Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's wrong with our offense? We have a quarterback that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

What's wrong with our offense? We have a quarterback that

Oct 7, 2017, 10:54 PM

is accurate with his passes, he can also take off and run better than just about any qb in the game, we have very good receivers and great running backs. Yet, after the first two drives of the game, I just looked down on that field and I could feel they weren't going to string together enough good plays to drive down and score again. The defense is awesome, except in the fourth quarter when we always seem to get outscored two scores to one. I guess we put reserves in, I don't know.

But even with an awesome defense, we surely can;t be the #2 team in the country with this offense. I'm just bracing for some of these teams we still have to play if we can't score points on Wake Fores and Boston College. though I will say that Wake has had a good defense this year.

I'm really asking you guys what you think the problem is on offense. Today, it seemed that it was the offensive line. The line seemed to be opening good holes on running plays, but the pass blocking seemed terrible. Wake seemed to have more of a pass rush on us than we did on them.

I know the offensive line is a veteran line, and one of the projected best we have had in a long while. And even when we've had lines that weren't very good at run blocking, they could always pass block. I really can't put my finger on the offensive issue, but I guess I'd have to say pass blocking by the offensive line. What do you think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really? Our offense scored against Auburn, VT, Wake...check

Oct 7, 2017, 10:59 PM

Their defensive ratings. I’m not worried about our offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Really? 14 points against Auburn. I'm very worried about our

Oct 7, 2017, 11:01 PM

offense.

Re: Really? 14 points against Auburn. I'm very worried about our

Oct 7, 2017, 11:09 PM

I think bracket coverages give KB a hard time, but I'm also wondering if he has trouble with pre-snap reads. He seems to hold the ball too long sometimes & his throws lack velocity. Three of those four are correctable through experience so I'm hoping as he goes through the season these things will improve.

Re: What's wrong with our offense? We have a quarterback that

Oct 7, 2017, 11:01 PM

6-0 and you are worried? Seriously?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

always worried seriously. But really, you don't have

Oct 7, 2017, 11:02 PM

concerns about our offense. We got the ball a lot at midfield today, didn't score and there we were stuck at 14.

Re: always worried seriously. But really, you don't have

Oct 7, 2017, 11:11 PM

Im hoping they will continue to get better. They have played some tough games so far and come through just fine. Look at last year. Deshaun threw 17 interceptions and we lost to Pitt and couldn’t move the ball against NC State. Just keep winning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think you, like many others

Oct 7, 2017, 11:02 PM

Overlooked WFU as an easy team. Maybe Dabo should have had a press conference and told everyone that Wake was 4-1 and playing great! Oh wait, he did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Well, I do agree that this is a pretty good Wake Forest team

Oct 7, 2017, 11:04 PM

They looked tough against FSU and blew out Boston College in Boston.

well then, I feel much better***

Oct 7, 2017, 11:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 7, 2017, 11:03 PM

1. Coming down off a high after last weeks big Gameday road win.
2. Short tiresome week due to 5:30 am return from VT.
3. homecoming week distractions.
4. Hot humid muggy day.
5. Nooner
6. Wake is pretty dang good

Oct 8, 2017, 10:55 AM

So what will it be next week?
1) coming off of an ankle injury
2) short week due to travel and Friday night game
3) distracted because the other team colors are orange too
4) indoor stadium without air conditioning even though its called the carrier dome
5)Friday night (that’s for high school)
6) Syracuse is better than last year.

Obviously I am having fun. C’mon man, we’re 6-0

Lighten Up Francis: We're 6-0 and #2 In the Nation

Oct 7, 2017, 11:03 PM

And you are Btiching?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Not btiching, just concerned. If we don't win another game

Oct 7, 2017, 11:11 PM

all year, I will never forget how much this staff and Clemson football players have accomplished. it amazes me every day when I stop and think about the numbers they have put up in wins and losses the last six years.

Look at how many players played in all of our games...

Oct 7, 2017, 11:16 PM

Seriously...When we have a game in control, Dabo has always played as many players as he can so if someone goes down we have some experience.

This program, was not expected to be 6-0. We were expected to have a few loses by now and we are exceeding expectations.

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Agree with all of that. I for one expected to have at least

Oct 7, 2017, 11:41 PM

a couple of losses in September with that brutal schedule. First team ever to beat 3 top-15 teams in September. But I'm just talking about the offense sputtering so much during the prime of the game when our offensive starters are in.

I have no issue with all the backups we play with game in hand. That is a great thing. Gets experience and reps for all, builds depth and better players for future, also great for morale.

Oct 7, 2017, 11:14 PM

Honestly, I don't think anything is "wrong" with the offense. We're 6-0 with 3 wins vs. top 15. The defense is that good that we literally need 14-17 pts from the offense to virtually guarantee a win.

Let's face it, DW4 and those boys spoiled us the last two seasons. What I find frustrating (just from watching) is the lack of consistency. Looked like we'd score 70 today after first 2 drives then we stalled. They are still a work in progress and these are all new skill guys.

All in all, 6-0 is unbelievable given the NFL turnover. I will tell you that the fg kicker scares the crap out of me. That Huegel injury has gone un-noticed and I hope it stays that way

game was over midway through the FIRST quarter

Oct 7, 2017, 11:19 PM

and we still have people whining and complaining.

Some folks should not watch sports.

Oct 7, 2017, 11:27 PM

453 yards of offense despite KB going down for a quarter. We're fine.

Give Wake some credit. They made some

Oct 7, 2017, 11:31 PM

plays on D.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 11:50 PM

First off, I don't think Kelly is as accurate with his passes as you seem to think.He has overthrown receivers on several occasions, and the offense seems to be relying too much on the bubble screens, or tunnel screens we used to see under Rob Spence.
But we are also missing that reliable tight end(Leggett), and another Mike Willams deep threat to go with Cain.
I also seem to think we are vanilla at times because defenses are stacking the line forcing Kelly to throw.And when he is forced to throw is when he is,imo, less effective.
Maybe it is our offensive line.As you say they seem to do a good job on run blocking, but on several occasions this year the pass blocking has not been as effective as we would hope.

Oct 7, 2017, 11:52 PM

don't worry be happy......cause we are going to win another natty this year........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 7, 2017, 11:59 PM

You're concerned about our offense and you don't know if we put in reserves today. Did you even watch the game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at the game.***

Oct 8, 2017, 10:24 AM

who cares? Did you see the girl n the red dress on the hill?

Oct 7, 2017, 11:55 PM

And why was she allowed in the game wearing red? Was she

Oct 8, 2017, 10:27 AM

a UGA fan? What's the deal? The Fire marshal restricts the people sitting on the hill, yet a girl in red is there.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic