Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It will be sad to see it go...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

It will be sad to see it go...

May 19, 2020, 12:50 PM

but when Clemson has to cut a sport, there is really no way around it being basketball, for numerous reasons.

1) It's been mediocre for over 100 years.
2) It's broken, no coach can fix it, plenty have tried.
3) Littlejohn is taking up valuable football tailgating space.
4) Littlejohn is taking up valuable intramural sports space.
5) It wouldn't hurt us on Title IX
6) It competes with football in the fall/winter, which is not good.
7) It competes with baseball in the spring, which is not good.
8) It makes Clemson fans sad and/or angry every year, which is not good.
9) The university can't give tickets away, which is not good.

I hate this, because as a true Clemson fan, basketball is one of my favorite sports, 5th favorite to be exact, following only...

1) Football
2) Softball
3) Baseball
4) Wrestling

but, when I look at it on paper, and set my emotions to the side, there really is no other option. Hopefully the Clemson football program can continue to support basketball, but I don't think we can count on that in these uncertain times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

When Clemson hired Brownlee, I knew they'd given up...***

May 19, 2020, 12:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When Clemson hired Brownlee, I knew they'd given up...***

May 19, 2020, 12:57 PM

This will not end well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gravity works.***

May 19, 2020, 12:57 PM

Why do you hate flat-earthers?

May 19, 2020, 1:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Hate's such a strong word, but that pac-man thing is wack...***

May 19, 2020, 1:06 PM

I'm glad we don't have any Clemson in the NFL who think

May 19, 2020, 1:18 PM

like that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Judge Keller isn't gonna like this!!!...

May 19, 2020, 12:56 PM

??????

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Judge Keller isn't gonna like this!!!...

May 19, 2020, 1:01 PM

Message was edited by: TigerJS®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It will be sad to see it go...

May 19, 2020, 1:03 PM

MAYBE YOU GOOBERS SHOULD CHECK AND SEE HOW MUCH MONEY IT COST CLEMSON BY THE TOURNEY NOT BEING PLAYED. NO MATTER HOW GOOD WE ARE WE GET A HUGE CHECK EVERY YEAR JUST FOR BEING IN THE LEAGUE. SMH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2020, 1:07 PM

I yell when I’m mad as well .

May 19, 2020, 1:10 PM

His caps lock button was disabled by that virus going around.

You don't really have a sense for

May 19, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: It will be sad to see it go... ]

Humor, or sarcasm, do you deroberts ?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You don't really have a sense for

May 19, 2020, 3:12 PM

»

Topic: It will be sad to see it go...
Replies: 22 Last Post: May 19, 2020 2:19 PM by: BloodbeOrange®

Welcome, deroberts
Account Settings Board Settings | Watches
Help Help |
LOG OUT

[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
Watch this Topic
User Logo
Francis Marion®
Ring of Honor [74547]
TigerPulse: 100%
It will be sad to see it go... [13]
Posted: May 19, 2020 12:50 PM

but when Clemson has to cut a sport, there is really no way around it being basketball, for numerous reasons.

1) It's been mediocre for over 100 years.
2) It's broken, no coach can fix it, plenty have tried.
3) Littlejohn is taking up valuable football tailgating space.
4) Littlejohn is taking up valuable intramural sports space.
5) It wouldn't hurt us on Title IX
6) It competes with football in the fall/winter, which is not good.
7) It competes with baseball in the spring, which is not good.
8) It makes Clemson fans sad and/or angry every year, which is not good.
9) The university can't give tickets away, which is not good.

I hate this, because as a true Clemson fan, basketball is one of my favorite sports, 5th favorite to be exact, following only...

1) Football
2) Softball
3) Baseball
4) Wrestling

but, when I look at it on paper, and set my emotions to the side, there really is no other option. Hopefully the Clemson football program can continue to support basketball, but I don't think we can count on that in these uncertain times.

that sure seems like a lot of sarcasm. it is not humorous so i am taking it is sarcasm. speaking of which, guess you havent read me over the years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You don't really have a sense for

May 19, 2020, 3:37 PM

It’s a whole ball fo sarcasm and funny-bums.

May 19, 2020, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: It will be sad to see it go... ]

^^^^ This is what the coots say about their football program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2020, 1:05 PM

LOL...we'd end with a winning streak in Chapel Hill.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully D-Rad will find a way to keep

May 19, 2020, 1:11 PM

D!ck Bender employed at Clemson though, even after they shut down basketball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

May 19, 2020, 1:13 PM

We have to keep basketball for the same reason that Wake and Duke and NC State have to keep football even though they are never competitive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great point...

May 19, 2020, 1:16 PM

Why do those schools still bother with football?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Why does BC bother with sports?***

May 19, 2020, 1:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If BC wants to have footbal fans sit 6 ft apart this fall...

May 19, 2020, 1:20 PM

they'll have to sell more tickets.

BOOM! Got ‘em!

May 19, 2020, 4:59 PM

https://images.app.goo.gl/XfDEaWGcHCjP6Gd89

Re: If BC wants to have footbal fans sit 6 ft apart this fall...

May 19, 2020, 6:01 PM [ in reply to If BC wants to have footbal fans sit 6 ft apart this fall... ]

they'll have to sell more tickets.

And, if they can't sell more tickets? Do they dare try giving them away? (Asking 4a friend.)

Re: Why does BC bother with sports?***

May 19, 2020, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Why does BC bother with sports?*** ]

Cuz da hockey!

May 19, 2020, 1:21 PM

So in a credit crunch you want to eliminate one of only two sports that turn a profit?

The only reason Clemson basketball turns a profit is...

May 19, 2020, 1:26 PM

Duke and UNC. I don't like depending on two schools who voted to give us extra probation in football for a hand out.

Besides, Clemson softball is arguably more exciting, arguably more popular, and will arguably soon replace men's basketball in revenue anyway.

Re: The only reason Clemson basketball turns a profit is...

May 19, 2020, 1:30 PM

Idiot Post of the Day***

May 19, 2020, 3:15 PM

No personal attacks. Final warning.***

May 19, 2020, 3:27 PM

He's not wrong.

May 19, 2020, 3:28 PM

I forgive you.***

May 19, 2020, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Idiot Post of the Day*** ]

Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology...

May 19, 2020, 3:48 PM

you never got.

Robert Brault

I don't think you've thought this through.

May 19, 2020, 3:33 PM

Are you honestly prepared to never get to see this again?!?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I don't think you've thought this through.

May 19, 2020, 5:26 PM

Red Panda is teh awesome.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

This quote Ring of Honor end quotes thing you are in ......

May 19, 2020, 3:34 PM

is it a ring usually associated with stuff made by American Standard or Kohler ?

Makes sense it would be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: This quote Ring of Honor end quotes thing you are in ......

May 19, 2020, 3:41 PM

May 19, 2020, 3:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

They hurt if I hold them in.

May 19, 2020, 3:50 PM

null

found juan

May 19, 2020, 4:37 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

COVID strikes again. But in this case, it's a mercy killing.***

May 19, 2020, 4:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2020, 6:15 PM

I gave you the old TU for all the good thought you put into that....

...even while coming to a terrible conclusion.

We NEED Men's basketball at Clemson, even if it's only to keep the bored from becoming, well, boring.

Can you imagine how much we would all agree if we didn't have a Men's basketball coach and program to kick around?

I mean, who else are we gonna complain about--the Women's Golf team?

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic