Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When Finebaum said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

When Finebaum said

Aug 9, 2019, 10:28 PM

Clemson fans disappeared in the months after the Sugar Bowl, and that he wondered if we still had a team, I really couldn't understand what he was getting at. We got beat, went home, regrouped, focused, came back in 2018 and won it all. What was he expecting us to do after the Sugar Bowl loss? Were we supposed to badmouth Alabama for beating us? Were we supposed to cry and whine and come up with embarrassing excuses for the next eight months like Bama has done? Of course he thought we disappeared, we saved the talking for the field.

As for Finebaum lately, I know a lot of people just think he's dong things for ratings etc.. But really this off-season, I feel he has lost it. I've seen him lose it over Harbaugh, Jameis Winston, and even Fisher before he left FSU, but I've never seen him lose it like this. It is one thing to try to stir things up, and create something for your callers to get carried away with, but this is different. Finebaum seems to be more butt-hurt about the Clemson team, fanbase and even the town, than any Bama fan. He really has an ax to grind for some reason and I think he is too far into it to back out. I actually think he probably regrets some of his incredibly unprofessional comments. He has lost it to the point of throwing accurate reporting to the wind. A case in point is calling John Simpson stupid, and completely ignoring the Bama player comments that started that volley. He makes comments about the nature of the Clemson-UofSC rivalry as if he doesn't even truly know the numbers of that rivalry.

I know coaches have more important things to worry about, but I think he has said some things about Dabo, the Clemson fanbase and the town of Clemson that Dabo will probably consider unforgivable. He has said some things that appear he is literally trying to damage Dabo and Clemson. And it is all very strange because he used to have very nice things to say. He is beat down and acting like the white trash fans that are the regular callers on his show.

One thing I thought was funny. Finebaum said he could guarantee Saban is aware of all of this because these coaches have a media relations guy in their ear all day long. He said Saban looked like he was looking for a fight when he came into the post-practice presser. He said the Bama team would be motivated. My thought, Saban and the Bama team are about 7 months too late to be looking for a fight. They are about 7 months too late to be motivated. Last time I saw Bama, they were letting the first half clock run out with timeout in their pockets, and punting form midfield, trailing by 28, with 10 minutes to go.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YeP..he's practically mentally iLL over the 44-16 score

Aug 9, 2019, 10:33 PM

and must feel that Clemson may be able to beat Bama again since he fully realizes that LiL Oke Clempson has the resources, will, quality Athletes, Stable of Smart Coaches with Dabo as the relentless leader & a Rabid Loyal Fan Base that are here to stay for the long haul.

Saying..pisssed & scared at the same time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When Finebaum said

Aug 10, 2019, 3:32 AM

I hope fans will tweet or email or otherwise contact ESPN. Trash talk is a big part of college football. But Finebaum should at least maintain a hint of objectivity and him trashing coaches and fans like he has is over-the-line. It's unprofessional and should be pointed out to ESPN.

Aug 10, 2019, 6:26 AM

Well he and all of his friends can kiss my rich orange ###.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2019, 6:46 AM

Great post. Living in the middle of SEC country, I used to actually watch his show because it was all I had for a football fix. He obviously tried to provoke certain Auburn/Bama folks calling in because he knew he could stoke the flames. It was humorous and you could tell by his facial expressions exactly what he was doing. This seems a little different. Glad the ACC is finally getting a platform to have a voice and hopefully provide a different avenue for my football fix.

Re: Rarely watch but

Aug 10, 2019, 8:18 AM

flipping channels the other day and he had some caller supposedly from S.C. acting like a total dumbask posing as a Clemson fan. I say posing because I have lived in SC all my life and that caller was not from around these parts. The words and accent was totally fabricated. That's about as low as snake #### in my book. The Jerry Springer of college football. No credibility here!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2019, 7:22 AM

Good observations, I think you’re on to something.

I do, however, take a small amount of umbrage to you calling Bama’s fans ‘white trash’. My family - and therefore I - come from a long line of white trash. I do not know of any of my specific kin hailing from Alabama, but it may be possible. While I know and accept that white, heterosexual males (of which I identify) ARE the only class/race of human beings that can be discriminated against, criticized, ridiculed and blamed for the entire worlds problems - please leave my white, trashy family members out of this.

Thank you.

/s/

Bill

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Aug 10, 2019, 7:38 AM

I think it it all of the above plus Paul is "just losing it." The fact is he is getting old and sooner or later will be pushed out. He is very tiring to me.

I wonder if Finebaum could be on edge of a seizure or

Aug 10, 2019, 7:59 AM

straight stroking out on the TV.

some of the stuff lately has been straight hate and kinda weird.

null

Now he is setting us up, and the odds are in his favor

Aug 10, 2019, 8:03 AM

We have set the bar impossibly high. Win streak, ACC title streak, CFP streak...these can’t last forever. He is going all in, betting that we will stub our toe before Bama does, and he will get his “told ya so” moment.

As hard as it might be, he just needs to keep doubling down, and someday, he will be right.

As much as I want game 5 of the epic CFP Clemson-Bama series personally, even if we beat Bama 49-14, it won’t shut him up. He is the ultimate band wagoner...the only thing that will shut him up is for some other teams to step up and beat Bama. Where was he between 1992 and 2009? Had you ever heard of him?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now he is setting us up, and the odds are in his favor

Aug 10, 2019, 8:26 AM

True - I've seen this coming as well.

I have a feeling that Bama will one a game or two this year. Nothing lasts forever and sooner or later the merry go round of coaching will catch up with them .....

I hope they lose before we do.

I hope we unload on aTm when they visit

null

True, and I'm sure he's waiting, but at this

Aug 10, 2019, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Now he is setting us up, and the odds are in his favor ]

Point, when we lose, nobody can really say anything that matters. We are now like the golfer with 3 masters titles, tennis player with 3 Wembledon titles and actor with 3 oscars. If we don't do anything else ever, the legacy as been made. Anything else is icing on the cake. And no program stays at this level continuously outside of Bama. And even Bama has had their moments, Shula, Debose, Price.

At some point, when someone lies too much, they just look

Aug 10, 2019, 10:25 AM

Stupid. Finebaum is there. There's spin and then there's just alternate reality. With spin you still have some credibility. with delusion, you have none.

Exactly right. We didn’t hear any bad mouthing or excuses when

Aug 10, 2019, 12:55 PM

we lost and yet that’s about all we’ve heard from the Bama side this year. Our boys win with class and low with class. Top your hat to the best team and go back to work and try to improve.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic