Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's your favorite game day memory? But there's a catch...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

What's your favorite game day memory? But there's a catch...

Nov 17, 2015, 8:49 PM

I love trips down memory lane.

What's your favorite memory from going to a game (home or away)? The catch is that it can't be related to the game itself.

Mine is showing my wife and her parents who are all from Australia (where we currently live) around Clemson a few hours before the App State game this year. The tailgating scene, school spirit, and sheer number of people at a college sporting event are all completely foreign to Australians. The amazement in their faces is something I will cherish forever.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Clemson coed in 2004 who asked if she could

Nov 17, 2015, 8:56 PM

jump ahead of me in line at the Esso Club men's room because she really had to go badly. I said sure and when we went in she backed herself up to the wall urinal and took take care of business. It was jaw dropping. LOL

Wait, are you talking about a football game memory? There are way too many of those to list! ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds like that Salma Hayek movie with Matthew Perry***

Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Salem Hayek in From Dusk to Dawn was a good one.

Nov 17, 2015, 9:07 PM

Don't know about the Matthew Perry one. LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Salma***

Nov 17, 2015, 9:08 PM

"fools rush in"..... her floating down river in tire tube..

Nov 17, 2015, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Salem Hayek in From Dusk to Dawn was a good one. ]

nice!

can't think of the name of it where he knocks her

Nov 17, 2015, 9:10 PM [ in reply to sounds like that Salma Hayek movie with Matthew Perry*** ]

up and his parents and hers got into a fight on the lake. His parents were so sun burned...ha ha ha

Re: The Clemson coed in 2004 who asked if she could

Nov 17, 2015, 9:13 PM [ in reply to The Clemson coed in 2004 who asked if she could ]

We have a winner!

Re: The Clemson coed in 2004 who asked if she could

Nov 18, 2015, 6:30 AM [ in reply to The Clemson coed in 2004 who asked if she could ]

The only thing that would have made this story better is if it had ended with "and later I married that girl!" lol

Getting off the charter bus in Miami in 1981 early that

Nov 17, 2015, 8:57 PM

December morning and feeling the breeze and the balmy 72 degrees after departing Clemson the night before in sleet and freezing rain.

Re: Getting off the charter bus in Miami in 1981 early that

Nov 17, 2015, 9:12 PM

Leaving the Superdome in New Orleans after beating Tulane in 1981. My best friend and I were standing outside the restrooms waiting on our wives when a drunk, well dressed Lady started mumbling she knew where Clemson was. She said she had seen the sign that said Clemson, Next right. Her Husband came out of the restroom and apologized to us saying She was drunk and was a Professor at Tulane. That was the first place we had been that sold alcohol at a college game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good stuff....

Nov 17, 2015, 8:58 PM

I would say the most peaceful memory was summer of 1985 driving in my 1980's mustang down highway 123 past Easley heading to Seneca to live while attending Clemson. The sunset was a huge bright warm orange that night. The windows were down and I was listening to the "Cars" just smiling from one ear to the next as the smell of summer was going through my windows with a nice breeze. The trees were tall and green everywhere.

Running Down The Hill

Nov 17, 2015, 9:08 PM

prior to the '99 game against Duke. Got to be in the locker room for the pregame speech-the whole nine yards. I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't so afraid of falling. I charged out to the middle of the field with all the players and jumped up and down in the middle of the huddle.

Re: Running Down The Hill-go to take pics once

Nov 17, 2015, 9:23 PM

w a sideline pass. I stood behind the goal post and have a recording of them running down the hill. It is actually a bit scary even protected by the post to have that many big people coming at you. this was years ago and wasnt the big production it is now. still a cherished memory though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1998 vs. South Carolina

Nov 17, 2015, 9:11 PM

Someone had a gigantic inflatable #### on the hill (and it wasn't of the chicken variety of ####).

Re: 1998 vs. South Carolina

Nov 17, 2015, 9:22 PM

I believe that was the last time we tore down the goal posts. A section of it made it inside our dorm.

Haha! I was there for that one. Even got a hand on "it".

Nov 17, 2015, 9:28 PM [ in reply to 1998 vs. South Carolina ]

I have a photo of that inflatable thing on my home computer. I took it right after I got to punch it up in the air again shortly before the cops confiscated it.

Auburn 2010. some friends

Nov 17, 2015, 9:12 PM

and I went to Bammer for the weekend. That Thursday night Newberry College played Samford. On Friday, we went around B'ham...Dreamland BBQ and the Alabama football hall of fame. Was amazed at how much Clemson connection there was in the HOF.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's your favorite game day memory? But there's a catch...

Nov 17, 2015, 9:13 PM

Back in the late 70's our fraternity had a band party after EVERY home game. These bands played mostly beach music. Most of you commies would not like the music. :)
Fun times!

Nov 17, 2015, 9:17 PM

I understand now fraternities hire DJ's instead of bands. SMH.

Nov 17, 2015, 9:13 PM

Got to go in the Letterman's club with a former player named Jack Smith. I was maybe 9 or 10, and got to meet Perry Tuttle and Jeff Davis.

trip to Jacksonville in '89

Nov 17, 2015, 9:15 PM

My dad and I flew down late on the 29th. My birthday is 12/30 and I turned 16 during the flight. We rented a convertible at the airport and drove out Jax beach at around 2am.

Great trip and a great win.... Ford's Last Stand

very nice...***

Nov 17, 2015, 9:17 PM

Nov 17, 2015, 9:21 PM

I'll just piggyback off your post. In the early 70s (yes, I know that's in the last century) I was in the Army and my wife and I spent two years in Worms, Germany. In the Fall small towns and villages all along the Rhine River would hold winefests. The whole town and outside visitors would sample and celebrate the local vineyards best. Everyone drank (but not to excess as that's looked down upon by most Germans), partied and it was like you knew everyone. They knew I was a GI (the haircut was a giveaway!) but it didn't matter - we all had a great time. So, what does this have to do with Clemson? Tailgating at Clemson has always reminded me of a winefest on steroids! Great fellowship, great food, some drinking (??), and everyone friendly - even to the opposing team's fans! So, if I can't afford to get back to visit Germany, tailgating at Clemson is a great substitute. Besides, Hartwell is LOTS cleaner than the Rhine!

Clemson football is just icing on the cake!

Go Tigers!

Love it.***

Nov 17, 2015, 9:27 PM

1974 Ga Tech we beat them and that night at Littlejohn there

Nov 17, 2015, 9:27 PM

were 3 bands playing. Montrose (with some dude named Sammy Hagar) TRex and Black Oak Arkansas.
I was 15 with a learners permit and I got to drive my older cousins 1969 fastback Mustang back to Anderson that night.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The first game I took my daughter to

Nov 17, 2015, 9:34 PM

She was 10 weeks old. Hopefully a freshman at CU next fall.

Awesome!***

Nov 17, 2015, 9:36 PM

Nov 17, 2015, 9:51 PM

One of the many times in the early 90's when I was about 7-10 years old. I would go to games with a buddy or my dad. All the kids that were there tailgating in that particular lot would all gather together and play football or slide down a grass hill with cardboard or play tag. That was before you got so invested in a team and let a loss ruin your month like they do now. (Thankfully we haven't experienced that in quite awhile) I remember playing with kids I'd never met and we played like we'd been best friends since birth. You didn't have a care in the world. It never crossed our minds about food or cooking anything, mamas and dads took care of that. You get hungry or thirsty you make a pit stop and go right back at it. Never realized how good we had it. Good times.

Good to see you again, jj

Nov 17, 2015, 9:59 PM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Thanks, Doc. I didn't know anyone missed me.

Nov 17, 2015, 10:19 PM

I'm on here most everyday, but I go through spurts of posting. Many times I find the board too negative, so I just stay out of it. Thanks for saying hi!

Then, you got Francis Marion w/ Mental Chlamydia

Nov 17, 2015, 10:47 PM

Good reason to stay away.

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

I had just met the future Mrs. Spud. We had been dating

Nov 17, 2015, 10:03 PM

about 3 months when the North Carolina game came up. She invited me to come over and watch the game at her apartment while she cooked us some burgers. We beat the Heels 10-8 and those were the best burgers I ever had. Before or since!!

Nov 17, 2015, 10:28 PM

Going on the road trip to Tallahassee in 89 in hopes of getting revenge on the Noles from the puntrooskie game the year prior. We had an awesome weekend partying , even with the Nole fans. Remember, this was before they hated us. To cap it off , we destroyed them. Great , great weekend

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Nov 17, 2015, 10:41 PM

Gator Bowl vs OSU. Got to the stadium just as the OSU team bus arrived. A crowd gathered. As the bus door opened Woody Hayes stepped out. Literally before his foot hit the pavement someone yelled "Go to h€ll Woody!" He snapped around and gave that person a stern glare. That event started Woody's last game. True story!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson's Mascot Zack Mills..One of a Kind

Nov 17, 2015, 10:53 PM

For those that saw him you know what I am talking about....I saw him tackle an NC State Cheerleader one....that fellow could screw with the opposing team like no one!

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Zack was the best Tiger we ever had, plus the costume was

Nov 18, 2015, 9:29 AM

so much better than the current psycho eyed tiger as it had a mischievous look on his face. I remember Zack throwing chicken feed as the Scar band marched towards him.

Standing on the hill for the 1st time under that big ol tree

Nov 18, 2015, 7:08 AM

that they took down. Versus the worm pullers, Cocaine George was the running back. I was positioned beautifully to see 2 incredible plays if they were to happen....

you old farts know what I'm talking about....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Early on during my Clemson years, the Head Cheerleader

Nov 18, 2015, 7:19 AM

was a guy named Randy Jackson, if memory serves. He had an uncanny knack of predicting opposing team turnovers. He would get on the mic, and say, "ok, watch now, they're gonna fumble on this next play". He was right most of the time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably, since I'm a young buck,

Nov 18, 2015, 8:05 AM

I would have to say the Notre Dame game on the final 2-point conversion shut-down by our defense in the pouring rain. Seeing the whole crowd engaged despite the terrible weather was awesome. I couldn't talk for over a week, lost my voice from yelling.

1988: we had just beaten Duke at home and everyone was

Nov 18, 2015, 8:24 AM

listening to undefeated and highly ranked South Carolina play at Georgia Tech on the radio. Georgia Tech went on to win like 34-0 and it was their first win against a Division 1 opponent in 2 years. What was so unique was how loud the cheers in all the parking lots got every time GT scored.

I'm moving to Brisbane in April, I've been studying

Nov 18, 2015, 8:44 AM

up on rugby. Looks like an epic sport. I already know I'm going to deeply miss the college sports atmosphere here in the beautiful USA.

Any pointers to survive in Aus would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

i dated an immigrant from new york my senior year, '82.

Nov 18, 2015, 9:14 AM

took her to her first college football ever to watch cu vs uga. the look on her face when we walked into d.v. was topped only by the look on her face when i told her not to waste her time sitting down.

Taking our church-adopted daughter to her first

Nov 18, 2015, 9:18 AM

Clemson game. Prior to that, she had no idea about the rock, running down the hill, etc.

Nov 18, 2015, 9:51 AM

Listening to the Gamecock call in show on the drive home from cootlumbia after the Shixty shree to sheventeen beatdown. The game was awesome, but listening to the coots call in show afterwards was epic. They wanted to give their own program the death penalty. I wanted that night to go on forever!

We were pretty much the last people left the parking lot

Nov 18, 2015, 9:57 AM

of Willie-Brice that night.........

drinking clebratory PBR's with a homeless dude who came up to our tailgate to join in the festivities.

Don't remember a whole bunch else.

F-14 fly-over vs. Miami 2005.

Nov 18, 2015, 10:38 AM

We were in the south upper decks. I almost pooped in my pants and ducked for no reason. My dad couldn't stop laughing.

Nov 18, 2015, 10:40 AM

I can't say because I'm married (wasn't even dating her at the time). But let's just say it involves post game celebrations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic