Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did anyone ask Dabo why he put our starters back in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Did anyone ask Dabo why he put our starters back in

Sep 22, 2018, 10:40 PM

late in the fourth quarter with a 42-21 lead? I thought it was odd to do that when the game was clearly not in doubt, considering potential risk of injury. I'm assuming it was because he wanted to get them some extra experience with specific plays or formations? Was it with some backup offensive linemen perhaps?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Probably to prove we can move the ball...

Sep 22, 2018, 10:42 PM

... When we feel like it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he was sending a message....THAT WE CAN RAMP THIS

Sep 22, 2018, 10:43 PM

THING UP WHENEVER WE WANT..............

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus ... TL was not the starter. Easy to forget, I know ...

Sep 23, 2018, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Probably to prove we can move the ball... ]

So, in reality, Dabo put the back-up ... back in. ????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From Trevor himself. Also Dabo commented on it as well.

Sep 22, 2018, 10:44 PM

https://youtu.be/icpFiiIdtdU?t=1m22s

Check out video at 1:30***

Sep 22, 2018, 10:47 PM

Thank you!***

Sep 22, 2018, 11:01 PM [ in reply to From Trevor himself. Also Dabo commented on it as well. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Do they take a class on asking stupid questions

Sep 22, 2018, 11:26 PM [ in reply to From Trevor himself. Also Dabo commented on it as well. ]

Or does it come naturally? TL was way more patient than I could be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Do they take a class on repeating stupid questions

Sep 23, 2018, 5:46 AM

as well?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he was showing the tigernets.***

Sep 22, 2018, 10:45 PM

Re: Did anyone ask Dabo why he put our starters back in

Sep 22, 2018, 10:45 PM

USA Today is not gonna like this!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he lost his testimony to PJ when he did that***

Sep 22, 2018, 10:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2018, 10:47 PM

I heard Dabo's wife told him he better put TL back in the game or else.......So TL is a lock to start next week.........Thank you Katherine..........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s Kathleen.***

Sep 22, 2018, 10:53 PM

Sep 22, 2018, 10:48 PM

He did it last week with the Defense. He wants the starting offense to end on a TD so we can keep a good rhythm. The fact that Trevor is the one that came out shows what is going to happen next week.

Thanks, I hope you're right.***

Sep 22, 2018, 11:01 PM

Sep 22, 2018, 11:29 PM

Because P.J. was trying to get back in the game.

He didn't want tnet flooded with moronic posts about Victory Margin***

Sep 22, 2018, 11:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

The absolute best move he made all day, no doubt

Sep 22, 2018, 11:51 PM

At 42-14 . I was OK. The Zebras and a dumb decisions on the players part gift wrapped the second TD. But I felt we looked pretty good over all. When Brice gift wrapped another, I wasn't happy. 42-21 didn't feel that good and like I have been saying, you must make a statement when you win over an inferior opponent. You MUST! So putting TL and the guys back in and they were right to work was the best move he could have made. You gotta do it!

As "Blackjack" Pershing said after WW1

Sep 23, 2018, 2:18 AM

"Your enemies have to KNOW they are beaten. Otherwise they will think they can come back"

D a m n e d if U do and D a m n e d if U don't***

Sep 23, 2018, 3:13 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

I wasn’t being critical of Dabo, just wondering if he explained his thought process.***

Sep 23, 2018, 9:41 AM

Re: I wasn’t being critical of Dabo, just wondering if he explained his thought process.***

Sep 23, 2018, 1:34 PM

It was all about testing and seeing under live fire, a "2-minute" drill with the expectation of both the players and coaches visualizing a TD. Yes, most all the Tech fans were long gone, but we were still on the opponent's soil, enemy territory. "Guys, show me under live fire, cuse we're going to need it again this season."

Here is his quote

Sep 23, 2018, 5:52 AM

"You know, that Paul Johnson is a real aszhole. He said some chit about me and well, it was payback time"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is his quote

Sep 23, 2018, 1:06 PM

^^LOL - good one.

I Was Pleased

Sep 23, 2018, 9:39 AM

It's an indication that Dabo understands that we are in a beauty pageant.

Sep 23, 2018, 10:10 AM

The back ups gave up a couple of scores in defense so Dabo pulled them. If you can't do your job you don't deserve to play.

Sep 23, 2018, 12:32 PM

Radio guys said CB was pulled because Dabo was sending a message about throwing into coverage.

Just like reinserting the starting DL last week.

Remember that the student's poor performance reflects on the teacher as well, so the older guys 'having' to go back in shows them they need to step up the leadership, too.

Sep 23, 2018, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Did anyone ask Dabo why he put our starters back in ]

Radio guys said CB was pulled because Dabo was sending a message about throwing into coverage.

Remember that the student's poor performance reflects on the teacher as well, so the older guys 'having' to go back in shows them they need to step up the leadership, too.

Sep 23, 2018, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Did anyone ask Dabo why he put our starters back in ]

Sep 23, 2018, 1:46 PM

Had to cover the spread

When Dabo takes out TL

Sep 23, 2018, 1:50 PM

The game is an unwatchable waste of time. I just had to FF throught it. I have no idea why he does this. The game is unwatchable with any juan but TL in at QB. It’s blatantly obvious we are 10X better with him in there.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic