time. I feel like I'm in the wrong body sometimes.

Jan 19, 2013, 5:38 AM

4th and 16.

Jan 19, 2013, 5:48 AM

when we converted 4th and 16.

Good morning, Bro....How's everything going with your

Jan 19, 2013, 5:59 AM

recovery? I'm glad the operation is over and hope you won't push yourself too much.

Re: Good morning, Bro....How's everything going with your

Jan 19, 2013, 6:01 AM

a day at a time!

Jan 19, 2013, 6:03 AM

When this happened.
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13407881

When LSU threw every pass incomplete on their final

Jan 19, 2013, 7:31 AM

possesion.They deserved to lose after that horrible play calling.

They hadn't much luck running the ball the entire 4th qtr.

Jan 19, 2013, 8:25 AM

We'd held them to -6 yrds before that last first down completion of 7 yrds or so.

I think Les made the right calls and our D ends just read the plays and cut off the passing lanes. If you'll review that series I think you'll agree.

Even if they didn't gain a yard,we would have had to burn

Jan 19, 2013, 9:18 AM

our timeouts up.

Re: Even if they didn't gain a yard,we would have had to burn

Jan 19, 2013, 11:54 AM

I don't know if it would have mattered. Clemson still had two timeouts left when they got to the LSU 20.

Nuk's catch on 4th and 16...

Jan 19, 2013, 8:25 AM

No doubt it wasprobably the biggest sigh of relief ever heard throughout Tiger Nation!

Re: Nuk's catch on 4th and 16...

Jan 19, 2013, 8:33 AM

I could see it coming early. The other tigers were dragging late in the game and the real Tigers were ready and able to make that last drive. Hats off to the excellent SandC staff at Clemson. They helped us win a very, very big game against that conference that is so well loved!!!!

Just so glad to see us doing it to somebody that mattered...

Jan 19, 2013, 8:51 AM

Instead of getting it 'Done to'.

I was there in the 80s when all you asked was ball possesion on final drive with a little time left on the clock. (Needed a little more time with our run game.) You could sense the fear of the other teams. They knew what was coming and could NOT stop it.

Same feeling to end 2012. And it felt goooooood.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Tajh hit Ford going out of bounds inside the 30...

Jan 19, 2013, 9:33 AM

"OMG, We're gonna win this thing!!"

Jan 19, 2013, 10:58 AM

When the drive STARTED!!!

1:49 on the clock, and all three timeouts, and Tajh at the helm??

Please!! It was sealed, when the drive started.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the 2nd big catch by Hopkins

Jan 19, 2013, 11:03 AM

not even the 4th and 16 conversion convienced me,yet.

Hail Mary on 4th and 16.......***

Jan 19, 2013, 11:25 AM

Felt really good when nuke caught the outroute at the 27

Jan 19, 2013, 12:08 PM

and when 16 caught the slant at the 17 I just knew, So cool.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Re: Felt really good when nuke caught the outroute at the 27

Jan 19, 2013, 12:13 PM

Same point for me. I'd say after Nuk's catch inside the 25 our chances were 65% (in my mind). Then after Humphries catch I was 80% sure. When LSU let us bleed the clock to make it a last play I was 85-90% sure. I was concerned about us kicking it to them the way our coverage had been that night.

I have to admit, I felt good when Ford caught that ball, but

Jan 19, 2013, 12:29 PM

I wasn't all in until the kick left Catman's foot. I think I have been Bowdenized over the past 15 years.....

When Catman hit the FG.

Jan 19, 2013, 12:31 PM

I've had my heart ripped out so many times watching Clemson football, that I couldn't be more than cautiously optimistic until we actually won.

When our offense took the field***

Jan 19, 2013, 12:37 PM

Seriously, when Humphries got us down inside the 20.

And, when LSU defenders were dropping like flies.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

When we crossed midfield.***

Jan 19, 2013, 12:57 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um, 4th and 16. Next Question.***

Jan 19, 2013, 1:13 PM

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic