Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When CM leaves for a HC'ing gig... what would you think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

When CM leaves for a HC'ing gig... what would you think

Nov 4, 2014, 5:02 PM

of pursuing Spurrier to be the OC, assuming he's "retired" from UCS?

Already instate, familiar with recruiting grounds, doesn't like FSU, wouldn't have the pressures of head coaching?

could it work?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Too much of a drunk. And those man #####, doe***

Nov 4, 2014, 5:04 PM

That's a big F*$& NO!

Nov 4, 2014, 5:05 PM

I don't even like him in our stadium. I hope the last time we see him is in a couple of weeks, and it's Dabo kicking his a$$ out of our house (literally). I can't believe someone would even suggest that mess. He's garbage and a senile, bitter old assh0le. The world will be a better place when he's gone.

Re: When CM leaves for a HC'ing gig... what would you think

Nov 4, 2014, 5:07 PM

Familiar with recruiting grounds. That's a good one >.<

Nov 4, 2014, 5:11 PM

As if anyone could actually say yes without getting branded a "coot". This site has lots of rational thinkers.

Nov 4, 2014, 5:16 PM

Yeah whatever Coot.

Nov 4, 2014, 5:17 PM

See what I mean. Haha.

LOL...It's 5 o'clock somewhere huh york !?!?!***

Nov 4, 2014, 5:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 4, 2014, 5:14 PM

If Morris leaves we should hire Lincoln Riley for less than we paid Morris, give the differnce to BV to keep him here and win our NC. Easy as that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can"t believe some one that drunk at 5 pm can type that

well, Wow. Good Job. Next line, "Yes I will have another". That would be the one whom posted
the question not Slurrier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can"t believe some one that drunk at 5 pm can type that

Nov 4, 2014, 5:28 PM

Did you mean to reply to me?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regardless of the circumstance, hiring

Nov 4, 2014, 5:38 PM

an oc in his 70s would be beyond moronic and likely get the AD fired. While were at it hire Gene Stallings as the DC and Jackie Sherrill as recruiting coordinator.

i don't think he can phone it in from Crescent Beach, FL.***

Nov 4, 2014, 5:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Why not? He's phoning it in from Columbia now.***

Nov 4, 2014, 5:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Lamecocks suck!

Biggest idiot fanbase.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it would work, he and Dabo are already

Nov 4, 2014, 5:26 PM

really good golfing buddies. Plus, can you imagine all the smack talk Dabo and Spurrier would throw at whoever the crappy coach is at USuCk? I'm all in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

these are my thoughts as well... we'd have the best

Nov 4, 2014, 5:27 PM

pressers in the nation...

surely the committee would take note of that when they rank

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Maybe after a few years of him being our OC we

Nov 4, 2014, 5:31 PM

can hang one of those giant banners with him on it, saying the "Winningest OC in Clemson football history"

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If he were to go... say 5-0 as our OC vs. UCS... he'd be

Nov 4, 2014, 5:34 PM

10-1 vs. Clemson (not counting this year's outcome)

5-1 vs. Clemson as UCS head coach

5-0 vs. Clemson as Clemson OC

Re: If he were to go... say 5-0 as our OC vs. UCS... he'd be

Nov 4, 2014, 5:37 PM

you know...

Nov 4, 2014, 5:40 PM

Clemson is 1-2 vs. Clemson this year

Re: you know...

Nov 4, 2014, 5:42 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16161188

Re: you know...

Nov 4, 2014, 5:43 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16161171

Nov 4, 2014, 5:27 PM

Ok but shirt only

Thinking outside the box!***

Nov 4, 2014, 5:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Hitler, Stalin and Satan aren't coaching, I guess he'd do***

Nov 4, 2014, 5:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To SOS that would be like Michaelangelo accepting...

Nov 4, 2014, 5:38 PM

...a tuteladge under Norman Rockwell.

As Picard said when captured by the Borg..."We would rather die" would be SOS' attitude working under Dabo.

As O'Reilly likes to say..."I'm a simple guy", and I happen to like looking at Rockwell's illustrations better than at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

He has lost more

Nov 4, 2014, 5:50 PM

Spurrier has lost more than one game to Clemson as a head coach. He has been around longer than 6 years. Dirtpeckers think only the last five games count. That don't make it so.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re :His leaving will not affect the price of eggs in China.

Nov 4, 2014, 6:53 PM

He can leave tomorrow if he wants to . Clemson will not miss a beat. There will be a lot of qualified coaches wanting the job.

Fish eggs???

Nov 4, 2014, 6:56 PM

Chinese women's have a lot of eggs...supposedly

Do we have a connection at Augusta National?

Nov 4, 2014, 6:57 PM

It's important

Nice thought. He is a mastermind and has ruled us as of late

Nov 4, 2014, 7:31 PM

I personally can't stand the man and would rather not even entertain the idea of him EVER being a Tiger. Some people don't deserve that privilege. Not something that we will have to be concerned with though, he will retire to drink, fish and play golf. He has nothing left to prove on an OC level. Only other spot he would take would be Mushchamps.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

I'll say this..

Nov 4, 2014, 9:01 PM

If I had to choose one, I'd take OBS over Lane Kiffin. Plus it would infuriate the coots so much it'd be worth it.

Not no, but hell no!***

Nov 4, 2014, 9:04 PM

Moobs would rather retire than take a back seat to someone

Nov 4, 2014, 9:09 PM

else...his ego wouldn't allow that...

I'm not sure

Nov 4, 2014, 9:11 PM

Honestly, I think after he retires, he should be a personal QB coach. For that one aspect, I think he is one of the best ever. You really can't argue with that. I don't like the fact, but it remains. I didn't like him at Duke. I didn't like him at UF. In both cases I found him vain and arrogant. I dislike him even more now, but the fact remains he is a heck of a QB coach. If he were to do this in southern FL, like I suspect he will, I wouldn't mind sending our QBs there for a week or two long boot camp.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic