Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When Green was ejected for "targeting" on the punt,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

When Green was ejected for "targeting" on the punt,

Dec 7, 2015, 8:48 AM

the announcers said the punt returner was "defenseless". Well, thinking about it, is the kick off return guys defenseless on an "onsides" kick? I'm just curious what you all think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'd say 13 teams were defenseless this year

Dec 7, 2015, 8:49 AM

against DW4, i'm glad he didn't get ejected.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^this seems like POTMFD material right here***

Dec 7, 2015, 8:50 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Well said!***

Dec 7, 2015, 9:29 AM [ in reply to i'd say 13 teams were defenseless this year ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: i'd say 13 teams were defenseless this year

Dec 7, 2015, 9:53 AM [ in reply to i'd say 13 teams were defenseless this year ]

scared me when he went down for a few minutes/one play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When Green was ejected for "targeting" on the punt,

Dec 7, 2015, 9:02 AM

How can you be defenseless if you have the ability to call for a fair catch? Which he didn't do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 9:11 AM

I have been wondering the same thing. Or does the ball hitting the ground take away the defenseless protection like it goes your ability to fair catch?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

The receiving team has no "fair catch" on the onsides kick..

Dec 7, 2015, 9:26 AM

...The player receiving the ball has to be prepared for 5 defenders barrelling down on him from within 10 yards. Mark Fields almost had his head taken off from a no-call targeting call. I'll call a spade a spade on the 'Holes over the next 20 years defending this play, but there is no need to. Clemson won this game fair and square, and with class.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

In my opinion

Dec 7, 2015, 9:59 AM

If you don't call for a fair catch, you understand that you could take a hit as soon as you catch the ball, and therefore not "defenceless"

Dec 7, 2015, 9:59 AM

Targeting and Initiating Contact to Head or Neck Area of a Defenseless Player (Rule 9-1-4)

No player shall target and initiate contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, fist, elbow or shoulder. When in question, it is a foul. (Rule 2-27-14)

Defenseless player—a player not in position to defend himself.

Examples (Rule 2-27-14):

A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass.
A receiver attempting to catch a pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
A kicker in the act of or just after kicking a ball, or during the kick or the return.
A kick returner attempting to catch or recover a kick.
A player on the ground.

Dec 7, 2015, 10:17 AM

so technically, they are defenseless?

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic