Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When I was at Clemson, I used to love
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

When I was at Clemson, I used to love

May 7, 2013, 12:18 PM

to stop through the Fernow Street Cafe between classes and get a cup of coffee and bite to eat!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Those burgers.

May 7, 2013, 12:18 PM

####

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bacon, egg, and cheese between morning classes***

May 7, 2013, 12:25 PM

^^^^This

May 7, 2013, 12:29 PM

is what I got with my coffee!!!

Re: When I was at Clemson, I used to love

May 7, 2013, 12:30 PM

... walking across the freshly mowed Bermuda grass on Bowman Field on an early summer day.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sights are better mid afternoon***

May 7, 2013, 12:43 PM

May 7, 2013, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: When I was at Clemson, I used to love ]

that very distinctive smell of boxwoods as I passed by the Calhoun mansion and think about the history associated with that home.

walking across the freshly mowed grass on Bowman....

May 7, 2013, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: When I was at Clemson, I used to love ]

any day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Strawberry shake from the Ag Bldg.*****

May 7, 2013, 12:59 PM

Good Summers

May 7, 2013, 1:29 PM

Eating at the Subway next to TD's.

Bowling shooting pool and playing arcade games down stairs
in that place, in the corner below of the courtyard, across the street from Johnstone.

Again across the street from Johnstone:
Upstairs across the courtyard from the bowling alley and arcade there was sometimes free doughnuts night from the cafeteria at 11pm.

getting a shake at ag building and

May 7, 2013, 1:34 PM

taking it into my Risk Management class that they put over there. Guess Sirrene was full. Learned about adverse selection I did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2013, 1:35 PM

getting fresh ice cream from the P&A building

May 7, 2013, 1:41 PM

drinking beer at Y Beach and Hanover House. Budweiser would pull the beer wagon in and the party was on! The 70's were wunnerful! In a lot of ways. We were much more mature then...lol.

sausage+egg+cheese+mayo+white bread

May 7, 2013, 2:28 PM

in the canteen before they made it all fancy like.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

May 7, 2013, 4:18 PM

watching the new fangled "music videos" in the Logia, having a beer at Edgar's, playing quarters at "The College Station" on 25cent Wiedemann night, 35cent can beer night at Bullwinkle's, waking up Saturday morning on gameday

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2013, 7:41 PM

to help the other cadets build the campfires for cooking, load the ole kettle pot with fresh squirrels or rabbits killed on the campus, and pull up a stump for vittles and relaxing before retiring to the camp tents. On cold nights we just pulled up an extra hound dog or two to keep warm, but mostly we tried to remain alert against Indian attacks. One of those early, early Oconeean Yearbooks tells all about our exploits. I believe it was the 1903 or 1904 edition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2013, 9:39 PM

To eat those good hamburgers at Dan's.
TOL

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That place was before my time - don't know......

May 7, 2013, 9:47 PM

anything about it.

When I was in school in the mid-70s all we had on campus where you could get something to eat were the two dining halls and two canteens.

My favorite place was the canteen below the loggia,

May 8, 2013, 5:44 AM

where I stopped in frequently for the same fare: grilled cheese sandwiches, dill pickle slices, chips and a coke. Rarely bought anything else, so the old gal that worked there knew what I wanted each visit. Other than that, I ate just about all my meals in the dining hall other than a rare trip to some chicken place just across the Hwy 76 bridge, the name of which I don't recall. I do remember this: I never ate a pizza in my life until I graduated, completed four years army duty, then moved to Columbia...and didn't like it then. lol

More importantly...do you like pizza now?

May 8, 2013, 5:47 AM

You weird old man!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Only on rare occasions...and I mean rare. Just have never

May 8, 2013, 5:53 AM

particularly cared for cheese on cardboard with dead fish and all that cr@p added on for a little flavor. The first time I ordered it in a pizza joint, I asked the waiter, "Where's my silverware?" He laughed; I didn't. lol

You need to venture out and get pizza not at

May 8, 2013, 6:08 AM

Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, or Dominos and go to a nice local joint. Or go to Peppinos next time you're in Clemson. Definitely not cardboard...and for the love of God, don't get anchovies, ever! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My son and his friends ate pizza all the time; now, my

May 8, 2013, 6:37 AM

oldest grandson, who lives with me, and his friends do. All are incredulous that I don't care for it, preferring instead, my fried foods. My general comment has been, "What person in right mind would want to eat something with hot cheese stuck in the mouth's roof?" Of course, they roll their eyes. LOL

May 7, 2013, 10:33 PM

Chanello's

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2013, 5:04 AM

Eating as much fish as possible out of lake Hartwell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I essentially lived in Riggs, so it was my closest place

May 8, 2013, 5:10 AM

of sustenance, and I loved it.

My story is similar as I spent most of my time

May 8, 2013, 6:35 AM

in Freeman

GIRLS?

May 12, 2013, 7:44 AM

BOYS?

j/k BRAW

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic