Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
fans are bailing on the coots.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

fans are bailing on the coots.

Sep 12, 2018, 9:20 AM

This is one of my favorite gems from this thread. "Instant gratification?? We've been bad for over 100 years! When's it going to happen?"

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/ive-calmed-down-but-im-done-i-think.275061/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and I liked.....

Sep 12, 2018, 9:29 AM

"It certainly looked like Clemson played a better team than UGA."

I agree whole-heartedly!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep...Lol - that thread is golden

Sep 12, 2018, 3:23 PM

I find it very satisying that some of the resident '#### 's on FGF are realizing what the reality of their football program actually is.

Still lots of idiots too - they are just as entertaining!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: fans are bailing on the coots.

Sep 12, 2018, 9:36 AM

Once the Alcohol wears off from tailgating at a county fair or a run down gas station they start thinking. Wow I was cheering on a Team that has a chicken as a mascot, had never won anything credible and plays 2001 high school songs.This team is the Laughing stock of College Football and lets it’s self down year after year. Once they realize it’s not cool to ride the coat tails of other SEC teams that laugh at them as well.
Well they come to terms and say, what was I thinking.

When I die

Sep 12, 2018, 11:03 AM

I'm going to choose Will Muschamp, Lou Holtz, Steve Spurrier, Tommy Bowden, Mark Richt, and Paul Johnson to be my pallbearers. I mean, they seem really good at letting people down. So I couldn't think of a better group of men to let me down one final time.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Nice...Mind if I use them as well?***

Sep 12, 2018, 3:25 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Sep 12, 2018, 9:46 AM

HA! This was the best and most telling: "It's fun to win football but it's greater to be a South Carolina Gamecock." I could go on for hours about how messed up that is.

I'd ask where the chicken in a dress touched them***

Sep 12, 2018, 12:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is a list of the people that respect the gamecocks

Sep 12, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: fans are bailing on the coots. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: fans bailing on the coots-my message to them if wavering

Sep 12, 2018, 9:48 AM

stay where you are. we neither want or need you at Clemson. Your bird flippin, battery throwing, low life antics are fine where they are. you are not wanted nor needed

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny stuff but as a rabid fb fan i have to have some empathy for lost dreams & hopes..

Sep 12, 2018, 9:57 AM

since i’ve & You’ve been there often ourselves way too many times than not.

But, super glad i became a Clemson Tiger Fan out of chance & good luck in 1957..and they have a fairly decent record of accomplishments, especially under Danny Ford for many years and now DaBO for last 8.

Go TiGERS..Jeep ROCKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Three points to be made

Sep 12, 2018, 9:57 AM

1. That was a monumental bad decision to purposely decide 40 years ago to attend USuC and become a game hen. In his defense he probably got rejected by Clemson.
2. The coot 5 game win streak was a result of Clemson beating Clemson in at least 3 of those 5 game. Even Spurrier has since stated as such.
3. COOTS being coots as usual showing their continued delusional thinking. Chickens have tiny brains.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2018, 9:58 AM

I almost feel sorry for them. Almost. :)
I don't understand how they can keep believing year after year that THIS is finally gonna be their year. It's always the same preseason hype. But they still fall for it.
They're like Charlie Brown believing that this time Lucy isn't gonna pull the football away at the last second.
Just like good ole Charlie Brown they step up to make their big effort and fall flat on their ###.

this is the most realistic thread from the coots I've ever

Sep 12, 2018, 10:04 AM

seen. It was kind of sad, I think I like them better in full delusion mode.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had me until...

Sep 12, 2018, 10:19 AM

he started taking about wanting Bill Snyder to coach the gamecocks.

Bill's not old enough...yet.

Yeah, that was far fetched. lol***

Sep 12, 2018, 10:49 AM

It is Clear to me the coots have no idea how to build a

Sep 12, 2018, 10:19 AM

winning program.

It requires everyone up and down the line to have a common vision, real commitment, strong discipline and perseverance first and foremost. That starts with the board of directors, then the admin, then the AD and then the head coach. If any of those are not on the same page, your chance for success at a school other than one like OSU, Texas, Bama, etc is severely diminished. This means schools like Clemson, Scar, North Carolina, Pitt, Vandy,Kentucky and even Miami have to really be focused and dedicated to create a “destination” environment for talent.

That is #1.

#2 - you have to build a staff that can relate to the current youngsters who are being recruited. That means they have to be player coaches first with the right mix of discipline... not just hard ##### like Saban. Saban is a Bama, he can be that way and still succeed. Not at the second tier schools though.

#3 - you have to have a coaching staff who can demonstrate that they can take 2&3* athletes and develop them into NFL material.

#4 - you have to be serious about educating the kids whirl giving them a safe and nurturing environment with parent-like discipline. This is how you attract the kind of athletes that fit the culture you want to have. You do not want to become thug U.

#5 - Lastly you must recruit high character players. Players who have shown they are students first and are willing to work and are coachable. Not egomaniacs.

You do those things and you are a rare commodity in college football. THEN you build year after year after year upon that foundation. You stick to it and commit and persevere. You create a culture of discipline, character and will to win.

See, the coots just don’t have it in them to even see the forest for the trees. They are just too classless and most are too shortsighted, impatient or dumb to ever accomplish this. So there they sit. Stewing is crap year after year looking for a savior coach. It ain’t gonna happen without a lot of work and brains and commitment.

Re: It is Clear to me the coots have no idea how to build a

Sep 12, 2018, 10:37 AM

^^^^ I agree ^^^^

Other happy thoughts. A loss to the thundering herd will set off a full blown nuclear meltdown.

Sep 12, 2018, 12:33 PM [ in reply to It is Clear to me the coots have no idea how to build a ]

Our fan base is no different than any other fan base. You guys had a vocal contingent that thought Dabo would never be able to win the big ones after he kept losing to Spurrier.

But then he won those big games and the criticism went away.

Our fan base is doing the same and I hope our administration is smart enough to give Muschamp time to build a program here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Sep 12, 2018, 1:39 PM

Correct, some were doubting Dabo.

For the record, I was writing and lobbying for him before they made him interim and never ever waivered in my belief in him.... and many did not waiver in their support for Dabo.

But it all starts at the AD, goes up to the board, then the administration... once they are all aligned and stick to it, then you can ride out the stormy times.

ROFL...bless your heart....

Sep 12, 2018, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: It is Clear to me the coots have no idea how to build a ]

The only thing CussChamp is building at $CU is a good case of hemorrhoids.

He couldn't win at Florida where he had superior talent, better facilities, and more resources.

What on earth makes you deluded goobers think that he will ever be able to develop championship caliber teams at the University of Second Choice?

Grandiose delusions and over-exaggerated optimism; two of $CU's most celebrated traditions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 12, 2018, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: It is Clear to me the coots have no idea how to build a ]

09, for all the jokes that most other posters Heap upon you I think that for the most part you are a very rational chicken fan. However, on this we must disagree. I think that muschamp obviously must be a fairly decent recruiter because he's getting them to drink the Kool-Aid somehow this season for recruiting. But I have yet to see any evidence in my opinion of muschamp being a good coach. He might be a decent defensive coordinator however I'm not sold whatsoever on his abilities as a head coach. It's not just x's and o's it's pulling the trigger on a bad hire or making a move and getting ahead of a problem. In my opinion he has yet to demonstrate any understanding of hiring and offensive coordinator. If he was just making this mistake for the first time with Roper and his current OC I could understand it but when he was at Florida there are a whole lot of up-and-coming hungry young hot shot coordinators that would have loved to have went there. There are also tons of more established guys they could have gotten because they were Florida. He got none of them. Lard ### Weiss was the closest thing to unestablished name and we all know how that went. But hey, quite frankly I'm enjoying every moment of it. Be safe everyone

Ask Auburn what kind of DC CussChamp was...

Sep 12, 2018, 2:05 PM

Gus was about to $h!7can him which is why he begged so distressingly for the HC job at DirtPecker U.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2018, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: It is Clear to me the coots have no idea how to build a ]

I’m not going to disagree with you there. He hasn’t shown he’s able to hire an OC yet.

I would like to give him time to try to figure it out though. I don’t think we could hire someone else that’s going to recruit better than him at this time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

muschamp couldn't build a winner at Florida. How much time

Sep 12, 2018, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: It is Clear to me the coots have no idea how to build a ]

does he need? I'd give him two-three more years at most, then if he wasn't improving, move on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With Bama, Auburn and LSU coming back on the schedule...

Sep 12, 2018, 4:08 PM

over the next few years, the likelihood of $CU winning the $EC Least let alone a conference championship is remote at best.

They'll be a 6, 7 or 8 win team, play in some meaningless bowl game, with very little if any real chance of competing for any kind of a championship which, frankly, is pretty much what they've always been.

Don't tell them how to do it.

Sep 12, 2018, 1:03 PM [ in reply to It is Clear to me the coots have no idea how to build a ]

They will attempt it without positive results. Then we'll have a bunch of depressed c0cks hanging around Tnet.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

The last thing we need is a bunch of depressed c0cks hanging

Sep 12, 2018, 1:41 PM

around ??

They missed their window...

Sep 12, 2018, 11:12 AM

The $EC Least has been and currently is arguably the weakest Division among all of the Power 5 conferences and when $CU had the chance to seize control of the Division, effectively dragging everyone else down to their level, they failed to capitalize. Georgia did and we all saw the results on the field last Saturday.

Even with a weak schedule, $CU will likely lose at least four, if not more, games in 2018. With Bama, LSU and Auburn coming back on the schedule, that trend of 4, 5 or 6 losses annually is only going to continue.

Comical relief, they think that Dabo is at the mercy of UGA

Sep 12, 2018, 11:16 AM

When will they learn. We steal recruits from blue-chip programs in their own state all of the time. We don't mass recruit. We select a handful of people who we think fits the mold at Clemson University and we mold them into Champions. We could recruit a class full of 3 and 4 stars and win the dang Natty. It's about how we develop players and as long as we keep shoving talent into the NFL, the recruits will keep coming. As long as Clemson maintains its cultural identity, the recruits will keep coming. As long as Clemson continues to win the games they're supposed to, the recruits will keep coming.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Must be the 4th quarter***

Sep 12, 2018, 1:39 PM

Sep 12, 2018, 1:44 PM

Bill Snyder...Malarkey. Cook him, stuff him, mummify him...Good grief.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's about time they woke up and realized who they are.***

Sep 12, 2018, 2:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

remember, those idiots fought with Texas A&M fans

Sep 12, 2018, 2:37 PM

back in 2014.

Highlights what are completely opposite fanbases.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/8/28/6077275/opposing-fan-bases-yelling-at-each-other-at-midnight-before-a-game

Sep 12, 2018, 2:50 PM

Hahhaa

Coots you are Arkansas
You are Rutgers
You are Texas Tech
You are Arizona State

Get it through your thick heads...just a mediocre at best football school with delusional expectations. Georgia is and will always be better than you. Clemson is and will always be better than you. DEAL WITH IT!

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic